Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information,... - Page 275

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 70% (131)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 29% (56)
    Carbo Basso
187 Total Votes  
post #4111 of 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post
 

Whats the weakness, is it flabby ?

 

I find on dynamic recordings, with really low hard hitting bass, it rolls off early and can't handle the extreme low frequencies.

post #4112 of 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post

 
Whats the weakness, is it flabby ?

I find on dynamic recordings, with really low hard hitting bass, it rolls off early and can't handle the extreme low frequencies.
Wow. That's one report i haven't heard yet. :-P usually the bass is extremely deep and can handle insanely low frequencies...
post #4113 of 4316

The sub-bass of the Tenore is pretty extended. It goes down pretty damn low. I think you're referring to the low-mids cn11.

post #4114 of 4316
Mid bass or low mids are like mh1 hollow?
post #4115 of 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post

Mid bass or low mids are like mh1 hollow?

 

Not at all. The bass overall is less than the mh1 though, but it's more compact.

The mh1 is much warmer while the Tenore have more treble and a rather neutral sound.


Edited by encoreAC - 8/8/14 at 10:11am
post #4116 of 4316
I've never been a fan of the MH1 sound. To me, the reference version of Tenores are leaps and bounds ahead compared to the colored and bloated sound of the MH1
post #4117 of 4316

I've read about the first 70 pages and last 30 pages. It seems that the Carbo Bassos were completely forgotten. Is there any reason why that I should know about? I've gotten both, but won't be delivered till two more weeks.

post #4118 of 4316

I find the mh1 extremely similar to the tenores. The tenores has a bit better sub bass extension and bit less impact. You can't really tell the difference unless you were being really picky and listening to them side by side. I would put the two phones on par with each other.

post #4119 of 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by encoreAC View Post

Not at all. The bass overall is less than the mh1 though, but it's more compact.
The mh1 is much warmer while the Tenore have more treble and a rather neutral sound.

I actually hear more treble and perhaps mids emphasis on the MH1 than I do on the Tenore. I agree that the MH1's stock bass is more emphasized, but with the strain relief filled, the bass becomes more similar to the Tenore in emphasis. I do find the MH1's bass in general to be less defined and more soft than the Tenore. But, if the ER4S represents tight defined bass, and the MH1 represents loose undefined bass, than the Tenore is much closer to the MH1 than the ER4S to my ears.
post #4120 of 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


Wow. That's one report i haven't heard yet. :-P usually the bass is extremely deep and can handle insanely low frequencies...

 

That's what I hear when I compared the Tenore to the Dita Answer, and now the Ref.1.... It definitely drops off earlier, and sounds like the driver gets confused, when there's really low hard hitting material. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisk View Post
 

The sub-bass of the Tenore is pretty extended. It goes down pretty damn low. I think you're referring to the low-mids cn11.

 

No, I definitely mean the uber lows... It just is not as dynamically extended as the two phones mentioned above. But I mean really, it is an approx. $50 phone...

post #4121 of 4316

seems like every impression of the Tenore are little bit different ;D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisk View Post

I've never been a fan of the MH1 sound. To me, the reference version of Tenores are leaps and bounds ahead compared to the colored and bloated sound of the MH1
 
The Bass can be indeed described as bloated for one, for me it's giving me more thickness and body to the sound, which I sometimes miss on the Tenore's

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iemmustiane View Post
 

I find the mh1 extremely similar to the tenores. The tenores has a bit better sub bass extension and bit less impact. You can't really tell the difference unless you were being really picky and listening to them side by side. I would put the two phones on par with each other.

 

 

My MH1 and Tenore are completely different sounding regarding warmness and Bass though and also with less treble on my MH1,

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


I actually hear more treble and perhaps mids emphasis on the MH1 than I do on the Tenore. I agree that the MH1's stock bass is more emphasized, but with the strain relief filled, the bass becomes more similar to the Tenore in emphasis. I do find the MH1's bass in general to be less defined and more soft than the Tenore. But, if the ER4S represents tight defined bass, and the MH1 represents loose undefined bass, than the Tenore is much closer to the MH1 than the ER4S to my ears.
 
I definitely have a treble spike on my Tenore's, which make the MH1 more smooth sounding to me. I am still waiting on my amp. Maybe that is making the difference?
post #4122 of 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by encoreAC View Post

Not at all. The bass overall is less than the mh1 though, but it's more compact.
The mh1 is much warmer while the Tenore have more treble and a rather neutral sound.

I actually hear more treble and perhaps mids emphasis on the MH1 than I do on the Tenore. I agree that the MH1's stock bass is more emphasized, but with the strain relief filled, the bass becomes more similar to the Tenore in emphasis. I do find the MH1's bass in general to be less defined and more soft than the Tenore. But, if the ER4S represents tight defined bass, and the MH1 represents loose undefined bass, than the Tenore is much closer to the MH1 than the ER4S to my ears.
Interesting. I find the mh1 i last modded with filled relief to be extremely similar to the tenore if both are fit properly. And i agree about the mh1 being brighter in a way, i almost prefer the mh1 treble personally in how it is more dynamic sounding, but the tenore is overall more linear. Yet i find the bass impact better on the mh1. Not level, just the way it hits and tightness. The tenore bass sounds softer and more smeared to me, but yet extens lower and is more linear overall.

The mh1 pushed in the ear stock is much much warmer to me. But sealed shallow it is greatly reduced in mid bass. Even withouth filling the relief.

But thrn my tenores seem to fluctuate lately in response. Going from crispy to soft. So i'm not positive about anything anymore. I'd actually take my current mh1 over my current tenore for crisp details and impactful bass and the tenore for linear response and mid details.
post #4123 of 4316

Okay first off I am new to IEMs, like I mean to the point where I never really even owned cheap earbuds that came free with devices or cd players/mp3 players. So I have limited experience, but I do own EX10S, recently acquired the RE-400(sounds really good from when I think of IEM) then finally the Carbo Tenore. Like really!? does this IEM sound this good at this cheap of a price point?! 

 

Really though on a more serious note, I have read that the Zero Audio are doing some amazings for a lot of people who cannot afford during these times high quality( which leads to higher prices many a time) for their audio headphones and earphones. This Company is seriously astounding just from this one earphone alone, but the fact that they have another in the same price which is targeted to a more fun sound, if I am understanding this correctly, which that way they have affordable IEMs for basically two of the different groups of audio lovers out there( granted this is a huge generalization). 
 

Some one pinch me I am dreaming.  

 

 

P.S. This IEM sounds fantastic plugged into the 3.5mm IEM/Low impedance jack on the Fournier HTA-2 Hybrid tube amp....fantastic.

post #4124 of 4316
I think we just need to remind ourselves that the Tenore is exceedingly inconsistent in regards to sound, especially bass emphasis. Some of these comparisons aren't ever going to match up.
post #4125 of 4316
Ooh you saying that people are getting bad batches?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!