- 11 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by System, 5/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An Interview with Paul Barton of PSB and NAD - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/27/15 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Introduction and Desktop Amp Recommendation Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help me find velour earpads for my M4U1 Last post on 1/8/15 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Since your headphones only have a 32Ω impedance, you don't really need a powerful amp to drive them. Most audiophile level amps do not have EQ controls of any kind. If you want something like that then your options are to pick up either a FiiO E17 or E07K (both have built in bass and treble controls) or pick up the Schiit Magni/Modi stack and use a software EQ to increase the low end frequencies.
I've tried using the built in software EQ (and yes I understand how to use it) but it just always ends up distorted, will this change with a DAC/Amp? Just a bit cautious hence why the idea of a hardware EQ/bass boost.
The distortion would most likely go away with a DAC/amp stack. Which EQ software and media player are you using?
Hmmm OK, I guess that makes sense. Just weird that even slight changes in the EQ makes things sounds like ****. Were are the bass boost on the Hippo was different.
Was using the built in EQ in Vox but also had the same results in using the one in Clementine.
I guess if I was to use the software EQ it opens me up to more DAC/Amp's even tubes ones like Aune T1 (Love the look of it!) just a bit nervous if it will fill my bass requirements.
EDIT: Setup to use apple AU Labs & Soundflower and EQ is about 100 times better! So this is looking more and more like a good option. Now to pick between something like the Schiit Magni/Modi stack or the Aune T1
Edited by deviot - 5/23/13 at 6:35pm
- Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1?
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › SE846 Filter mod 4 minutes ago
- › I need some help with deciding on Hifiman RE-400 vs. Shure SE215... 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 7 minutes ago
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...