Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information,... - Page 168

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 68% (120)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 31% (54)
    Carbo Basso
174 Total Votes  
post #2506 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

IM50 has a massive bass which gets better with burn in, so it's in my "moderate" basshead category.  Tenore has a great detailed warm signature with an amazing soundstage for those occasions when you want to feel like you are in the middle of the concert smily_headphones1.gif  Doppios are blowing a lid with their reference like clarity and increasing burn in improvement in bass response (but damn, that high sensitivity frown.gif).  With IM03 you get strong bass, though less sub-bass in comparison to IM50, and a more detailed and wider sound (in comparison to IM50 as well).  As I mentioned before $200 or whatever less is a great deal.
6
B6ottom line, it's so hard to make a decision in choosing one because they all offer something unique.  If you are narrowing to sub $70 price and deciding between IM50 and Tenore - it's comes down to if you want a slamming bass with a tough build-design - IM50 are perfect for working out to get you pumping, to stay in your ears thanks to behind-the-ehhyar memory wire, and to give you piece of mind with removable cables. Or if you want a tiny lightweight piston shells with a detailed warm sound and wide soundstage - Tenore is your friend, though you might need to get an amp to drive those due to low sensitivity.  Personally, if I would have to choose only one, it would be IM50, because of the bass, vocal clarify, and tough build w/RC. With Tenore alternatives, I'm still waiting to receive my KC06 and KC06A (with extra bass, I think "A" might be a better match for Tenore), and also we have an upcoming over-hyped VSD3/VSD5.

On a separate note, I have a huge interest in FX-850 to the point where I'm even willing to trade my W40 for a pair of fresh 850 woodies wink.gif

Thanks, but I think I should stop reading your posts - you make me want everything lol. Fwiw, I have the kc06's and love them, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts. And I loved my tenores, even though they were problematic (getting an exchange pair). I also have been lusting over the 850's for a while, but recent forces have got me lusting for the im03's. And yeah, I forgot about those damned vzonics!
post #2507 of 4204
Still not feeling them. Have burned them in for around 40 hours now....
Edited by smith - 6/8/14 at 8:10am
post #2508 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post

Still not feeling them. Have burned them in for around 40 hours now....

What's your source, and have you tried just listening to only the Tenore for awhile to allow brain burn-in to take place? I thought they were so-so at first with my X5 and found them to be much more dynamic and enjoyable with my DX90.
post #2509 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

What's your source, and have you tried just listening to only the Tenore for awhile to allow brain burn-in to take place? I thought they were so-so at first with my X5 and found them to be much more dynamic and enjoyable with my DX90.

I am using them with my iphone4..... But have been using the Ostry for over a month now so maybe I do need to get used to the sound signature ....
post #2510 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post


I am using them with my iphone4..... But have been using the Ostry for over a month now so maybe I do need to get used to the sound signature ....

 

Yes definitely. If you've only been listening to the same pair for over a month a different signature will usually sound bad. Listen only to the Tenores for a few days and you will appreciate them for what they offer. I also don't think the Tenores improve with burn in, mine haven't changed at all as far as i can tell.

post #2511 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post


I am using them with my iphone4..... But have been using the Ostry for over a month now so maybe I do need to get used to the sound signature ....

 

When I first received the Tenore I thought the KC06 was a better headphone, but now I think it is the other way around.  You might just prefer the signature of the Ostry (which is also a very capable IEM).

post #2512 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post

Still not feeling them. Have burned them in for around 40 hours now....

After 4 days fulltime I still didn't feel them. I shipped them off for the moe ss01. Impressions soon!
post #2513 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post


After 4 days fulltime I still didn't feel them. I shipped them off for the moe ss01. Impressions soon!

 

After awhile, I found SS01 to be too bright for my taste, just not my cup of tea since it was too revealing (on some tracks, borderline sibilant).  But the twin-shell design is cool and actually has an overall comfortable fitment.  Amazing how it processes low end and mids/highs separate to combine at output, very detailed layering.  My full review of MOE's here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2761344

 

Btw, do you know that MOEs guys manufacture drivers for ATH-IM50/IM70?  http://www.52erji.com/category/product2 - they also manufacture drivers for JVC and Sony.

post #2514 of 4204

I just received a pair of Tenore's this week and I am currently very satisfied with the purchase. The presentation is very well done and the frequency balance is also pretty close to ideal. I'm hoping that my only issue is solved with the addition of the comply S-200 tips. There can be a tad too much low end at times, but nothing that is a deal breaker.

 

I've been looking for a dynamic driver in-ear for quite some time that filled the sonic gap between the UERM and the JH13. Most of the dynamic driver in-ears have some sort of shortcoming in the form of either sonics or form factor. The Ternore is NOT a technical breakthrough, but it is a great piece of gear to just relax and listen to music when you don't want to fuss with your high end equipment. Just plug it into any portable DAP and enjoy!

 

Is there any reason I should add the Meelec tips to my "must try" list after the S-200 ?

post #2515 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post
 

I just received a pair of Tenore's this week and I am currently very satisfied with the purchase. The presentation is very well done and the frequency balance is also pretty close to ideal. I'm hoping that my only issue is solved with the addition of the comply S-200 tips. There can be a tad too much low end at times, but nothing that is a deal breaker.

 

I've been looking for a dynamic driver in-ear for quite some time that filled the sonic gap between the UERM and the JH13. Most of the dynamic driver in-ears have some sort of shortcoming in the form of either sonics or form factor. The Ternore is NOT a technical breakthrough, but it is a great piece of gear to just relax and listen to music when you don't want to fuss with your high end equipment. Just plug it into any portable DAP and enjoy!

 

Is there any reason I should add the Meelec tips to my "must try" list after the S-200 ?

 

Yes, it certainly isn't a technical breakthrough, how could it be when it uses just a cheap single microdriver? But as far as tuning goes, it's one of the best dynamics i've heard regardless of price. As for flanges, i'd try both of those if i where you, in fact i've already ordered both :P. If you order the meelecs, get the transparent ones as they are softer and they should be easier to seal.

 

If you want to tame the sub-bass while you are waiting for your new tips, try flanges one size smaller than you usually use. If you find a pair that is not too small it should do the trick while offering decent seal. I am currently trying the MH1 medium tips. The large ones were atrocious, boosting the bass by a lot (bassheads, would love them though) but the medium ones have less sub-bass than the default tips and seal ok. The only downside i've found with them is that while they add a little width to the soundstage they seem to decrease the depth.

 

The weirdest pair of flanges i've tried were some no name transparent mediums with a wide bore. They sealed well, but while they were decreasing sub-bass they were adding to mid-bass.

post #2516 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post
 

 

Yes, it certainly isn't a technical breakthrough, how could it be when it uses just a cheap single microdriver? But as far as tuning goes, it's one of the best dynamics i've heard regardless of price. As for flanges, i'd try both of those if i where you, in fact i've already ordered both :P. If you order the meelecs, get the transparent ones as they are softer and they should be easier to seal.

 

If you want to tame the sub-bass while you are waiting for your new tips, try flanges one size smaller than you usually use. If you find a pair that is not too small it should do the trick while offering decent seal. I am currently trying the MH1 medium tips. The large ones were atrocious, boosting the bass by a lot (bassheads, would love them though) but the medium ones have less sub-bass than the default tips and seal ok. The only downside i've found with them is that while they add a little width to the soundstage they seem to decrease the depth.

 

The weirdest pair of flanges i've tried were some no name transparent mediums with a wide bore. They sealed well, but while they were decreasing sub-bass they were adding to mid-bass.

Thanks for the "tips"  -  I will try finding some of the transparent meelecs.

 

I wasn't expecting any sort of technical marvel, I was just making sure nobody thought I was actually comparing them to the UERM or JH13 in technical ability.

post #2517 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post
 

Thanks for the "tips"  -  I will try finding some of the transparent meelecs.

 

I wasn't expecting any sort of technical marvel, I was just making sure nobody thought I was actually comparing them to the UERM or JH13 in technical ability.

 

Lol, yeah, i got that, don't worry. The funny thing is that you can find posts in this thread by members that do something like that. That's how hype trains get their fuel :P. You can find an ebay link for transparent meelecs in the OP.

post #2518 of 4204

There is anyone here having both black and transparent meelec biflanges? I have only black ones and they don't bring what others described here, I don't feel they are better than stock tips to my ears. So maybe the transparents are the way to go, there are any diferencies in SQ between them and blacks?

post #2519 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlad View Post
 

There is anyone here having both black and transparent meelec biflanges? I have only black ones and they don't bring what others described here, I don't feel they are better than stock tips to my ears. So maybe the transparents are the way to go, there are any diferencies in SQ between them and blacks?

 

Well, since they are made with a different material it makes sense that they seal differently, which usually affects sound. They meelec biflanges are reportedly reducing the sub-bass and increasing the size of the soundstage. I take it you don't get those benefits? If you want less sub-bass you should also consider the comply s-200, Shane posted that it does just that.


Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 6/8/14 at 1:20pm
post #2520 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

After awhile, I found SS01 to be too bright for my taste, just not my cup of tea since it was too revealing (on some tracks, borderline sibilant).  But the twin-shell design is cool and actually has an overall comfortable fitment.  Amazing how it processes low end and mids/highs separate to combine at output, very detailed layering.  My full review of MOE's here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2761344

Btw, do you know that MOEs guys manufacture drivers for ATH-IM50/IM70?  http://www.52erji.com/category/product2 - they also manufacture drivers for JVC and Sony.

Nice thanks! I knew they used the same drivers, only tuned different.
I think its a matter of perspective, since I found the tenores far to smooth. Maybe siblant is neutral to me wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!