New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 76

post #1126 of 1350

Expect it to become deeper, but it can also split people up if the mood is not right. Just be cautious about the timing. Make sure you don't take it too seriously either, have fun, if something goes wrong (everyone stumbles and fumbles about their first time) laugh it off. If you are both mentally ready for it, then go for it. After the first time you may find it awkward, but it gets easier and more fun as you go on.

At the moment I have to be careful with my girlfriend as her mums room is next to hers, so we have to keep it quiet. But i stayed round for the first time the other night and it was fine, it takes time for her mum to adjust and accept her daughter is growing up.

post #1127 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Expect it to become deeper, but it can also split people up if the mood is not right. Just be cautious about the timing. Make sure you don't take it too seriously either, have fun, if something goes wrong (everyone stumbles and fumbles about their first time) laugh it off. If you are both mentally ready for it, then go for it. After the first time you may find it awkward, but it gets easier and more fun as you go on.
At the moment I have to be careful with my girlfriend as her mums room is next to hers, so we have to keep it quiet. But i stayed round for the first time the other night and it was fine, it takes time for her mum to adjust and accept her daughter is growing up.
okay, gotcha, thanks, we were okay with all the other stuff so it shouldn't be too awkward and if its the same mood with the interruptions it should be really nice. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1128 of 1350

(I'm surprised I haven't posted here; I've been subscribed since the beginning, but none of my stories are nearly as interesting as Armaegis'.)

 

I'm blanking on your age even though I'm pretty sure you stated it earlier here, but for some reason, 15/16 is sticking out, I hate to be that guy, but at that age (huh, that's kind of weird to say because I'm not that much older than you) I'd definitely give it a little more time before actually like...doing it. Even though you seem closer than most couples I know, it's definitely not something to underestimate. My first time freshman year of high school, with someone that I still consider the single most important friend I've ever had, led to some serious mental issues later on, and even now, four years later because at that age, it's harder to understand exactly how sex can screw with your mind if you go into it with a certain mindset. From experience, the mind interprets a significant difference between one night stands and relationship-bonding sex, and the latter obviously leads to a completely new level of closeness, which can be pretty scary. 

 

^^That was totally just rambling that probably doesn't make sense; I can rephrase that later if you want. I'm just procrastinating studying for a midterm so my mind is kind of frazzled.

 

I also feel kind of obligated to share a story, but the only one that's even relatively thread-worthy is this one:

So I went to an event with a friend, and when we got there, my friend met up with one of her friends. She introduced me to her friend and I kind of felt something click, and we spent most of the event talking to each other and she seemed really nice, so I offered to walk her back to her dorm. When we got back, her roommate and her friends were being especially loud, so she asked if I wanted to see a movie with her as an excuse to leave the room. I thought, "Awesome, she didn't think I was creepy!" We ended up watching a rom-com of some sort, which was a great time all around. After walking her back again, I definitely though I had a chance with her until in the middle of one of her stories, "...yeah my boyfriend..." 

 

Damn. 

 

But we're pretty good friends now so...it's really not a "worst date story" because, hey, at least I didn't do anything stupid.

post #1129 of 1350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
 I definitely though I had a chance with her until in the middle of one of her stories, "...yeah my boyfriend..." 

 

Well at least you found out before anything happened... :rolleyes: But ah, I guess that's how a lot of my stories went isn't it?


Edited by Armaegis - 2/26/14 at 10:54am
post #1130 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

(I'm surprised I haven't posted here; I've been subscribed since the beginning, but none of my stories are nearly as interesting as Armaegis'.)

I'm blanking on your age even though I'm pretty sure you stated it earlier here, but for some reason, 15/16 is sticking out, I hate to be that guy, but at that age (huh, that's kind of weird to say because I'm not that much older than you) I'd definitely give it a little more time before actually like...doing it. Even though you seem closer than most couples I know, it's definitely not something to underestimate. My first time freshman year of high school, with someone that I still consider the single most important friend I've ever had, led to some serious mental issues later on, and even now, four years later because at that age, it's harder to understand exactly how sex can screw with your mind if you go into it with a certain mindset. From experience, the mind interprets a significant difference between one night stands and relationship-bonding sex, and the latter obviously leads to a completely new level of closeness, which can be pretty scary. 

^^That was totally just rambling that probably doesn't make sense; I can rephrase that later if you want. I'm just procrastinating studying for a midterm so my mind is kind of frazzled.


+1! Would rather watch a movie, have a walk xP
post #1131 of 1350

Just don't do what i did and loose your virginity on a public bench... Not cool, very awkward...

post #1132 of 1350

Man, I read through this thread and get a sick and twisted kind of hope. So, keep up the good work, i guess LOL
:redface:

post #1133 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcode View Post
 

Man, I read through this thread and get a sick and twisted kind of hope. So, keep up the good work, i guess LOL
:redface:

 

You have far more dedication (or perhaps more tolerance for painful sympathy) than me. I've never been able to make it through the whole thread, even in multiple sittings.

post #1134 of 1350
A few weeks ago, somehow, somewhere and somewhat, me and my best female friend happen to talk for awhile. A different meaning of "talking". We both have something to tell but never brave enough to say it xD as in, we are trying to get out of friend zone or at least, I am. That got kind of awkward! long story short, neither of us said it. We didn't get to talk about it due to some school activities. Two days ago, after our activities, we finally met each other again with bunch of her friends as usual. As a person who like to walk slowly that she is, she suddenly walked so much faster and put her hands up signal for a high five. Turns out, it was more than a high five @.@

She held on my hand! It's the second time we did this but the first time was last year because of a game we played at school (I think that is where it all started ). As a result, a different "feeling". Feeling of "not letting go". I got confused at first when she held my hand and so I ask "whaa...what?" She said it in a really soft voice "nothing, just missing you" After awhile, as we are going in a different direction, we let go of each other automatically. Both smiling away!

The next say itself, yesterday, we happen to meet each other walking into classroom in the morning. Our classroom is at 3rd floor and we were at ground floor. Climbing staircase is enough to wake you up in the morning xD she was walking slow as always. I walked a few steps and look back to wait for her. We did talk and laughed for no reason when we see each other. In the middle of the staircase, she handed me her books that she was carrying and I just take it and helped her. When I took the book, she didn't put down her hand and I guess she's asking for another holding hand but I wasn't dared as I am not all sure if we are ready to take the next step. I kind of gave up waiting for her as the first bell is about to ring and we may be late. I went into the class and put the books on her table and walked away whispering "pizza deliver". She smiled but I suddenly remembered something. It made me panic! Not that I forgot to do my homework xP but I just recalled another dude in my class likes her too! He told that to me last year but she wasn't interested in him at all. He looked at me unhappily. Next thing was she took my eraser to craft something on it with a pen as that's the way we used to talk secrets. She went missing for awhile and so I asked her friend where she was but I was way too shy to ask where she is instead, I asked where's my eraser xD she said that my female best friend ate it. When she finally returned it to me, I was expecting to see something but oh well... She clearly rubbed it off >.> and I made a bad joke "I though you ate it haha"

Today, I saw her car from the very far back. I walked super slow-mo so hoping she could catch up but I guess she didn't see me. I did a toilet stop on purpose. Guess it took her that* long. When walking up the staircase, I though I should wait for awhile or maybe walk back down to meet her but I didn't thanks to my great shyness xD (part of it, I was worried that I got the wrong meaning of her "missing me" thing). Throughout, I found her picking at me all the time @.@

Funny how so lots of fun stuff together for 6 years and it's still so awkward to tell the truth haha
Edited by BillsonChang007 - 2/27/14 at 1:57am
post #1135 of 1350

My worst date is when I was home for a summer from college (not going to admit which year).  My friend from home wanted to go on a double date with a some guy she met and one of his friends as a blind date for me.   He showed up looking like a really skuzzy, unwashed punk, tried to grab me during the movie, kept trying to chase me around the car and tried to convince me to go smoke pot in the local school yard.

 

Pretty bad and funny stuff though I was really pissed off at the time.  I gave him a very hard time and put him in his place since I am definitely NOT a shrinking violet.  Weirdly though his friend told my friend he really liked me and wanted a second date. I just laughed and said NO WAY!   LOL

post #1136 of 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibs63 View Post
 

My worst date is when I was home for a summer from college (not going to admit which year).  My friend from home wanted to go on a double date with a some guy she met and one of his friends as a blind date for me.   He showed up looking like a really skuzzy, unwashed punk, tried to grab me during the movie, kept trying to chase me around the car and tried to convince me to go smoke pot in the local school yard.

 

Pretty bad and funny stuff though I was really pissed off at the time.  I gave him a very hard time and put him in his place since I am definitely NOT a shrinking violet.  Weirdly though his friend told my friend he really liked me and wanted a second date. I just laughed and said NO WAY!   LOL

 

Wow, that guy sounds like a real winner. :rolleyes: I have to wonder if he'd never actually been on a date before and for some reason thought that was appropriate behavior, or else maybe he had been on many dates and had somehow always gotten away with that kind of stuff. And I'm not sure which of these hypotheticals would be worse.

 

I have the opposite problem. I don't pick up on cues very well, so I never know when it's appropriate to make any kind of move, romantic or otherwise, so I usually just don't say or do anything, and six months later I find out that somebody had an interest in me but concluded from my behavior that I obviously wasn't interested in them.

post #1137 of 1350
I want to know what's it's like to go on a double date. To me, the concept seems rather awkward. I read about it all the time in the Hardy Boys books, but they were brothers so it's a bit different.

And I so want to try a blind date some day too. That'll be interesting if it happens. XD
post #1138 of 1350

I went on a double date once. The girl that I got set up with said literally 4 words the entire night.

post #1139 of 1350
Quote:
I have the opposite problem. I don't pick up on cues very well, so I never know when it's appropriate to make any kind of move, romantic or otherwise, so I usually just don't say or do anything, and six months later I find out that somebody had an interest in me but concluded from my behavior that I obviously wasn't interested in them.

My guess from reading the posts and your post that I am much older than most of you.  Picking up cues and body language sometimes comes with experience.  Listen, pay attention and use your intuition.  You also have to consider that the person you are looking for cues from may not know how to give them.  It is a 2-way street.  

 

As to double dates and blind dates?  Blind dates never worked out for me because usually the person fixing me up had really poor taste or was clueless. I don't see anything wrong with taking a chance on it but have reasonable expectations.  Double dates with established couples who are friends are great. Double first dates, not so great.  Tough to establish a bond when there are 4 of you feeling awkward or even worse 2 are already a couple and they watch the first time daters like a hawk to see if it works out.  Really uncomfortable!

 

Also never go on the first few dates in a group of people unless you want to be just friends, you enjoy being teased or you are trying to fob off your date to another person in the group.


Edited by ibs63 - 2/27/14 at 4:06pm
post #1140 of 1350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibs63 View Post
 

 Picking up cues and body language sometimes comes with experience.

 

I think I've gotten worse at that as I've grown older. :blink:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home