or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worst date stories - Page 75

post #1111 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

I'm not really a bar guy myself. In fact, the last time I was in one was over seven years ago, if I remember correctly. I've been advised by some of my bar-loving friends that it's a great place to meet people. Except that, in the unlikely event that I should actually manage to hit it off with somebody there, unless it's somebody else who doesn't like bars but got dragged along by bar-hopping friends, this hypothetical person would be the sort who...likes bars. Meaning, in order to interact with her, I would have to...go back to the bar. Which I dislike.

 

Not a conducive strategy for finding a compatible mate, if you think about it that way. In fact, I don't even like alcohol very much. Can't really get past the taste.

 

I know, I'm very boring. My idea of a fun date would involve eating at a nice (but not ridiculously expensive or pretentious) restaurant, then finding some small townish place to walk around together for the evening. Maybe play some mini golf if there's a course around. Alternately, if we wanted to do something earlier in the day we could go to one of the state parks and trek around through the woods for a few hours. Or, if we wanted to make an entire day of it, we could go across the state to Holland for the tulip festival if it happens to be going on at the time, or up to Traverse City for the cherry festival. Or, if none of these possibilities is in evidence, honestly just going back to either of our homes after dinner and playing board games would be fun, or watching a cheesy, non-serious movie and making snarky comments about the bad acting and belabored plot.

 

How lame does all this sound?

 

I've been to Holland once during my Sophomore year (I went to Ferris State) since my friends and I wanted to go to Lemonjellos. We had fun walking around downtown for a few hours too. It's a nice town. Your ideas sound pleasant. 

 

I don't like the taste of alcohol much either. I feel like it's something you have to force yourself to consistently drink in order to eventually develop a liking.

post #1112 of 1449

Today, I'm seeing a childhood friend for the first time in two and a half years. Really looking forward to the meeting and how she's changed over the years :)

post #1113 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK277 View Post
 

I've been to Holland once during my Sophomore year (I went to Ferris State) since my friends and I wanted to go to Lemonjellos. We had fun walking around downtown for a few hours too. It's a nice town. Your ideas sound pleasant. 

 

I don't like the taste of alcohol much either. I feel like it's something you have to force yourself to consistently drink in order to eventually develop a liking.

 

I'm glad to hear from you and others that my date ideas aren't quite as corny as I suspected. I honestly don't know what people get up to on dates these days, so I just listed stuff I would enjoy doing with good friends.

 

I went to Holland with some friends about a year and a half ago. Unfortunately, we were just a bit late for the tulips, which were mostly spent, and it was a dreary, rainy day. Still, it was pretty fun. We wandered in and out of a few shops and checked out the tents set up for the festival. I also remember the local high school doing a traditional dance routine in clogs. We then went up to the road to visit the Veldheer tulip farm, which probably contained more tulips than I'd ever seen at one time. Sadly, the rain was quite heavy by that time and I didn't really enjoy it as much as I might have. It's hard to take in an expanse of color when your head is down to keep from getting water blown in your face by the wind.

 

Funny thing about alcohol is that, as some of my best friends are Muslim, I would never be in a situation where I could even drink it when I'm hanging out with them. No loss, really.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Today, I'm seeing a childhood friend for the first time in two and a half years. Really looking forward to the meeting and how she's changed over the years :)

 

Hopefully you haven't drifted too far apart. I've had that experience meeting friends after a long time, and unfortunately it's always resulted in us not really having enough in common anymore to remain close friends. That or they were just blowing me off. I suspect in at least one case that it's a bit of both.

 

I'm not saying that's what's going to happen with you, or that my experience is necessarily typical. I really hope you guys can end up being close again.

post #1114 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Today, I'm seeing a childhood friend for the first time in two and a half years. Really looking forward to the meeting and how she's changed over the years :)


Meeting up with old friends can always be great, as you'll feel a great amount of nostalgia for a person, remember though, that that feeling won't last so don't take that as a reason to forge a relationship where there might not be one. Otherwise remember to just have fun! :smile:

post #1115 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

Hopefully you haven't drifted too far apart. I've had that experience meeting friends after a long time, and unfortunately it's always resulted in us not really having enough in common anymore to remain close friends. That or they were just blowing me off. I suspect in at least one case that it's a bit of both.

I'm not saying that's what's going to happen with you, or that my experience is necessarily typical. I really hope you guys can end up being close again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphonicArin View Post


Meeting up with old friends can always be great, as you'll feel a great amount of nostalgia for a person, remember though, that that feeling won't last so don't take that as a reason to forge a relationship where there might not be one. Otherwise remember to just have fun! smile.gif
Went wonderfully, even though we didn't get to watch Frozen as planned. We're both nerds and bookworms and I was happy to accompany her in a bookstore while she browsed around. After that, we watched most of V for Vendetta at my place before she had to go back to hers to welcome visitors. She's definitely changed a lot, she has a nice soft lilting voice that's replaced her previous chatterbox noise (rather like replacing a crappy pair of speakers with a nice pair of cans, amp and dac) and she's a refined young woman now! Was a great half-day biggrin.gif
post #1116 of 1449

That's wonderful

post #1117 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

It's the same thing on Sweetest Day--I never remember when this day actually falls, but I'm sure I'll be acutely aware of it once it's here.

What is Sweetest Day?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

Nothing really to it. We were both just anti-all the romance fluffery associated with the holiday....in my case, frustration due to being perpetually friend-zoned with any girl I liked, and in her case, frustration over a previous relationship (her boyfriend had left her for another dude...really messed with her head, as you might imagine). So just combining the initials seemed a nice quick pejorative nickname....lol.  

 

In a stranger twist than that, 20-odd years later, she's now married to the guy that previously stole her boyfriend! :blink: We had lost contact over the years, but I found that out from a mutual acquaintance and facepalmed, repeatedly, along with making a lot of,"WTF is wrong with her?" and similar comments.

LOL so I guess guy #2 eventually decided that he was straight.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBobMuffler View Post
 

[...] Go Hollywood [...]

Wow, that's some serious fetish that she has. Same thing to every guy, on the day they first meet? She must have had a pretty messed up childhood to have such sadistic tendencies.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBobMuffler View Post
 

Not lame at all.  I took a girl to a rock museum as a date once.  She acted like she enjoyed it, but I don't think it was her idea of a good time, however, as she told me she was going to plan the next date.  Her next date ended up with me clinging to her for my life on the back of a four wheeler--she drove us out on her father's property for some good ol' target shooting, and making fun of me for my lack of firearms experience.

That sounds great, actually. I would find a girl who likes roughing it up in a four-wheeler pretty hot. As long as she's not a redneck.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK277 View Post
 

I don't like the taste of alcohol much either. I feel like it's something you have to force yourself to consistently drink in order to eventually develop a liking.

Beer and wine were acquired tastes for me, and I still can't drink too much of either. But with rum and coke it was love at first sip, and rye/whiskey and coke was even more heavenly. I could drink it like water.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Went wonderfully, even though we didn't get to watch Frozen as planned. We're both nerds and bookworms and I was happy to accompany her in a bookstore while she browsed around. After that, we watched most of V for Vendetta at my place before she had to go back to hers to welcome visitors. She's definitely changed a lot, she has a nice soft lilting voice that's replaced her previous chatterbox noise (rather like replacing a crappy pair of speakers with a nice pair of cans, amp and dac) and she's a refined young woman now! Was a great half-day biggrin.gif

 Loving the descriptors of her voice :beerchug:

post #1118 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

 

 Loving the descriptors of her voice :beerchug:

Haha, that's pretty much what went through my head as soon as I heard her voice. I have a pretty eccentric mind :D

post #1119 of 1449
-
Edited by gopanthersgo1 - 7/29/16 at 1:33pm
post #1120 of 1449
No rush mate, the first time is always going to be slightly awkward. With my current girlfriend I am her first and only person she has had sex with (I've had sex with 11) and her first time was amazing. Key is to not rush, get yourselves in the mood, take it nice and easy and be relaxed and comfortable.
Many girls have horror stories of their first time, pain, blood, and all that, not my current girlfriend, because we waited till we had a good opportunity.
post #1121 of 1449
Thread Starter 

Wow, ok, so... a bit tmi... but hey enjoy those teenage years while you can. And hopefully...

 

post #1122 of 1449
-
Edited by gopanthersgo1 - 7/29/16 at 1:32pm
post #1123 of 1449

Expect it to become deeper, but it can also split people up if the mood is not right. Just be cautious about the timing. Make sure you don't take it too seriously either, have fun, if something goes wrong (everyone stumbles and fumbles about their first time) laugh it off. If you are both mentally ready for it, then go for it. After the first time you may find it awkward, but it gets easier and more fun as you go on.

At the moment I have to be careful with my girlfriend as her mums room is next to hers, so we have to keep it quiet. But i stayed round for the first time the other night and it was fine, it takes time for her mum to adjust and accept her daughter is growing up.

post #1124 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post

Expect it to become deeper, but it can also split people up if the mood is not right. Just be cautious about the timing. Make sure you don't take it too seriously either, have fun, if something goes wrong (everyone stumbles and fumbles about their first time) laugh it off. If you are both mentally ready for it, then go for it. After the first time you may find it awkward, but it gets easier and more fun as you go on.
At the moment I have to be careful with my girlfriend as her mums room is next to hers, so we have to keep it quiet. But i stayed round for the first time the other night and it was fine, it takes time for her mum to adjust and accept her daughter is growing up.
okay, gotcha, thanks, we were okay with all the other stuff so it shouldn't be too awkward and if its the same mood with the interruptions it should be really nice. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1125 of 1449

(I'm surprised I haven't posted here; I've been subscribed since the beginning, but none of my stories are nearly as interesting as Armaegis'.)

 

I'm blanking on your age even though I'm pretty sure you stated it earlier here, but for some reason, 15/16 is sticking out, I hate to be that guy, but at that age (huh, that's kind of weird to say because I'm not that much older than you) I'd definitely give it a little more time before actually like...doing it. Even though you seem closer than most couples I know, it's definitely not something to underestimate. My first time freshman year of high school, with someone that I still consider the single most important friend I've ever had, led to some serious mental issues later on, and even now, four years later because at that age, it's harder to understand exactly how sex can screw with your mind if you go into it with a certain mindset. From experience, the mind interprets a significant difference between one night stands and relationship-bonding sex, and the latter obviously leads to a completely new level of closeness, which can be pretty scary. 

 

^^That was totally just rambling that probably doesn't make sense; I can rephrase that later if you want. I'm just procrastinating studying for a midterm so my mind is kind of frazzled.

 

I also feel kind of obligated to share a story, but the only one that's even relatively thread-worthy is this one:

So I went to an event with a friend, and when we got there, my friend met up with one of her friends. She introduced me to her friend and I kind of felt something click, and we spent most of the event talking to each other and she seemed really nice, so I offered to walk her back to her dorm. When we got back, her roommate and her friends were being especially loud, so she asked if I wanted to see a movie with her as an excuse to leave the room. I thought, "Awesome, she didn't think I was creepy!" We ended up watching a rom-com of some sort, which was a great time all around. After walking her back again, I definitely though I had a chance with her until in the middle of one of her stories, "...yeah my boyfriend..." 

 

Damn. 

 

But we're pretty good friends now so...it's really not a "worst date story" because, hey, at least I didn't do anything stupid.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home