Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information,... - Page 46

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 68% (120)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 31% (54)
    Carbo Basso
174 Total Votes  
post #676 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post


I've heard the CKS1000 recently at my local store. After having heard the Basso personally, I now understand why some members here says they sound a lot alike. Can't really agree with the Basso OOTB but after overnight burning it is now agreeably so. I have also heard the CKS99 and IMO, the Basso can stand shoulder to shoulder with the 99. Dsnuts have mentioned to me when I was in your position that I might like the a Basso enough that I might give the CKS1000 pass and it really looks like he's right about it. About the Philips, give them a go if you can and I'm very sure it will be a great compliment to the Basso.

Wow thats really positive thing to say about the Basso's!

If people really think its a minor upgrade between Basso and CKS1000 then the Bassos are a bargain!

post #677 of 4174

You guys know that they're coming out with a single and dual BA --- the Carbo Singolog and Carbo Doppio, right?

 

post #678 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

Wow thats really positive thing to say about the Basso's!
If people really think its a minor upgrade between Basso and CKS1000 then the Bassos are a bargain!

The Basso are really good but the CKS1000 is definitely a step up from them. What I meant from my personal position is that it's good enough for me considering the Basso's level of cost over performance. But your YMMV and do agree with many that it's a great value buy for those seeking the Basso kind of sound sig. Cheers.
post #679 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post


The Basso are really good but the CKS1000 is definitely a step up from them. What I meant from my personal position is that it's good enough for me considering the Basso's level of cost over performance. But your YMMV and do agree with many that it's a great value buy for those seeking the Basso kind of sound sig. Cheers.

They cost a lot more too lol

I was thinking about stepping up my budget for CKS90s as cant go as far as the 1000s.

post #680 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

They cost a lot more too lol
I was thinking about stepping up my budget for CKS90s as cant go as far as the 1000s.

I have the CKS90LTD but my wife have lay claims to it. It's good but I think the Basso have better and smoother mids and treble. The CkS90 mids is a little more edgy and the highs is also prone to sibilant. With the CKS90, I sometimes feels that the mid bass is a little too much for my taste and feels that the Basso got it just right for me. IMO, the Basso have an edge over the CKS90 with a smoother presentation and almost free of sibilant. But as always, we might have a different preference in sound and might also hear things differently thus YMMV.
Edited by Leo888 - 7/14/13 at 8:07am
post #681 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post


I have the CKS90LTD but my wife have lay claims to it. It's good but I think the Basso have better and smoother mids and treble. The CkS90 mids is a little more edgy and the highs is also prone to sibilant. With the CKS90, I sometimes feels that the mid bass is a little too much for my taste and feels that the Basso got it just right for me. IMO, the Basso have an edge over the CKS90 with a smoother presentation and almost free of sibilant. But as always, we might have a different preference in sound and might also hear things differently thus YMMV.

Good to know. :)

post #682 of 4174
Ok guys, I'm officially sold on the Basso. Have been using a old Blackberry hand phone loaded with mp3 files as a tool to burn my iems and have gotten sibilant with almost any iem. With the Basso, no sibilant was noticed and it actually sounded rather good with all the characteristic of the phone intact thou lacking some refinement. This Basso will not have any problem with source matching and I reckon that it will sound good with a lot of dap out there. Thanks to everyone who have contributed your thoughts and information which leads me to this purchase. Cheers.
post #683 of 4174
It's great to know more headfiers are discovering the awesomeness of ZA iems.
post #684 of 4174
Love my Carbo Bassos but the double flange tips just don't seem to agree with my ears comfort-wise, which is a shame as they sound better.
post #685 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

You guys know that they're coming out with a single and dual BA --- the Carbo Singolog and Carbo Doppio, right?

 


Yes I am definitely gonna shell out some cash for their dual ba phones. If they dedicate one of the BAs for bass response I am all over that bad boy.

post #686 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

It's great to know more headfiers are discovering the awesomeness of ZA iems.

A big YES, they are awesome. The Basso are a fun , musical and non-fatiguing listen. Doesn't sacrifice mids and highs with it's very good bass presence. Have been mentioned may times in this thread but would like to add on again to let others know that it's the real deal. Cheers.
post #687 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

Love my Carbo Bassos but the double flange tips just don't seem to agree with my ears comfort-wise, which is a shame as they sound better.

 

Same here, the double flange tips arrived today and I gave them a try.

The Bassos sound much better but the tips are really uncomfortable! I was wondering if Meelec made a mistake or do they only come in ONE size?!

post #688 of 4174

Got my basso today!

no customs charges and took 8 days via SAL. not bad!

post #689 of 4174
Congratulations mate! Have a fun time listening...
post #690 of 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

Congratulations mate! Have a fun time listening...

Cheers!

Will try em once I am home, with stock and then m6 tips.

Anyone tried em with the Sony hybrids? 


Edited by nekromantik - 7/15/13 at 5:17am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!