New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 23

post #331 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

A friend accidentally did that with a powerful V8 way back at 60mph and the engine ripped itself off its mounts, as well as everything else being torn up, but those stories are for another time.   I still need to sit down and write up that horror work trip story, the one with lots of alcohol and sex, but none involving me.


Thing of it when I was travelling and known to have a drink or two, after leaving the site, by the time I ate and had a beer I was cooked no sex interest at all. A colleauge who bore a remarkable resemblance to a young Mariel Hemmingway used to attest to that as we spent an evening once in my hotel bed doing nothing but drinking hot Sake.

 

There it is kids, proof positive, alcohol makes you STOOOPID. And very tiredfrown.gif

post #332 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Thing of it when I was travelling and known to have a drink or two, after leaving the site, by the time I ate and had a beer I was cooked no sex interest at all. A colleauge who bore a remarkable resemblance to a young Mariel Hemmingway used to attest to that as we spent an evening once in my hotel bed doing nothing but drinking hot Sake.

 

There it is kids, proof positive, alcohol makes you STOOOPID. And very tiredfrown.gif

My last date story 2nd's that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

A friend accidentally did that with a powerful V8 way back at 60mph and the engine ripped itself off its mounts, as well as everything else being torn up, but those stories are for another time.   I still need to sit down and write up that horror work trip story, the one with lots of alcohol and sex, but none involving me.

That's a story that needs to be told!

post #333 of 1393
Thread Starter 

This one time I was out on a date when my phone rang. It'd normally be really rude to answer the phone, but it was from my roommate and he wouldn't be calling unless it was important. So I apologized profusely and took the call. It turns out our third roommate had just downed two bottles of vodka and locked himself in the bathroom, crying and screaming about suicide. Well #&*%... so now I'm trying to explain this and not make it look like some lame excuse to ditch the date, but really trying to hurry so I can get home before something bad happens. 

 

Yeah, so awkwardness all around. She did believe me though, so there's that. 

 

My friend is alright, mostly. I had to babysit him over the next three days while he sobered up (and managed to sneak in a third bottle in there). It was... a really ugly situation. 

post #334 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

This one time I was out on a date when my phone rang. It'd normally be really rude to answer the phone, but it was from my roommate and he wouldn't be calling unless it was important. So I apologized profusely and took the call. It turns out our third roommate had just downed two bottles of vodka and locked himself in the bathroom, crying and screaming about suicide. Well #&*%... so now I'm trying to explain this and not make it look like some lame excuse to ditch the date, but really trying to hurry so I can get home before something bad happens. 

 

Yeah, so awkwardness all around. She did believe me though, so there's that. 

 

My friend is alright, mostly. I had to babysit him over the next three days while he sobered up (and managed to sneak in a third bottle in there). It was... a really ugly situation. 

Yes, you brought the Worst Date thread back to lifebeerchug.gif

post #335 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

My friend is alright, mostly. I had to babysit him over the next three days while he sobered up (and managed to sneak in a third bottle in there). It was... a really ugly situation. 

Damn, sorry, the experience must have been draining. I've had to deal with similar situations and now I'm more predisposed to call in the professionals when something like that happens. It may ruin the immediate relationship but it's often better in the long run.

post #336 of 1393
Thread Starter 

We did call in the professionals... they were very unprofessional. Long story short, alcoholism has destroyed my friend's life and after that recent episode we tried to get him involuntarily committed (meaning you can't check yourself out). I had his mother there and we called the police to help get him out of my house and take him to the hospital. BUT, because they can't admit anyone when they're drunk, they tossed him in the drunk tank instead. So he sobers up in the drunk tank, no one checks the notes, and they let him out instead of putting him in the ward. So somehow he makes it back to my house, downs yet another bottle, and we repeat the whole charade again until I finally have no choice but to boot him out because he's starting to become a danger to the rest of us in the house. And this was one of my best friends from my childhood frown.gif

 

Aaaaanyways, someone please post a more amusing worst date story. Mine are a drag... 

post #337 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Yes, you brought the Worst Date thread back to lifebeerchug.gif

 

You read my mind!!! biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

post #338 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

We did call in the professionals... they were very unprofessional. Long story short, alcoholism has destroyed my friend's life and after that recent episode we tried to get him involuntarily committed (meaning you can't check yourself out). I had his mother there and we called the police to help get him out of my house and take him to the hospital. BUT, because they can't admit anyone when they're drunk, they tossed him in the drunk tank instead. So he sobers up in the drunk tank, no one checks the notes, and they let him out instead of putting him in the ward. So somehow he makes it back to my house, downs yet another bottle, and we repeat the whole charade again until I finally have no choice but to boot him out because he's starting to become a danger to the rest of us in the house. And this was one of my best friends from my childhood frown.gif

 

Aaaaanyways, someone please post a more amusing worst date story. Mine are a drag... 

 

 

Having worked for a number of years, with both the homeless community and (seperately) with adults with mental health issues (and there is a considerable overlap between the two demographics), I understand very well what it's like to be in the situation you found yourself in. You have my sympathy.

post #339 of 1393
Not really a date story, but I once made the mistake of becoming too well "aquainted" with a psycho whose hobby was stalking people online, and she was considering becoming a private eye to legitimize her stalking. You'd think I'd take that as a warning to stay away, but nope, I was an idiot and stuck around. Several other odd signs appeared along the way but it all culminated in her telling me about the various psychological issues she had, including some unusual compulsive disorders, and her completely freaking out when I reacted with surprise and didn't recall that she had (apparently) already told me before. (You'd think that I'd remember something like that if she did.) She pretty much had a breakdown, calling me a self-obsessed psychopath for only caring about myself and not remembering what other people tell me. (For the record, I think I have a pretty good memory for things people say.) Then she started going around to every girl that I had the remotest possibility of being interested in and telling them that *I* was a psycho, stalker, pedophile, etc. So essentially she tried to ruin my life and prevent me from getting with any other girl.
post #340 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

Not really a date story, but I once made the mistake of becoming too well "aquainted" with a psycho whose hobby was stalking people online, and she was considering becoming a private eye to legitimize her stalking. You'd think I'd take that as a warning to stay away, but nope, I was an idiot and stuck around. Several other odd signs appeared along the way but it all culminated in her telling me about the various psychological issues she had, including some unusual compulsive disorders, and her completely freaking out when I reacted with surprise and didn't recall that she had (apparently) already told me before. (You'd think that I'd remember something like that if she did.) She pretty much had a breakdown, calling me a self-obsessed psychopath for only caring about myself and not remembering what other people tell me. (For the record, I think I have a pretty good memory for things people say.) Then she started going around to every girl that I had the remotest possibility of being interested in and telling them that *I* was a psycho, stalker, pedophile, etc. So essentially she tried to ruin my life and prevent me from getting with any other girl.

 

Sounds like my kind o' girl! - may I have her phone number? wink_face.gif

post #341 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

Not really a date story, but I once made the mistake of becoming too well "aquainted" with a psycho whose hobby was stalking people online, and she was considering becoming a private eye to legitimize her stalking. You'd think I'd take that as a warning to stay away, but nope, I was an idiot and stuck around. Several other odd signs appeared along the way but it all culminated in her telling me about the various psychological issues she had, including some unusual compulsive disorders, and her completely freaking out when I reacted with surprise and didn't recall that she had (apparently) already told me before. (You'd think that I'd remember something like that if she did.) She pretty much had a breakdown, calling me a self-obsessed psychopath for only caring about myself and not remembering what other people tell me. (For the record, I think I have a pretty good memory for things people say.) Then she started going around to every girl that I had the remotest possibility of being interested in and telling them that *I* was a psycho, stalker, pedophile, etc. So essentially she tried to ruin my life and prevent me from getting with any other girl.

Man I want more detail.  What are those unusual compulsive disorders all about. popcorn.gif

post #342 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Man I want more detail.  What are those unusual compulsive disorders all about. popcorn.gif

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania
post #343 of 1393
Thread Starter 

A few years ago, I met this girl that I thought was pretty cool. Good positive attitude, cute, and personality wise we seemed to strike it off well. In my head I was thinking that this would totally be a gal I'd like to ask out. The problem? I was interviewing her for a job at the time confused_face(1).gif

post #344 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

A few years ago, I met this girl that I thought was pretty cool. Good positive attitude, cute, and personality wise we seemed to strike it off well. In my head I was thinking that this would totally be a gal I'd like to ask out. The problem? I was interviewing her for a job at the time confused_face(1).gif

Haha I like this.

That's every story I have except it ends with:
Then I say "and this is my gf..."
Edited by vwinter - 7/17/13 at 11:28am
post #345 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

A few years ago, I met this girl that I thought was pretty cool. Good positive attitude, cute, and personality wise we seemed to strike it off well. In my head I was thinking that this would totally be a gal I'd like to ask out. The problem? I was interviewing her for a job at the time confused_face(1).gif

 

lol I work in HR and used to be in recruitment so this happened to me all the time. This one time I called a cute girl to tell her that she got the job and started crying cuz she was so happy. I wanted to give her a hug over the phone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home