Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Who has an end game setup?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who has an end game setup? - Page 31

Poll Results: This is my headphone. I am finished. I've owned these for more than 1 year.

 
  • 13% (24)
    Stax SR009
  • 5% (9)
    Stax SR007 Mk 1 or 2
  • 9% (17)
    Audeze LCD2 inc revision 2
  • 9% (16)
    Audeze LCD3
  • 10% (18)
    Fostex TH900
  • 28% (51)
    Sennheiser HD800
  • 1% (3)
    Sennheiser Orpheus
  • 2% (4)
    Sony MDR10 Bass heavy or light
  • 5% (9)
    JH Audio Or Custom in ear monitors
  • 3% (7)
    Beyerdynamic T1
  • 10% (19)
    any I've missed? Please post
177 Total Votes  
post #451 of 594

This is how I keep myself content.  I have over 30 headphones but keep only 10 out and ready to roll when Im in the mood. Between my Nuforce dac 9, my O2, 6000MKII tube amp and a jack out of my CM30 powered Cube monitor they are all plugged in and available at once.  I use a couple large capacity home made phone stands and with the touch of a few buttons I choose from these phones:  LCD2,  HD800 ,HD650, MAD DOGS, HF-2 ,AKG701, D7000, HE5000, DT990(600).   M50 and porta pros (my cell phone) are at my computer  for use with my Fiio E17 E9 combo.  My dac9 also powers my stereo system which consists of the 2 powered cube monitors a couple KAM Fidelio 6.5 speakers and a Pioneer sub woofer.  I've been content like this for quite sometime now and God willing this is it.

post #452 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleroy View Post

This is how I keep myself content.  I have over 30 headphones but keep only 10 out and ready to roll when Im in the mood. Between my Nuforce dac 9, my O2, 6000MKII tube amp and a jack out of my CM30 powered Cube monitor they are all plugged in and available at once.  I use a couple large capacity home made phone stands and with the touch of a few buttons I choose from these phones:  LCD2,  HD800 ,HD650, MAD DOGS, HF-2 ,AKG701, D7000, HE5000, DT990(600).   M50 and porta pros (my cell phone) are at my computer  for use with my Fiio E17 E9 combo.  My dac9 also powers my stereo system which consists of the 2 powered cube monitors a couple KAM Fidelio 6.5 speakers and a Pioneer sub woofer.  I've been content like this for quite sometime now and God willing this is it.

 

Impressive home setup, but you being a truck driver I have to ask, what do you use on the road?  

 

By the way, your avatar is awesome.  How happy you are in it makes me happy.  beyersmile.png

post #453 of 594

Thanks, I take the porta pros with me on the job but only use it when stopped. I don't use anything at all while driving iuncluding the radio.

post #454 of 594
Thread Starter 
Thanks for sharing that with us James; you must have quite some cables in your listening home!
post #455 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleroy View Post

This is how I keep myself content.  I have over 30 headphones but keep only 10 out and ready to roll when Im in the mood. Between my Nuforce dac 9, my O2, 6000MKII tube amp and a jack out of my CM30 powered Cube monitor they are all plugged in and available at once.  I use a couple large capacity home made phone stands and with the touch of a few buttons I choose from these phones:  LCD2,  HD800 ,HD650, MAD DOGS, HF-2 ,AKG701, D7000, HE5000, DT990(600).   M50 and porta pros (my cell phone) are at my computer  for use with my Fiio E17 E9 combo.  My dac9 also powers my stereo system which consists of the 2 powered cube monitors a couple KAM Fidelio 6.5 speakers and a Pioneer sub woofer.  I've been content like this for quite sometime now and God willing this is it.

"God willing this is it" lol! Good luck with that mate.
post #456 of 594
So what is the top of the line product for each company. Stax, hifiman, fostex, ect.
post #457 of 594
If
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleroy View Post

This is how I keep myself content.  I have over 30 headphones but keep only 10 out and ready to roll when Im in the mood. Between my Nuforce dac 9, my O2, 6000MKII tube amp and a jack out of my CM30 powered Cube monitor they are all plugged in and available at once.  I use a couple large capacity home made phone stands and with the touch of a few buttons I choose from these phones:  LCD2,  HD800 ,HD650, MAD DOGS, HF-2 ,AKG701, D7000, HE5000, DT990(600).   M50 and porta pros (my cell phone) are at my computer  for use with my Fiio E17 E9 combo.  My dac9 also powers my stereo system which consists of the 2 powered cube monitors a couple KAM Fidelio 6.5 speakers and a Pioneer sub woofer.  I've been content like this for quite sometime now and God willing this is it.
If you don't mind my asking with all those amazing cans why do you still have an e17?
post #458 of 594

That combo is strictly for my laptop which never leaves my kitchen table...along with sound sticksIII which I really enjoy.

post #459 of 594
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty3258 View Post

So what is the top of the line product for each company. Stax, hifiman, fostex, ect.
What I can yell you is not based on experience. I'm assuming you mean ehat flagship models are so good that they may be enough.
Those memtioned here are the Hifiman HE6. The Stax SR009. The Sony MDR10 bass heavy. The Fostex TH900. Audeze have both LCD2 rev 2 and LCD3 mentions. Sennheiser HD800'S have completed a couple of awesome setups too.
My 5 flagships are IEM Sony XBA4 ip, open Phones HD800 , Stax SRX Mark 3, Stax Sigma Pro, Beyerdynamic T1.
The Sony don't compare with the rest but are the best for hands free telephone calls. The Sigma Pro looks the weirdest and goes the loudest without hurting my ears. The HD800 are the most flexible because they can be plugged into most of my kit and still sound great. Although they need amping realistically out of my mobile phone or other portable devices I have. The Stax SRX and Sigma were top of the line in their day. But I think that was before we landed on the moon.
post #460 of 594
Thanks, i was just looking for some names to look at, at the top tier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeanidea View Post

What I can yell you is not based on experience. I'm assuming you mean ehat flagship models are so good that they may be enough.
Those memtioned here are the Hifiman HE6. The Stax SR009. The Sony MDR10 bass heavy. The Fostex TH900. Audeze have both LCD2 rev 2 and LCD3 mentions. Sennheiser HD800'S have completed a couple of awesome setups too.
My 5 flagships are IEM Sony XBA4 ip, open Phones HD800 , Stax SRX Mark 3, Stax Sigma Pro, Beyerdynamic T1.
The Sony don't compare with the rest but are the best for hands free telephone calls. The Sigma Pro looks the weirdest and goes the loudest without hurting my ears. The HD800 are the most flexible because they can be plugged into most of my kit and still sound great. Although they need amping realistically out of my mobile phone or other portable devices I have. The Stax SRX and Sigma were top of the line in their day. But I think that was before we landed on the moon.
post #461 of 594

END GAME setup, well I had it with my speaker system, APL NB-1 speakers driven by APL UA-S4 amp and a source considered among the worlds best the APL NWO-Master Edition.

Downgraded to the smaller speakers NB-2 sold the expensive DAC/CD and ordered the much cheaper USB DAC-X but keeping the amp. Playing Space for the Papa by Jeff Beck no headphones have been close this far...

So speaker rig APL NB-2 <- UA-S4 <- Dac X is done for ever unless Alex comes up with some even cheaper stuff.

 

As for headphones Ive had the AD2K for more than 2 years and long ago let go of the T1/HD800/LCD2 and have no urge to try any other dynamics.

 

However a KGSSHV is incoming any day now....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeanidea View Post

I agree. It's the end of a long journey. Normally that means a seriously expensive setup has been assembled that represents the best of the best. To get the best you have to pay for it and that goes for most things in life.
There will be some that have gone too far and they sell it all and go back to an ipod with ear buds. I don't suppose they stay with headfi in that scenario though.
But if you're out there we'd like to hear your story too.
post #462 of 594

Regarding the poll, can I select/vote more than one headphones?

post #463 of 594
Thread Starter 
certainly Purk, if you (as I and most other headfiers do) have more than 1 headphone you are using regularly then they fit the criteria
post #464 of 594

Not a bad end-rig for some maybe...

 

 

post #465 of 594

Well with a full weekend with my sprtizer built KGSSHV and SR-009s, I'm definitely ready to call this my End Game Setup. L3000.gif

 

Maybe a new Bryston BDA-2 DAC in the fall/wintertime....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Who has an end game setup?