- 11 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by System, 5/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations Last post on 8/27/14 at 1:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NAD VISO HP50 vs PSB M4U 1 Last post on 6/27/14 at 11:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- PSB M4U 2 vs. V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Last post on 5/17/14 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- PSB M4U1 vs. NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 6/11/14 at 10:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to decided between... Last post on 12/26/13 at 3:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Since your headphones only have a 32Ω impedance, you don't really need a powerful amp to drive them. Most audiophile level amps do not have EQ controls of any kind. If you want something like that then your options are to pick up either a FiiO E17 or E07K (both have built in bass and treble controls) or pick up the Schiit Magni/Modi stack and use a software EQ to increase the low end frequencies.
I've tried using the built in software EQ (and yes I understand how to use it) but it just always ends up distorted, will this change with a DAC/Amp? Just a bit cautious hence why the idea of a hardware EQ/bass boost.
The distortion would most likely go away with a DAC/amp stack. Which EQ software and media player are you using?
Hmmm OK, I guess that makes sense. Just weird that even slight changes in the EQ makes things sounds like ****. Were are the bass boost on the Hippo was different.
Was using the built in EQ in Vox but also had the same results in using the one in Clementine.
I guess if I was to use the software EQ it opens me up to more DAC/Amp's even tubes ones like Aune T1 (Love the look of it!) just a bit nervous if it will fill my bass requirements.
EDIT: Setup to use apple AU Labs & Soundflower and EQ is about 100 times better! So this is looking more and more like a good option. Now to pick between something like the Schiit Magni/Modi stack or the Aune T1
Edited by deviot - 5/23/13 at 6:35pm
- Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 13 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 44 seconds ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 49 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)