New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 84

post #1246 of 1393

Boy are you guys lucky I saw this first... better take this one to PM guys (for obvious reasons).  Also, obligatorily...

 

post #1247 of 1393

Warren, I might require your signature on my psychologist's form to prove I have been traumatized by what I happened to have read.

 

Armaegis:

 

Simply too bad she is still lingering around, if you could become a ghost socially with zero chance of running into her again it'd be different and easier slowly, but this is simply too much. You can't catch a break at all. You are definitely the better person though she seems to have zero guilt or recognition . pathetic.


Edited by nick n - 4/7/14 at 1:30am
post #1248 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

Warren, I might require your signature on my psychologist's form to prove I have been traumatized by what I happened to have read.

 

He'll never believe you otherwise... which would lead to an entirely different diagnosis.

post #1249 of 1393

I've been through the unexpected meeting thing before. About half a year after the fateful last date with Zoe, I spotted her in the local Meijer. I was just walking along, minding my own business, and suddenly she just walked past me. There were two forces within me: one that drew me to her, and one that was mortally terrified. The former seemed to be winning at first. I wandered in an aimlessly looping pattern, mind awash with fear and longing. I didn't have a definite plan, but I knew I wanted to intersect her and hope that she saw me. Somewhere near the frozen food I crossed paths with her again. It's cliche, but I was drawn to her like a moth to flame. I made it to within 15 feet. She had to have seen me. She acted like she hadn't noticed, though. Something snapped, I came to my senses, and I bolted. I hid in the automotive section for an hour until I figured she had left. In the mean time, I called a good friend for moral support. She might as well have been speaking in Swahili, though, for all the good it did. I was spooked, and it didn't really die down until I got the hell out of that place and started on my way home.

 

That was the last time I ever saw Zoe. Something she had said in the midst of trying to convince me I was worthless that one time stuck out. Something about how she wished that, in the future, she could meet me in the supermarket and be able to not say anything to me. Well, she got her wish, for what it's worth.

post #1250 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Boy are you guys lucky I saw this first... better take this one to PM guys (for obvious reasons).  Also, obligatorily...

No kidding, that was a little disturbing. blink.gif
post #1251 of 1393
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

I've been through the unexpected meeting thing before. About half a year after the fateful last date with Zoe, I spotted her in the local Meijer. I was just walking along, minding my own business, and suddenly she just walked past me. There were two forces within me: one that drew me to her, and one that was mortally terrified. The former seemed to be winning at first. I wandered in an aimlessly looping pattern, mind awash with fear and longing. I didn't have a definite plan, but I knew I wanted to intersect her and hope that she saw me. Somewhere near the frozen food I crossed paths with her again. It's cliche, but I was drawn to her like a moth to flame. I made it to within 15 feet. She had to have seen me. She acted like she hadn't noticed, though. Something snapped, I came to my senses, and I bolted. I hid in the automotive section for an hour until I figured she had left. In the mean time, I called a good friend for moral support. She might as well have been speaking in Swahili, though, for all the good it did. I was spooked, and it didn't really die down until I got the hell out of that place and started on my way home.

 

That was the last time I ever saw Zoe. Something she had said in the midst of trying to convince me I was worthless that one time stuck out. Something about how she wished that, in the future, she could meet me in the supermarket and be able to not say anything to me. Well, she got her wish, for what it's worth.

 

Oh I totally understand this. I've had a couple times where I've retreated to the car and sat in a parking lot for an hour because I couldn't stand to look at her. I froze, figuratively and literally. Really stupid, because then I can only sit there and stew in my own thoughts which makes things worse. But would being in the room and becoming more anxious be any better?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

 

Simply too bad she is still lingering around, if you could become a ghost socially with zero chance of running into her again it'd be different and easier slowly, but this is simply too much. You can't catch a break at all. You are definitely the better person though she seems to have zero guilt or recognition . pathetic.

 

The first few times I bumped into the ex after the breakup, it kept throwing me under a bus emotionally. My brain would flood back to all the things that she criticized about me, all the things that made me feel worthless, and I'd crumble. I'd literally feel sick, and all the progress I made to bring myself up over the past few weeks or months would come crashing down.

 

Even after I figured out that she had been cheating and all those things were just cruelties and ignorance on her part, I'd still crumble when I saw her. All that self-doubt would come rushing back in. I knew better, but the depression would hit me except now mixed with anger. And that sickness in my stomach was from both anxiety and rage. I could actually feel my heart beating faster as the adrenaline hit me. A friend of mine had to once calm me down as he said I looked ready to kill someone. I had clenched my fists so hard I actually took some skin off my hand.

 

It's been over two years now, but it shocks and saddens me how much it still knocks me for a loop when I see her. As soon as I see her it's like a pit opens in my stomach. I taste the bile in my throat and I'm frankly ashamed at how angry I still feel, and how disturbingly violent my thoughts become. A part of me knows the healthiest thing is to just move on, but another part of me screams for vengeance against the woman who broke me down and emotionally abused me and left me on a suicidal cliff. I want to scream at her, call her out on all the terrible things she laid on me and against my family. But that wouldn't do any good, and would only diminish the both of us and make me look petty and childish.

 

The anger comes in waves, and they're less frequent now, but when they hit it seems like sometimes they're becoming stronger. Or maybe it seems that way because they're less frequent.

 

The road to healing has been bumpy. Picking myself back up has been tough, and entering back into the dating game has been harder. The first girl I went on a date with afterwards, turns out she was cheating on her bf after they'd had a fight. Yeah, that made me feel real good about myself. Another one that I was interested in didn't return the feeling but I found out afterwards from a friend of hers that she strung me along for a few months because she wanted the attention until she snagged a new guy who was more her style.

post #1252 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

Boy are you guys lucky I saw this first... better take this one to PM guys (for obvious reasons).  Also, obligatorily...

 

 

 

Sorry, got a little too excited going down memory lane.

post #1253 of 1393
Thread Starter 

So so tempted to make an account called "memory lane" and post after that just for the pun...

post #1254 of 1393
All these stories makes me trying to keep myself safe... Like ehhh extremely safe from falling into all these D:

I have a classmate, who is forever, in search of a girlfriend! Once he got one, he search for the 2nd and third and so on and on. I over heard him the other day telling a friend why he did that and he said "so that I can choose! And if one of them dumb me, I still got others" I literally stop talking to him after that D: (my current "friend" is claimed to be the first victim last year)
post #1255 of 1393

Then of course, there is the story of the Jewish girl, a German mouse and a Cathedral in Cologne.

 

But we won't go there:)

post #1256 of 1393
I was really tempted to tell him that "you can have plenty of headphones, tons of amplifier, DAC and DAP. Various type of cables. You can have an audio rig that takes up one giant space at your house but at the end of the day, you should not do the same in relationship" but who would ever understand that except for audiophiles? Haha
post #1257 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

Ergh, but writing a book just makes me dredge it all up again and that's unhealthy.

 

So my ex actually showed up at an event tonight and it just killed my evening. At least it doesn't stress me out anymore, but I can taste the bile in my throat. If she came within spitting distance, I probably would.

 

At the end of the night people were congregating and planning to go out for food/drinks. I saw her hand go up when they were asking who was going, and I thought "whelp, I guess I'm not going"... which is stupid. Because why the hell am I letting her control my actions when I'm the furthest thing from her mind? I shouldn't. Yet here I am at home because I just can't stand to be in the same room. I'm so fracking damaged.

Writing about things that you're still emotional about can help you get over it, actually. Otherwise it just stays emotional forever. But when you write about it, you break it down and process it with your conscious rational brain, and it helps take some of the emotion out of it. Google "self authoring" for more info.

post #1258 of 1393
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

Writing about things that you're still emotional about can help you get over it, actually. Otherwise it just stays emotional forever. But when you write about it, you break it down and process it with your conscious rational brain, and it helps take some of the emotion out of it. Google "self authoring" for more info.

 

I have done some writing, and I have a blog that I ramble in every once in a while. Writing is cathartic sometimes, but I think this is just dredging up the same sludge over and over again. Writing alone isn't going to clean it up.

post #1259 of 1393
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 

Then of course, there is the story of the Jewish girl, a German mouse and a Cathedral in Cologne.

 

But we won't go there:)

 

For a second I thought you were referring to... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_American_Tail

post #1260 of 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

 

For a second I thought you were referring to... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_American_Tail


Going back a few years for that one, aren't you?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home