New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 45

post #661 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

I'll take this to PM, with you.

 

Thank you !

post #662 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

 

Clearly you're into the wrong type of girl :rolleyes:

 

I like to look at this differently. Hez quite lucky that those who are in need of assistance are attracted to him because that means he has more chances to improve the lives of those around him. But yea it is interesting how most of the girls he has dated have been into him. Im just wondering if its him thats attractive is he attracted to these girls.

Btw who is the girl in your profile picture? She is very pretty,

post #663 of 1268

I think a huge problem comes when people realize that not only are they attracted to others but others can be attracted to them. Truly, we form expectations of how society should view our beauty and what we should get out of it. But the beauty of love and appreciation lies in its ability to surprise; to provide enjoyment outside of the realm of expectations. Another problem that this has bred is that of an individualistic notion of love. Where we are only happy when the love we experience goes both ways. In other words, we only feel happy when we are with the person we love, not when the person we love is happy. But has anyone thought that true love is when you are willing to sacrifice everything, including your relationship, to make another happy? I think that its only when we get to this selflessness in our relationships, that the true power and beauty of appreciation and loving others can really change things, because otherwise love becomes an excuse to protect, to hurt, to ostracize others, and to discriminate. 

When i ask for selfless love, i mean that sacrifice is as much a part of love as happiness is, and when we get to the point where we can sacrifice the entire relationship with someone for their happiness and well being, then we can experience true comfort and joy and live contently.

post #664 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusho View Post
 

I think a huge problem comes when people realize that not only are they attracted to others but others can be attracted to them. Truly, we form expectations of how society should view our beauty and what we should get out of it. But the beauty of love and appreciation lies in its ability to surprise; to provide enjoyment outside of the realm of expectations. Another problem that this has bred is that of an individualistic notion of love. Where we are only happy when the love we experience goes both ways. In other words, we only feel happy when we are with the person we love, not when the person we love is happy. But has anyone thought that true love is when you are willing to sacrifice everything, including your relationship, to make another happy? I think that its only when we get to this selflessness in our relationships, that the true power and beauty of appreciation and loving others can really change things, because otherwise love becomes an excuse to protect, to hurt, to ostracize others, and to discriminate. 

When i ask for selfless love, i mean that sacrifice is as much a part of love as happiness is, and when we get to the point where we can sacrifice the entire relationship with someone for their happiness and well being, then we can experience true comfort and joy and live contently.

 

Very well stated , indeed !

 

I've said the same philosophy, though in other words ...

 

"I spared the good woman a divorce" , I must have loved her so, to let her go  ;')

post #665 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen View Post
 

 

Very well stated , indeed !

 

I've said the same philosophy, though in other words ...

 

"I spared the good woman a divorce" , I must have loved her so, to let her go  ;')

 

precisely my friend. Letting someone go even if you love them is not a reason to suffer, especially if you know that she will be happier with someone else. This is what true love is. The ability to sacrifice everything, to let all individual desires go, and truly embrace and work for another's happiness and life. 

LOL thats quite amusing "I spared the good woman a divorce"

post #666 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Okay... So if any of you are ever thinking about it, don't cut yourself, ever! I tried it the other day and yes it felt good, but strongly addicting, so I'm making sure I don't do it anymore... Also, proof: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I cut myself the other day. :(

 

what lead you to cut yourself? I always thought that what is sad is not the fact that people cut, but rather that society is ok with putting them in conditions in which people resort to cutting themselves. But you seem to have done it voluntarily, upon a whim or notion.

post #667 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

Once upon a time, there was an office party. My friend was very drunk and a girl at the party was also completely drunk. He was having a good time and putting a good show of drunkness for everyone (Dancing, Cracking jokes, etc.) I am sitting next to my friend and then the girl just comes in between pushes me out of the couch and sits next to my friend. He is holding his hand and whispering something in his ear during the entire party. After sometime, the girl gets up and says to the guy " I have to leave now". The guy just sits there and keeps drinking. After the girl leaves, I tell my friend. "Dude, she was all over you? Didn't you always want a casual one night stand"

 

My friend is flabbergasted, because he never realized that the girl was in fact hitting on him. He jumps up and runs out of the room. Next day, he calls me and tells me that after going out of the room, he called the girl and asked her to get off, wherever she was at that time. He caught a taxi, met a girl and then asked her if she wanted to comeback to his place. The girl tells him, she is not that type of a girl(even though she gets down in middle of no where when he calls her) and instead asks him to drop her at her house(where she lives with her parents).

 

Nothing happens for one year and then there is another office party. This time, my friend is sober and the girl is sober as well. She decides to leave, without telling anyone and calls him and tells him that she is waiting outside. I see him suddenly, running out and stop him. He tells me, excited that the girl called and she is waiting outside. He goes outside and they get into a taxi and he asks her " What now? My place." She says, no and ask him to drop at her cousins place. My friend calls me next day, completely mad and angry, feeling stupid.

 

A few months later, the girl is out on a trip with her GF's and calls my friend drunk and tells him he likes her. He tells her, that should go to sleep because she is drunk.

One week later, the girl shows up at the guys house unannounced. He tells her that he is not really interested in a relationship, and would not mind having a physical relationship.

The girl says, she is conservative and would only have sex with a guy who would promises marriage. The guy, respectfully declines and the girl leaves.

Incidentally, the guy lives alone in a place which is in the outskirts and not easily accessible. The girl has to catch two  bus and walk for about two miles to come to his house.

Now, every week on a Saturday morning, the girl shows up at his house. They just watch few movies, hangout and the girl leaves. They start texting regularly. The guy is hopeful about getting laid and tells me whatever is happening on a regular basis.

After a few weeks, when the girl comes, the girl becomes too cozy and they make out, but do not have sex because the girl says she is not ready. The guy tells her that he does not really have any feelings for her and if she feels like she is falling for him. She should stop coming to his house. The girl tells him, that she is totally cool.

This happens one more time and this time, while leaving the girl starts crying. The guy, tells her not to come to his house and stops texting or talking on phone.

The girl goes totally psycho and comes crying to his house one more time and tells him he should marry her. The guy is taken by surprise and consoles her and asks her to think about things.

One month passes and one day, early morning the guy is sleeping at his house and there is a knock on door. He opens and finds two old men and a old woman along with the same girl. They are from a woman's empowerment organization and as soon as he opens the door, they start shouting and screaming. The girl tells them that he forcefully, asked her to come to his house. Locked the door and tried to misbehave with her. The guy is flabbergasted. He then, gives me a call and I go with my another friend and try to explain them the situation. Eventually it cools down and four months later the girl is married to some other guy and my friend is still trying to figure out, what was it exactly that he did wrong.

 

Maybe she just needed some sex to calm her down. Hey, shez married! So she must be fine now.

But wow creepy story. But from her perspective maybe she really did like him but felt like she couldnt handle being with him without having something intense between them, and thus decided to do away with him all together as a "kick in the face" to her emotions sort of thing. Surprisingly, ive noticed that two things help one get over those one loves very easily. One is doing contradictory actions to your emotions ("kick in the face") and then distancing yourself from memories (putting away photos, deleting emails) until they become too hazy to emotionally revel and confide in.

post #668 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

This thread has become very strangely arousing. And it was about dating (before). So something's got to give.

 

I suspect it may have been the Archie, Veronica and Betty photo. Too risque for public eyes, perhaps?

 

 

Speaking of big black furries, our neighbours took their cat on a date with another cat, a few days ago....might have been one of the strangest things I've seen. Not arousing at all.

 

Wonder if they used eharmony...

 

funny how the cats get no say in who they "date." Assuming cats can be sexually aroused to the point where they have feelings of mutual love, it seems like their owners were just forcing love upon the cats. Or maybe that was an "Excuse" for them to date. Still, really? Amusing story

post #669 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakensaur View Post
 

This story isn't even bad or even touch the surface compared to some of what I've seen in here. but i was once with a friend when i was about 15 or so.. and we were just walking and he ran into one of his school friends (we were good friends but Didn't go to the same school)

his friend happened to be a rather cute lady.. anyway so it turned out we were headed in the same direction so all 3 of us walked together, me and this lady got on rather well. she found me funny (or at least pretended to ;) )

 

Anyways so i didn't really think too much of it. The time came for us to part and we did so. She went home and me and my friend carried on to his home. later that evening my friend received a text saying something along the lines of "oh I'm going to place X this weekend. Do you want to come? oh.. you can bring your friend too" we both agreed/ went out/had a nice time/exchanged numbers this time.

 

We got talking.. eventually i asked her out.

 

So we went on this date and it was actually really good. everything went swimmingly. At one point we were just talking, and I've no idea how it got onto this topic, but i mentioned i was an atheist and thought nothing of it, but from that point.. she just seemed to turn off. and decided we shouldn't go on a second date after that. 

 

I was left behind because I wasn't religious! :o

 

----don't read on for irritatingly happy ending in a bad dates thread.

Warning: Happy ending! (Click to show)

The story ends (fairly well) because we remained friends.. got to know each other really well... and by accident discovered how compatible we were. i never really stopped liking her... we went out a lot.. just us two. I was her tutor for science exams etc. and about two years after the above event we ended up discussing such a prospect of seeing each other again. in the years passed she too had started to abandon religion.. and we got together on new years eve 2011 and have been together since.

 
once again i apologize for a happy ending.

 

 

Love even surpasses religion ....I guess the love for humanity is a stronger force than the love for God. Probably because we can prove and live and see the effects of the former, and the latter is a wee bit more hypothetical (to put in nicely).

post #670 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

She was a fan, not a stalker Armaegis;-)

 

In our world, the distinction is kinda (*ahem* i mean very) blurred. 

post #671 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post
 

Is it me or do Head-Fiers all share the same type of great humour?

 

We are joking about relationships. Its always humorous :)

post #672 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusho View Post
 

I like to look at this differently. Hez quite lucky that those who are in need of assistance are attracted to him because that means he has more chances to improve the lives of those around him. But yea it is interesting how most of the girls he has dated have been into him. Im just wondering if its him thats attractive is he attracted to these girls.

Btw who is the girl in your profile picture? She is very pretty,

At one point I wanted to be a psychologist because I wanted to help people. However, dating is a different story, and wanting to help someone vs. loving them romantically should be kept separate, as I learned the hard way. It's a bad idea to date people who need psychological help. And of course look at all the women who date losers and try to "fix" them but end up failing miserably. Sometimes they are just beyond help and they can screw up your life.

 

The girl in my pic is Nina Dobrev by the way.

post #673 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

At one point I wanted to be a psychologist because I wanted to help people. However, dating is a different story, and wanting to help someone vs. loving them romantically should be kept separate, as I learned the hard way. It's a bad idea to date people who need psychological help. And of course look at all the women who date losers and try to "fix" them but end up failing miserably. Sometimes they are just beyond help and they can screw up your life.

 

The girl in my pic is Nina Dobrev by the way.

 

Interesting way of looking at it. But dating someone who does -- well maybe dating is a bad idea. But you should definately stay friends. Like ive learned that the friends that i have gotten closest to are the ones in need of psychological help because it establishes depth to our relationship, which builds trust and can later be expanded on. So I agree that dating those who need help may not be optimal, but helping those who need it can lead to dating. Im not a fan of dating people without really getting to know them first, and although it may seem very picky, it makes the experience a whole lot more worthwhile. 

 

I disagree when u say they are beyond help and how this can lead to screwing up your life. Life is full of screwups, but these mainly become experiences that teach you more about how to interact with people and choose who to bond with or not. 

 

But yea you should never date others to "fix" them up; a romantic commitment means that you both find each other ideal and are willing to establish something more beyond a friendship -- or else your best date would probably be your psychologist lol.

 

But you say "you learned the hard way." What happened?

post #674 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

 

The girl in my pic is Nina Dobrev by the way.

 

I would date her, but my wife would kick my butt.

post #675 of 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

 

The girl in my pic is Nina Dobrev by the way.

 

And she is a beauty!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home