- 11 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by System, 5/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An Interview with Paul Barton of PSB and NAD - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/27/15 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Introduction and Desktop Amp Recommendation Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help me find velour earpads for my M4U1 Last post on 1/8/15 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Since your headphones only have a 32Ω impedance, you don't really need a powerful amp to drive them. Most audiophile level amps do not have EQ controls of any kind. If you want something like that then your options are to pick up either a FiiO E17 or E07K (both have built in bass and treble controls) or pick up the Schiit Magni/Modi stack and use a software EQ to increase the low end frequencies.
I've tried using the built in software EQ (and yes I understand how to use it) but it just always ends up distorted, will this change with a DAC/Amp? Just a bit cautious hence why the idea of a hardware EQ/bass boost.
The distortion would most likely go away with a DAC/amp stack. Which EQ software and media player are you using?
Hmmm OK, I guess that makes sense. Just weird that even slight changes in the EQ makes things sounds like ****. Were are the bass boost on the Hippo was different.
Was using the built in EQ in Vox but also had the same results in using the one in Clementine.
I guess if I was to use the software EQ it opens me up to more DAC/Amp's even tubes ones like Aune T1 (Love the look of it!) just a bit nervous if it will fill my bass requirements.
EDIT: Setup to use apple AU Labs & Soundflower and EQ is about 100 times better! So this is looking more and more like a good option. Now to pick between something like the Schiit Magni/Modi stack or the Aune T1
Edited by deviot - 5/23/13 at 6:35pm
- Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1?
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 33 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 47 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/WAV???? 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2