Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information,... - Page 60

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 69% (125)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 30% (55)
    Carbo Basso
180 Total Votes  
post #886 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLazy View Post

I've been asking around about a few IEMs and it seems like the Tenores would be a great choice for me. Can anyone here tell me how well they'd do with "busy" music (and how well they separate instruments)? Also, are they comfortable when worn over-the-ear?

Finally, is Tenso the best way to buy these? (from Europe, if that matters)

I have the Tenores and they do separate instruments very well.  I use the Meelectronics M6 double flange tips.

 

How do you wear them over-the-ear?  Loop it on your ear?  I'll have to try that.

post #887 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

I have the Tenores and they do separate instruments very well.  I use the Meelectronics M6 double flange tips.

 

How do you wear them over-the-ear?  Loop it on your ear?  I'll have to try that.


Thanks for the reply! That's exactly how I like to wear them.

 

If you don't mind some follow-up questions - if I'm looking for somehing to work with many genres (classical, metal, acoustic, electronic, so basically everything), would these be ideal or are you aware of anything better?

post #888 of 4258
Thread Starter 

So going by the reports, only the Bassos seem to have the occasional driver-flex?

 

PS. Nice to see the  thread is doing well, thanks to you guys for keeping it alive in my absence! You know who you are. wink.gif


Edited by Lifted Andreas - 8/20/13 at 1:16am
post #889 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

So going by the reports, only the Bassos seem to have the occasional driver-flex?

PS. Nice to see the  thread is doing well, thanks to you guys for keeping it alive in my absence! You know who you are. wink.gif

The bassos are a fine iem. But jeez, its got the worst driver flex outta all the iems I have. Constant loud harsh driver flex from both ear pieces.
post #890 of 4258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swy05 View Post


The bassos are a fine iem. But jeez, its got the worst driver flex outta all the iems I have. Constant loud harsh driver flex from both ear pieces.

 

Strange, at first no one was reporting driver-flex and now look at it lol

 

Weird thing is that Tenores get no flex whatsoever...

post #891 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLazy View Post


Thanks for the reply! That's exactly how I like to wear them.

 

If you don't mind some follow-up questions - if I'm looking for somehing to work with many genres (classical, metal, acoustic, electronic, so basically everything), would these be ideal or are you aware of anything better?

I like them for all except for the occasional times when I want a little more bass.  If I want vocals, I reach for the Tenore, but if I want bass, I reach for the Carbo Basso or NuForce NE-700x

post #892 of 4258

a big dynamic driver like the SONY MDR7550  can doi it all, and reports are that the agh cks1000 is also multi genre proficient...

the sony is like having near field monitors strapped to your head...much dynamism and clarity also.

amplication brings out the best in em....they truly reflect the best parts of your chain of gear.

post #893 of 4258
I think it's going to be the Tenores, then. I'm still a bit worried about using Tenso, though, but the ebay sellers seem slower and slightly more expensive.

Would I have to order some tips (like the Meelec ones) as well?
post #894 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLazy View Post

I think it's going to be the Tenores, then. I'm still a bit worried about using Tenso, though, but the ebay sellers seem slower and slightly more expensive.

Would I have to order some tips (like the Meelec ones) as well?

Whats got you worried?

I started using tenso recently and its been flawless. Top notch service.
post #895 of 4258

i use WHITERABBIT.COM and they are good, make costs clear for shipping.  they give you an estimate before you have to agree to their shipping purchasing service.

they try to find the lowest price for you also.

post #896 of 4258

its actually  whiterabbitexpress.com

post #897 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swy05 View Post


Whats got you worried?

I started using tenso recently and its been flawless. Top notch service.

 

+1. I've used Tenso three times and flawless fast delivery each time.

post #898 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLazy View Post

I think it's going to be the Tenores, then. I'm still a bit worried about using Tenso, though, but the ebay sellers seem slower and slightly more expensive.

Would I have to order some tips (like the Meelec ones) as well?

To my ears, the meelectronic m6 double flange sound better than the stock tips.  They were the ones recommended by many in this thread.

 

This is my comparison of Tenore vs. Basso:

 

Tenores sound clearer, more detailed and airy, and have better mids and highs.  They sound brighter than the Bassos.  Bass is faster and tighter.

 

Bassos sound bigger and have more bass.  Mids are more forward.

 

I prefer the Tenore over the Basso for Rock and Pop.  The only time I like the Basso is if I'm in a mood for more bass, at the sacrifice of the aforementioned.

post #899 of 4258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Matter of preference but the hybrids are some of the better tips around.  MH1C tips are great also.  I actually use the stock tips and find no discomfort with them.  

 

Very true, I find the hybrids to be sharper on highs and they make the lows tighter. However, they aren't the best ones for Tenores. I much more prefer the M6 bi-flanges, they make the bass more round and smooth the highs out.

post #900 of 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

To my ears, the meelectronic m6 double flange sound better than the stock tips.  They were the ones recommended by many in this thread.

 

This is my comparison of Tenore vs. Basso:

 

Tenores sound clearer, more detailed and airy, and have better mids and highs.  They sound brighter than the Bassos.  Bass is faster and tighter.

 

Bassos sound bigger and have more bass.  Mids are more forward.

 

I prefer the Tenore over the Basso for Rock and Pop.  The only time I like the Basso is if I'm in a mood for more bass, at the sacrifice of the aforementioned.


Do you mean these tips? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Clear-/140821138554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

 

Well, Tenores will be my choice, then! I've had my eye on some other IEMs out there too, but since I'm a bit tired of being indecisive, I'll just pick this. :D

 

 

As far as Tenso goes, my only concern is their (fairly new, it seems) policy of asking for some form of identification - I've never seen anything like that for an online business and find it a little odd.

 

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!