New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 30

post #436 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


my family doesn't really like me and I only have one real good friend... :/

One real good friend is enough reason to stick around.smile.gif

post #437 of 1393
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

my family doesn't really like me and I only have one real good friend... :/

 

Your family doesn't like you because you're still a teenager, welcome to the club, been there, done that. wink.gif

 

Think about all the friends you'll have later in life, their lives will have been a little emptier without you.

post #438 of 1393
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

One real good friend is enough reason to stick around.smile.gif

 

Indeed it is.

post #439 of 1393

When you're depressed, you don't always look at the big picture, as you're caught up in the immediate context of your life.

 

As you get older, and have survived more of life's battles you realise there's more to life than what's in front of you.

post #440 of 1393

I've always felt Head-fi was a more homely, accepting forum than others.. but only now have i been proved utterly right.

everyone here is with you gpg and the TMAC community is too. hold strong bro .

post #441 of 1393
Thank you everybody for the kind words! <3 It's not just her why I'm all depressed and shizz, and I feel if sometrhing really bad happened it might just be too much at the moment. Once I start to get ahold of my life than I could take it if something bad happened, it might end up being just a tad too much. frown.gif It'd just make me really irrational and depressed too much. :‘(
post #442 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Thank you everybody for the kind words! <3 It's not just her why I'm all depressed and shizz, and I feel if sometrhing really bad happened it might just be too much at the moment. Once I start to get ahold of my life than I could take it if something bad happened, it might end up being just a tad too much. frown.gif It'd just make me really irrational and depressed too much. :‘(

Depressions are caused by a chemical imbalance http://psychcentral.com/news/2006/11/09/depressions-chemical-imbalance-explained/398.html.

I'm not saying your life isn't hard, but understanding the reason for the pain is very helpful for me! Just know, that it Can be cured, and this is not a feeling you need  to have for the rest of your life. I suggest you find professional help, they will be able to help you out and fix this imbalance. Maybe you don't need drugs, maybe you just need a friend and a good night's sleep.

 

Another thing, do you sleep enough? Sleep deprivement can cause many psychological disorders, never forget to sleep enough friend!

post #443 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Depressions are caused by a chemical imbalance http://psychcentral.com/news/2006/11/09/depressions-chemical-imbalance-explained/398.html
.
I'm not saying your life isn't hard, but understanding the reason for the pain is very helpful for me! Just know, that it Can be cured, and this is not a feeling you need  to have for the rest of your life. I suggest you find professional help, they will be able to help you out and fix this imbalance. Maybe you don't need drugs, maybe you just need a friend and a good night's sleep.

Another thing, do you sleep enough? Sleep deprivement can cause many psychological disorders, never forget to sleep enough friend!
My parents don't understand depression at all, so therapy isn't an option and my sleep is horrible do the stress and depression. frown.gif
post #444 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


My parents don't understand depression at all, so therapy isn't an option and my sleep is horrible do the stress and depression. frown.gif

Well, it is possible to take action on your own. Seek help somewhere, go to a social worker or something. They will help you.

post #445 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Well, it is possible to take action on your own. Seek help somewhere, go to a social worker or something. They will help you.
I'd bring it up at school, but I'm not 18 so they're entitled to talk to my parents about it. :/
post #446 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


I'd bring it up at school, but I'm not 18 so they're entitled to talk to my parents about it. :/

What would they tell your parents, that you asked for help because you are depressed? :p

Social workers are mostly pretty cool, they probably wouldn't tell your parents if you asked them.

post #447 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

What would they tell your parents, that you asked for help because you are depressed? tongue.gif
Social workers are mostly pretty cool, they probably wouldn't tell your parents if you asked them.
Gotcha, but there's some stuff that cant be spoken until I turn 18 that's really stressful... :/ I start Monday, probably best anyways so I don't beat up some ****** bag because of stress anyways... :/
post #448 of 1393
Thread Starter 

It wasn't 18 for me, but 21-22 was one of my lowest points. It was the end of undergrad, I had just broken up with my first girlfriend (3+ years), life was changing, I was fat, I had no friends, I was alone. I was depressed. I moped for a while until I finally realized that it was only me holding myself back. I had to wake up and kick myself in the ass. It took me an incredibly long time to actually figure that out. Saying it is one thing, but doing is another. Self awareness can't come from strangers on the internet. It takes hitting your head on a wall for a long time to make sense of things.

 

That was one of the hardest but best years of my life. I dropped 50 pounds, I made friends, I joined social groups, I learned to dance. I transformed myself and became a better person. I became a leader. Now I'm not saying to let go of the things that make you who you are now, but dig deep and express the parts that you've been afraid to let out. Think of them like the sad voices inside, but they're only sad because they haven't been heard. Express your mind, express your body, and live the hell out of life.

 

Now, it won't be all unicorns and poopin' rainbows from here. Your best and worst years are still ahead of you. There will be times of joy that will make you weep. Revel in it. There will be times that will stomp you on the curb. Learn from them, flip 'em the bird, keep calm and carry on. Being depressed is passive and lazy, and accomplishes nothing.

 

Accomplish something. Anything. Take pride in it. Be humble. Be strong. If you don't know what to do, be good to others and go from there.

 

Live to inspire, until you believe in yourself. Then, don't stop.


Edited by Armaegis - 8/24/13 at 2:28pm
post #449 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

It wasn't 18 for me, but 21-22 was one of my lowest points. It was the end of undergrad, I had just broken up with my first girlfriend (3+ years), life was changing, I was fat, I had no friends, I was alone. I was depressed. I moped for a while until I finally realized that it was only me holding myself back. I had to wake up and kick myself in the ass. It took me an incredibly long time to actually figure that out. Saying it is one thing, but doing is another. Self awareness can't come from strangers on the internet. It takes hitting your head on a wall for a long time to make sense of things.

That was one of the hardest but best years of my life. I dropped 50 pounds, I made friends, I joined social groups, I learned to dance. I transformed myself and became a better person. I became a leader. Now I'm not saying to let go of the things that make you who you are now, but dig deep and express the parts that you've been afraid to let out. Think of them like the sad voices inside, but they're only sad because they haven't been heard. Express your mind, express your body, and live the hell out of life.

Now, it won't be all unicorns and poopin' rainbows from here. Your best and worst years are still ahead of you. There will be times of joy that will make you weep. Revel in it. There will be times that will stomp you on the curb. Learn from them, flip 'em the bird, keep calm and carry on. Being depressed is passive and lazy, and accomplishes nothing.

Accomplish something. Anything. Take pride in it. Be humble. Be strong. If you don't know what to do, be good to others and go from there.

Live to inspire, until you believe in yourself. Then, don't stop.
It's not like I try to be all depressed, but try to be happy and good to be around, and I tell everybody everything, no matter how deep or bad it is, but honestly all I live for is to make the people I love happy, but she's the only person who I love and can talk to about anything, I have friends, tons of them, but only 1 other that I truly care about. My family has deserted me, and I try to have fun but it's impossible to do without being around her or my friend. I can be drifting 50 down a hill in a four Wheeler or doing Parkour, but really, it's just not funner anything without them. :/
post #450 of 1393
Thread Starter 

Then it's time to do some soul searching and find something that is self-fulfilling.

 

There's that slippery slope in doing for others where you've taken yourself so far out of the equation that you are no longer a factor. Don't let that become a crutch.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home