New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 59

post #871 of 1328
Thanks Nusho

That was great what you wrote. I read it all.

I also talked to one of her best friends, she said that she goes all girlish when talking about me, and me coming to England was the best part of her year. We have both agreed there definitely are feelings, but need to talk things over.

Anyway, off for job interview, wish me luck smily_headphones1.gif (cabin crew for easy jet)
Hopefully see my friend tomorrow
post #872 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Ok, this isn't a bad date story. Just a story.

I have a friend who I've know for 9/10 years now. Around 7 and a half years ago I moved to Portugal from England and left my friends behind. I used to visit every year, and when my friend was a little older, around 15, curiosity kicked in and she was ready to experiment.
She asked me about if I would be up for being with her, but as friends, no feelings attached. Because she trusts me.
That was fine, and when I went on holiday the next time, things happened between us but just as friends.

This went on for around 2 years, counting I was only in England for 2 weeks each year so not much time together, but it was great fun.

Now I've just moved back to England, and we met up as usual. This time though, as soon as we were together there was nothing holding us back. But it was different, it was nbetter, much better, not just mindless sex...

So now we need to talk, I've already said we need to talk, and she knows why but seems cool with it, because we both know that feelings have developed.

We've known each other for a long time, we know each other well, I get along really well with her mum. And I think it may be ok.

But if anything went wrong, I'm afraid of loosing her as a friend. She's amazing and I really enjoy being with her, we always have a laugh.

Any tips to make this work guys?

Sorry for the not bad date story.

post #873 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Thanks Nusho

That was great what you wrote. I read it all.

I also talked to one of her best friends, she said that she goes all girlish when talking about me, and me coming to England was the best part of her year. We have both agreed there definitely are feelings, but need to talk things over.

Anyway, off for job interview, wish me luck smily_headphones1.gif (cabin crew for easy jet)
Hopefully see my friend tomorrow

Good luck at the job interview!

ANd tell us if things go well with your friend :)

post #874 of 1328
Interview went well I think. Now to wait and see.

Will update about me and my friend
post #875 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Interview went well I think. Now to wait and see.

Will update about me and my friend

AHH where did you interview?

post #876 of 1328
Luton airport.
Easyjet people were really friendly, didn't put you under any pressure. Now let's wait and see if I get the job as cabin crew.
post #877 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Luton airport.
Easyjet people were really friendly, didn't put you under any pressure. Now let's wait and see if I get the job as cabin crew.

How do you apply for being in a cabin crew? Are there preliminary degree or collegiate requirements? Or do you just walk in, and if you get the job, you are put through training. Or does the training come before the job.

This is just for my curiosity :)

post #878 of 1328
Just go on the easyjet website, at the bottom go to the careers section and see if there are any available.
No degree or anything needed, you fill in some basic information, then you have to do an online assessment.
If you successfully pass both those, you'll be asked to go to an assessment day. You do activities in the morning to see if you can work well as a team, then some people go home at lunch time.
The people that stay are then through to the interview, you have a presentation about the salary then a 1-1 interview.
I had the interview Friday, they told me Monday morning I was successful. I am now waiting for a start date of the training. After successfully completing training you are then flying.

Also things with my friend are going fine so far biggrin.gif
post #879 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Just go on the easyjet website, at the bottom go to the careers section and see if there are any available.
No degree or anything needed, you fill in some basic information, then you have to do an online assessment.
If you successfully pass both those, you'll be asked to go to an assessment day. You do activities in the morning to see if you can work well as a team, then some people go home at lunch time.
The people that stay are then through to the interview, you have a presentation about the salary then a 1-1 interview.
I had the interview Friday, they told me Monday morning I was successful. I am now waiting for a start date of the training. After successfully completing training you are then flying.

Also things with my friend are going fine so far biggrin.gif

Well that's all pretty awesome.

Congrats on the successful interview! Do they pay you during training :)

post #880 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Thanks Nusho

That was great what you wrote. I read it all.

I also talked to one of her best friends, she said that she goes all girlish when talking about me, and me coming to England was the best part of her year. We have both agreed there definitely are feelings, but need to talk things over.

Anyway, off for job interview, wish me luck smily_headphones1.gif (cabin crew for easy jet)
Hopefully see my friend tomorrow
Wah, that's really great news! I wish you two the best of luck for each other. smily_headphones1.gif

I wish I had a story like that. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 11/1/13 at 11:27pm
post #881 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

I also talked to one of her best friends, she said that she goes all girlish when talking about me, and me coming to England was the best part of her year. We have both agreed there definitely are feelings, but need to talk things over.

I thought this was a worst dates thread :deadhorse:

 

Seriously though that's a really sweet story :) I wish you all the luck with her!

post #882 of 1328
Worst date ever................does my first one with my ex-wife count?
post #883 of 1328
We want to hear them all!
post #884 of 1328
Yes, we need more bad stories.

Me and my friend talked, and we're seeing how it goes for a bit before going official. So we're sort of in a relationship just to see if it will work. If it goes well we will go official. So far, so good.
Edited by ostewart - 11/2/13 at 11:37am
post #885 of 1328

More a rotten memory than a worst date:  

 

I had tickets to see Pink Floyd on the "Animals" tour (the one with the big inflated pig).  The tickets were hard to come by.  My girlfriend, at that time, and my sister and her boyfriend were set to go to the show.  A few days before the show I came down with Mono, including a full body rash so I looked like I had Measles.  My girlfriend who was supposed to go with me to the show broke up with me in the meantime, so I gave my sister my extra tickets. 

 

My sister then gave my tickets to the girl I was supposed to go to the concert with and her new boyfriend (they already were dating behind my back).  They all went together and had a good time.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home