New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 62

post #916 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 

Worry not, the scars are more like emotional bruises, the deeper they are the longer it takes to come to the surface. You have years to go:D

 

Actually, I probably phrased that wrong. I didn't mean that there were things from that period that are still really bothering me now, or (I guess in a literal sense) that I ever intentionally damaged myself. Neither of these are true. I actually just meant that I didn't escape without experiencing some of the growing up issues for myself. Nobody does. It's part of the process, I believe. That's why I liked that album so much, though. It was like Rog was talking to me, like those guys knew. Of course they knew. They were young once, and on some level, the concerns of youth can all be boiled down to a few categories, even if each individual situation is different. It helps to hear that somebody gets it, though, and I guess on a subliminal level I must have thought hey, these guys are older than me. They must have gotten through it somehow.

post #917 of 1393

[Insert deprecating comment that makes light of the situation]

post #918 of 1393

What on earth is that hand motion she's doing? It's like she goes halfway into that spinning your finger around in the air thing people do when they're indicating that they believe somebody is nuts, then thinks better of it.

post #919 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Well, neither of us are really ready for it, and lately we have kinda been a little distant and such, not to mention we're both virgins and it's embarrassing and awkward as heck, not to mention I'm 15 and she's 13. (she is really mature for her age, though) :/ I don't know, it's never been a sexual relationship at all. I just think it kinda needs some time and for life to happen, but her mom doesn't really like me taking her to dates and such, maybe in a year or 2, but then there's the thing about me going off to college in 3 years and I just can't see how a relationship could really last. frown.gif

As kids so young, especially her, things can get complicated. It's an amazing opportunity to grow and learn because you are so young, but trauma when you are young forms opinions about many greater things as you grow up - dont become overly cynical no matter what happens and don't be quick to judge. That being said, because you are young many options to get over this are not clear -- you probably don't want to address a psychologist because you don't have power over him or her and you can't use sex to get over this, etc. and bevause you are so young, especially her, I'm skeptical as to whether she'll understand what's best for her - regardless of her maturity, there will always be stubbornness in her. If you are really good friends with her, I world say it's worth talking to her about the sh*t that has gone on in her life and help herself feel better about who she is. You like her for many reasons, and can probably appreciate her better than she can herself. That makes you a candidate for helping her get out of this. Furthermore, this will be more effective than just telling her to stop cutting. But kids go through phases and change quickly too -- naturally, she may get over cutting. So if you can't help her at all, still have hope - but nonetheless try to speed up the process. Remember, you are kids, so don't act rashly -- think through what you are doing. And understand that whatever happens, even if things go to hell, everything you did came out of your love for her and you learned what it meant to selflessly care for another, possibly above your own health. But if her parents want to interfere, etc, I would say let them. No matter what you think, they probably know better and even if she doesn't want them to, you should let them for her own good -- it's what true friends do. But above all, you seem like a very smart 15 year old. Use your intuition to guide your morality, but remember to think about the good for others when doing so -- the greater good doesn't exist in a world marred by selfishness.
post #920 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

Good idea/bad idea: replace the cutting with sex. No seriously, it can be therapeutic, and a pleasant distraction until other things get sorted out, and sometimes people just need to get laid and life will sort itself out. Sometimes being open about something like sexuality blows open the door to other things as well. Discuss, lean about intimacy, learn about yourselves in the process.

 

But like all things though, there's the potential for complication. Lots of it.

+1 

post #921 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

What on earth is that hand motion she's doing? It's like she goes halfway into that spinning your finger around in the air thing people do when they're indicating that they believe somebody is nuts, then thinks better of it.

I think that's the typical 'BOOYA' sign.

post #922 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

I think that's the typical 'BOOYA' sign.

BRAP BRAP!

 

I got through high school being an attention whore on stage (choir and solo performances in front of the whole school), being obsessed with girls, cracking immature jokes, and listening to Marc Anthony while everyone else was into that alternative rock crap. But that was 10 years ago... kids are getting more and more complicated these days. A lot of them are experimenting with sex underage...

post #923 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

BRAP BRAP!

 

I got through high school being an attention whore on stage (choir and solo performances in front of the whole school), being obsessed with girls, cracking immature jokes, and listening to Marc Anthony while everyone else was into that alternative rock crap. But that was 10 years ago... kids are getting more and more complicated these days. A lot of them are experimenting with sex underage...

 

Yeah, I went that route, too. You'd think that would be safe. In fact, that's where I met Zoe from my previous posts on here.

 

And, I have to say, no matter your opinion on her (people did tend to either adore her or despise her), if you ever heard her sing you could not deny that she was (and most likely still is) extraordinary.

post #924 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

BRAP BRAP!

 

I got through high school being an attention whore on stage (choir and solo performances in front of the whole school), being obsessed with girls, cracking immature jokes, and listening to Marc Anthony while everyone else was into that alternative rock crap. But that was 10 years ago... kids are getting more and more complicated these days. A lot of them are experimenting with sex underage...

Man, that was random! Where did that come from :D

 

Do you really think kids are getting more complicated? And kids were experimenting with sex 20 years ago too... I'd say if any, kids are actually more prude than their parents. Sexual revolution and all.

If you think kids are getting more promiscuous, that's probably because everybody talks **** about everybody on the internet.

 

God, I know I am. I lost my virginity when I was 16, I'm now 23 and still with the same girl... We've been living together for about 4 years now.

I've been able to maintain this relationship longer than my mother and sister have been able to maintain a relationship, ever...

post #925 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

Yeah, I went that route, too. You'd think that would be safe. In fact, that's where I met Zoe from my previous posts on here.

 

And, I have to say, no matter your opinion on her (people did tend to either adore her or despise her), if you ever heard her sing you could not deny that she was (and most likely still is) extraordinary.

There's something irresistible about a girl who can really sing...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

Man, that was random! Where did that come from :D

 

Do you really think kids are getting more complicated? And kids were experimenting with sex 20 years ago too... I'd say if any, kids are actually more prude than their parents. Sexual revolution and all.

If you think kids are getting more promiscuous, that's probably because everybody talks **** about everybody on the internet.

 

God, I know I am. I lost my virginity when I was 16, I'm now 23 and still with the same girl... We've been living together for about 4 years now.

I've been able to maintain this relationship longer than my mother and sister have been able to maintain a relationship, ever...

16 is more than legal, and perfectly normal, as long as all parties involved are under 18. I don't know about where you are but here the age of consent is 14. So by underage, I mean like 12... or even younger. I heard about how a teacher caught two girls, one in 5th grade and one in 7th grade I think, in a joint effort orally stimulating a guy... at school.

post #926 of 1393
Thread Starter 

Cripes, at 12 years old I was still afraid of girls... sex wasn't even on the drawing board.

post #927 of 1393
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

16 is more than legal, and perfectly normal, as long as all parties involved are under 18. I don't know about where you are but here the age of consent is 14. So by underage, I mean like 12... or even younger. I heard about how a teacher caught two girls, one in 5th grade and one in 7th grade I think, in a joint effort orally stimulating a guy... at school.

 

The age of consent was raised to 16 a few years ago actually. With exceptions... http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/clp/faq.html

post #928 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

There's something irresistible about a girl who can really sing...

 

16 is more than legal, and perfectly normal, as long as all parties involved are under 18. I don't know about where you are but here the age of consent is 14. So by underage, I mean like 12... or even younger. I heard about how a teacher caught two girls, one in 5th grade and one in 7th grade I think, in a joint effort orally stimulating a guy... at school.

Oh yes I know, I was calling myself a prude. I know quite some 'elderly' people that lost their virginity at age of 13. They were teenagers in the 70s and 80s.

 

People from all ages have been saying exactly what you are saying now! I would like to see some solid statistics on this though, but it's probably pretty hard to acquire those :o

post #929 of 1393

I don't doubt that those kind of statistics would be hard to come by, and I suspect that even if surveys were taken after the fact that people wouldn't always be truthful. It's a touchy subject all around, not least of which because, depending on where you live, if you get it wrong you get stuck on a schiit list for the rest of your life.

post #930 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

There's something irresistible about a girl who can really sing...

16 is more than legal, and perfectly normal, as long as all parties involved are under 18. I don't know about where you are but here the age of consent is 14. So by underage, I mean like 12... or even younger. I heard about how a teacher caught two girls, one in 5th grade and one in 7th grade I think, in a joint effort orally stimulating a guy... at school.
Where I live it's 16 or 18. 14 just sounds too young ...and that's scary at your school lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home