Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information,... - Page 89

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 70% (131)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 29% (56)
    Carbo Basso
187 Total Votes  
post #1321 of 4283

I thought the poll was just to say which one you are planning to buy.  I'd assume that voters had neither one.

post #1322 of 4283
I've tried both and the Tenore beats the Basso in every category imo.

In other news my new pair is free of driver flex! These sound very very good.
post #1323 of 4283

Agree that most voted for Basso and are now voting for Tenore, but haven't tried both.  In the early part of this thread, most people, including me, bought the Basso because it was bigger and we thought we wanted bass.  However, those of us who later bought Tenore preferred the Tenore to the Basso.

 

Lately, everyone has been buying Tenore.

post #1324 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post

I thought the poll was just to say which one you are planning to buy.  I'd assume that voters had neither one.

Well then... It seem that didn't last long at all. 😏
post #1325 of 4283
Wow this new pair is slightly more mid forward than my previous pair. In my MH1 comparison I wrote that I preferred the MH1's more Ety-like mids, but that may need revision.
Edited by gnarlsagan - 5/14/14 at 12:06pm
post #1326 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Wow this new pair is slightly more mid forward than my previous pair. In my MH1 comparison I wrote that I preferred the MH1's more Ety-like mids, but that may need revision.

 

You're careful about volume matching?
 

Seems unlikely that a new pair would have a different tuning...

post #1327 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post

You're careful about volume matching?

 
Seems unlikely that a new pair would have a different tuning...

I should have reiterated my old pair suffered from a venting issue. The vent must have been blocked by something internal like glue. This cause driver flex and eventual channel imbalance and a drop in volume on both channels. This problem seemed to get worse over time, but I had already written the MH1 comparison.

The old Tenore had a more downward sloping FR more closely aligned with O-W. This new Tenore is clearly closer to the ER4S in FR and tonality. I'm very very pleased so far. If no issues crop up then I'll be comparing these to the ER4S in the coming weeks (after finals).
post #1328 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


I should have reiterated my old pair suffered from a venting issue. The vent must have been blocked by something internal like glue. This cause driver flex and eventual channel imbalance and a drop in volume on both channels. This problem seemed to get worse over time, but I had already written the MH1 comparison.

The old Tenore had a more downward sloping FR more closely aligned with O-W. This new Tenore is clearly closer to the ER4S in FR and tonality. I'm very very pleased so far. If no issues crop up then I'll be comparing these to the ER4S in the coming weeks (after finals).

 

THanks for the clarification.  I was beginning to think that my Tenores were defective or from an older batch.. but that usually only happens with Chinese iems.  The mids/highs feel less forward than KC06, but perhaps that's only because KC06 mids/highs are more forward than Tenore. 

post #1329 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


I should have reiterated my old pair suffered from a venting issue. The vent must have been blocked by something internal like glue. This cause driver flex and eventual channel imbalance and a drop in volume on both channels. This problem seemed to get worse over time, but I had already written the MH1 comparison.

The old Tenore had a more downward sloping FR more closely aligned with O-W. This new Tenore is clearly closer to the ER4S in FR and tonality. I'm very very pleased so far. If no issues crop up then I'll be comparing these to the ER4S in the coming weeks (after finals).

 

Channel imbalance is my biggest pet peeve in the world.  Especially a slight channel imbalance that causes me to go OCD wondering if it's in my head.  I don't know if I've simply been unlucky, but it's probably because I've mostly used Westone IEMs that are prone to it.

 

I'm curious about the isolation with the Tenores.  I think I remember reviewers saying it was good for a dynamic, but need to go back and re-read them. 

post #1330 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post

THanks for the clarification.  I was beginning to think that my Tenores were defective or from an older batch.. but that usually only happens with Chinese iems.  The mids/highs feel less forward than KC06, but perhaps that's only because KC06 mids/highs are more forward than Tenore. 

I'll be sure to post my opinion when I get the KC06 in a couple weeks. The Tenore is pretty mid forward though.
post #1331 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post

Channel imbalance is my biggest pet peeve in the world.  Especially a slight channel imbalance that causes me to go OCD wondering if it's in my head.  I don't know if I've simply been unlucky, but it's probably because I've mostly used Westone IEMs that are prone to it.

I'm curious about the isolation with the Tenores.  I think I remember reviewers saying it was good for a dynamic, but need to go back and re-read them. 

Same here, channel imbalance drives me insane. Sometimes it can be difficult to track down if it's slight.

Isolation with the Tenores isn't bad. I'd say average or above average in general. I can wear them at the gym no problem.
post #1332 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post

You're careful about volume matching?

 
Seems unlikely that a new pair would have a different tuning...

How do you volume match? Do you used specific hardware for this or just by ear? Where do you match? Vocals?
post #1333 of 4283
Just FYI guys, I purchased mine from seller Comtachi Japan on Amazon.com for $53 and chose the 3 day shipping for an extra $10. They arrived within 3 days vs the 2-3 weeks which seems more typical for standard delivery from Japan. Worth it imo. One drawback though is Comtachi doesn't accept returns except for unopened product, unlike Vision Store on Amazon.com.
post #1334 of 4283

A seller has one in stock where it is fulfilled by Amazon (meaning it's probably already in a warehouse in the US already). One nice thing about this is that if there is a defect, a return should be relatively hassle-free since Amazon handles it.


Edited by PeterDLai - 5/14/14 at 3:16pm
post #1335 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
 

 

Oops never mind.

 

Vision Store on Amazon.com. They accepted my return, but my Tenore is still on it's way back to them, so I haven't yet received my refund. They said they'd refund it though along with the shipping cost, which was nice of them, so I'll keep people updated.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!