Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 339

post #5071 of 5288

The stealth cover on my precious is wearing off badly, patches of paint are litteraly getting off, I tried to contact Dale twice 2 weeks ago but no answer so far.

I also tried to contact the customer service department but same result.

Does anyone know if they are on holiday or something?

post #5072 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmann View Post

The stealth cover on my precious is wearing off badly, patches of paint are litteraly getting off, I tried to contact Dale twice 2 weeks ago but no answer so far.
I also tried to contact the customer service department but same result.
Does anyone know if they are on holiday or something?
They're probably extremely busy due to the launch of ROCKETS. I faced the same issue (a few pages back) and contacted them. Andy from Aurisonics contacted me back and offered to fix them for me. He gave me two options: 1) Use a newer, tougher but glossy finish for the earpieces, and forfeit the matte finish OR 2) Stick with the matte finish. I chose 2 and he replied that they'd rebuild my earpieces.

How long have you had your ASG's by the way?
post #5073 of 5288

Ok, then I guess I'll keep trying to get in touch.

I think I got them shortly after their release maybe a year ago or so.

I handle them with care even though I use them every day but it looks like the paint is not sticking anymore. It doesn't scratch off it just randomly gets off by patches.

 

How is your new matte finish holding? Can we get a glimpse of the tougher/glossier finish somewhere?

 

Performance-wise I am very pleased with the way they sound, I can listen to them over extended periods with no fatigue at all and the dark signature is the perfect fit for me, I wouldn't recommend them for classical music though. 


Edited by Batmann - 7/31/14 at 8:07am
post #5074 of 5288
In my case my set my was less than two months old, and the paint also came off in patches. The paint literally just disappears overnight; you don't know when or how they got off.

I haven't received back my set, but I hope our issues are isolated ones. I didn't get to preview the glossy finish, but if I remember correctly somewhere in this thread the early version of the ASG-2 Stealth had a glossy finish too and you can expect the glossy finish to look similar.
post #5075 of 5288

I believe I have the matte finish, and I haven't had any troubles thus far... *knocks on wood*

post #5076 of 5288
I hope you guys can help a noob audiophile with some questions.
For those using aftermarket cables for their ASG 2 / 2.5, what cable can you recommend that would improve bass quality and treble extension? (scanning hundreds of pages of this thread didn't really give me a general idea of what cables would be the best bang for the buck for the ASG 2/2.5)
For those who have experience with balanced cables, will there be any significant improvements to the sound sig if the cable would be balanced terminated with TRRS 3.5 mm plug?
Thanks!
post #5077 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilleron0 View Post

I hope you guys can help a noob audiophile with some questions.
For those using aftermarket cables for their ASG 2 / 2.5, what cable can you recommend that would improve bass quality and treble extension? (scanning hundreds of pages of this thread didn't really give me a general idea of what cables would be the best bang for the buck for the ASG 2/2.5)
For those who have experience with balanced cables, will there be any significant improvements to the sound sig if the cable would be balanced terminated with TRRS 3.5 mm plug?
Thanks!

I have tried several higher-end cables with my 2.5 but find that the stock SPC cable sounds better to me than anything else I have tried. Most of my phones are balanced and although there is not much change in tonality, I do find that balancing seems to improve imaging, likely due to the fact that the L & R channels no longer share a common ground. .
post #5078 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

I have tried several higher-end cables with my 2.5 but find that the stock SPC cable sounds better to me than anything else I have tried. Most of my phones are balanced and although there is not much change in tonality, I do find that balancing seems to improve imaging, likely due to the fact that the L & R channels no longer share a common ground. .
IMO the stock cable from Aurisonics is rather good. I'll try swapping it with a spare Westone cable from a W4 to see how it compares.
post #5079 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilleron0 View Post

I hope you guys can help a noob audiophile with some questions.
For those using aftermarket cables for their ASG 2 / 2.5, what cable can you recommend that would improve bass quality and treble extension? (scanning hundreds of pages of this thread didn't really give me a general idea of what cables would be the best bang for the buck for the ASG 2/2.5)
For those who have experience with balanced cables, will there be any significant improvements to the sound sig if the cable would be balanced terminated with TRRS 3.5 mm plug?
Thanks!

 

+1

 

Also i find btg-audio and nocturnal audio offer the best reasonable prices (for me at least).

 

How do they compare if anyone tried them both ?

post #5080 of 5288
The fiio spc cable is quite an excellent match with ASG2. And I believe it's the cheapest too.
post #5081 of 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

The fiio spc cable is quite an excellent match with ASG2. And I believe it's the cheapest too.

 

yeah, i have seen this also,

 

but excuse my question since it is the first time to deal with replaceable cables,

 

i would assume that spc means silver plated copper, is there any worthy advantages of silver cables or mixed silver + copper cables ?

post #5082 of 5288
Thread Starter 

Just waking the thread up to add that I'll be adding a full comparison to the Tralucent Audio Ref.1 here in the coming days.

post #5083 of 5288
Definitely looking forward to that... love both phones, and IMHO the G2 does extremely well against the Ref1. I feel Ref1 edges it out, but for the price difference, G2 is a winner.
post #5084 of 5288

I did hear from a friend that the 2.5 actually beats out the REF1 to his ears, as he found the bass on the REF1 to simply be too overpowering to the point where it obfuscates details in the mids/highs. He also noted that the soundstage was more spacious on the 2.5. Found that to be extremely interesting. Looking forward to your thoughts Eke. 

post #5085 of 5288
Damn... That's pretty crazy. I love the bass on both phones... I still think there is a bit more in the G2,not sure about the 2.5 as I don't have them... YET!! i'm thinking about adding 2.5 as my first set of customs... Just not sure how much difference there will be between custom vs uni.

I do know there is not night and day difference between the two. if I wasn't comparing directly, I couldn't tell which I'd like better. They are so close to my ears, it's incredible. They both best my Heir 8.0, that much I do know...
Edited by warrior1975 - 8/7/14 at 10:56am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)