Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 346

post #5176 of 5288
Thread Starter 

I'll post detailed pics of how to work the ports later. It's actually really simple. I'll add it when I post the 2.5 vs 2.0 comparison.

post #5177 of 5288

Yeah I literally got mine yesterday. I think mine are permanently stuck on ear bleeding bass. Do you guys think Aurisonics would replace them for me? Their warranty website is down.

post #5178 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


On my new 2.5's. for minimum bass, the left port is turned full left and the right port is turned full right. Strange but true. Each adjuster turns about 180 degrees from full open to full closed.

Woweee what a concept, I will give it a try.

post #5179 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

I'll post detailed pics of how to work the ports later. It's actually really simple. I'll add it when I post the 2.5 vs 2.0 comparison.

I havnt touched it thinking it wont be as simple as right = close and left = open.

post #5180 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzsogood View Post

I havnt touched it thinking it wont be as simple as right = close and left = open.

Sadly no lol. It's opposite sides for both. IIRC, you turn toward the closer edge to lower bass.
post #5181 of 5288

You really need a magnifier to see the markings around the screw

There is a dash for fully closed then two small vertical lines equally spaced then a dot for full open 180 degrees from the first dash

My ASG 2 turn without resistance over the last two thirds to full open and there is a slight resistance in the first third from full closed with clear stops at each end

I can also confirm one turns clockwise the other anti-clockwise so they mirror each other

post #5182 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatrix View Post
 

You really need a magnifier to see the markings around the screw

There is a dash for fully closed then two small vertical lines equally spaced then a dot for full open 180 degrees from the first dash

My ASG 2 turn without resistance over the last two thirds to full open and there is a slight resistance in the first third from full closed with clear stops at each end

I can also confirm one turns clockwise the other anti-clockwise so they mirror each other

Well put !

post #5183 of 5288

Well left side I turned it well but right side the screw goes round and round WTH.

post #5184 of 5288

Oops, you broke it.

 

Seriously, though, you can look at vent itself with a good light on the earphone and see it close/open as you turn the dial (at least on my custom as-2), so that should give you an idea how to set it for yourself.

post #5185 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post
 

Oops, you broke it.

 

Seriously, though, you can look at vent itself with a good light on the earphone and see it close/open as you turn the dial (at least on my custom as-2), so that should give you an idea how to set it for yourself.

Bad lighting here and I was being gentle but well guess I wasnt.

post #5186 of 5288

Ok turning screw towards the front (Face) will increase the Bass. Well I love bass but all the way to the front makes the bass bloated and I have only used that word one time before today. Bloated is not good.

post #5187 of 5288

Dale himself only opens the vent 1/16 of the total (1/4 of the first quarter marking), iirc. So, it's not as though the vent is meant to be a 0-100 type of range.

post #5188 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post
 

Dale himself only opens the vent 1/16 of the total (1/4 of the first quarter marking), iirc. So, it's not as though the vent is meant to be a 0-100 type of range.

Guess I will leave it at Half which is what I had it on. The screw is so tiny and my eyes are so old it seems as if I am turning it blind folded.

post #5189 of 5288

Ok at 12 to 2 O clock the bass is much clearer and Ideal.

post #5190 of 5288
Thread Starter 

Updated the first post with the new ASG-2.5, and added the Tralucent Ref 1 to the second post.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)