well i've been roaming the forum for the past month learning as much as i can about headphones and dacs.
what i learned so far is that the SQ of the headphones is more important then the source, but you need a good source to drive the headphones and to support high def files.
i saw the tera player and loved it, really loved it, it has everything i need, but i have the X10 as my portable IEM and they wont do the player any justice.
it may sound good but i wont get the best for my money's worth.
so here i am again with the 3rd (hopefully) last thread for the long search.
currently i own a dying cowon S9 and my X10 headphones, and let me tell you this combo is really bad.
the highs are way too high (even if i set the player EQ to 9Khz narrow at -2)
the mids are a bit too clear
the bass is really good
so, what can i get for 1000$ headphones and DAC wise.
i listen to:
- advance rock
- a bit of RNB
- classic music
- a bit of metal
my demands for the player:
- at least 64GB of storage
- if there is a UI i would love it to be simple but i really don't need any UI i shuffle
- physically controllers for next rewind and volume
- if possible small
- if there is an sd card slot the songs needs to show in the same folder as the internal storage
- i would love it to be IEM
- if full size it should be as less warm to wear as possible ( i live in a warm country)
thanks in advance FP581
Edited by fp581 - 5/22/13 at 11:51pm