Originally Posted by Armaegis
Originally Posted by EuphonicArin
Hi guys, um, kind of don't want to spam or throw things off topic, but if anyof you guys feel like you just need a place to uh, release your anger, I made a thread by the name of the Mental Release Thread (redundtant I know), heres a link to it http://www.head-fi.org/t/708920/the-mental-release-thread
In any case I decided to try dating over the internet and it has sort of left me sad, so uh yeah heres a story about it
Ok, not trying to be a downer or anything, but let me put on my boring adult hat for a second...
- You're 15. Yeah life sucks. We've all been there, done that. Maybe you've had it a bit worse than others, maybe not.
- You've attributed so much of your problems to "I'm this way because ________________". Well ok, fine. You're smart enough to identify the cause. Now be smart enough to not let it be a crutch. Be something better than that.
- This thing with the girl unfolded over what... three days? a week? She "made you" fall head over heels for her? Again, "I'm _____ because of ________"
- You started off with a scheme. That never work. Ever. Not even in the movies.
- Talking "lovingly" to her... for real? Take a moment and consider how "serious" was this relationship.
- Did you come on too strong? Did you put all your eggs in one basket? Did you overwhelm her? Did you crush her underneath your loney desire to be needed and loved? Probably. Girls hate that. It's like gardening. A little bit goes a long way. A bit of water and fertilizer will keep things healthy and growing. Too much schiit will burn the ground and everything dies. Lesson learned. Move on.
- Consider this: You met a girl. You chatted up said girl. You successfully continued said conversation, managed to garble out some words resembling affection, and lord almight even received some in return and had terms of moderate endearment for each other and had a "date". Then it waned and you lost it. Well guess what, that's still 7 out of 8. At 87.5% that's practically an A+ in some gradebooks. Good job. You're way ahead of the curve against all the other schmoes.
So you failed to get the girl. Whoopdeefreekindodah. You're 15. You've got years of failure ahead of you, and no that's not a bad thing. Failure teaches you precisely all the stuff you need to know. You don't learn it by doing it right. And that's just on your end. Then there's all the girls (and boys) who will fail on their end too even when you get it right. Lots of them. That'll teach you what to stay away from. Sometimes. Unless you decide you like chasing that kind, in which case... well at least here's a place to share all the stories right?
, I just really wanted to contribute to the thread seeing as the only other stories that I could have told more or less never made it to the date, the girl would always just... but, that's besides the point, thanks for the feed back, and I'll make sure to try to fix myself, I mean I have no other way to continue on in my life, right?
Also to respond to your comments (however unnecessary that maybe) in order:
-Yup, 15's a piece of schiit age to be at (for some), while at the same time being excellent (once again, for some), unfortunately the type of stuff that has happened over the course of my previous 15 years is something not exactly worth retelling on a thread on the internet, nor not exactly something most of my mind would be "OK" to talk about through even PM
-You are correct about the whole using this whole mental thing as a crutch, as I've done it before (and that never didn't end well), but trust me when I say I've begun trying hard to conceal this mental sickness thing so much that even trying to think of using it as a crutch anymore would blow my cover to my parents...
-it was over the course of half a week, yeah I'm not going to be that trusting ever again
-Yup, should have learned from previous mistakes but, well I didn't, I'm just a bit dumb that way, lol
-Yes I came on way too strong, I had practically terrified her, but I've changed, a lot, since this happened (forgot to say this whole thing happened a whole month ago, and I just got back from doing a lot of work in school and on myself)
-Well I guess that is something to have come out of this, I got experience from quite a smart guy and I got positive reinforcement in the shape of a percentage to how semi successful I got from said smart guy