Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 321

post #4801 of 5470

I'm in for the $499 as well. These look pretty sweet and have a lot of great features.

post #4802 of 5470

My only question now is... is there not an upgrade option anymore?

post #4803 of 5470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

My only question now is... is there not an upgrade option anymore?

 

I'd be interested in knowing what the dealio is here m'self.

post #4804 of 5470

Can still grab the ASG-2.5 for $499 for three days. It was extended since they originally had the wrong specs. Just FYI. I've never tried Aurisonics but really looking forward to getting some. I just got an iBasso DX90, so hoping that will be the ultimate portable setup for me for a long time.

post #4805 of 5470

I have high expectations for the ASG 2.5 I will also be running it with the DX90

post #4806 of 5470

Awesome on the 3-day extension... It was looking pretty grim today. Here's hoping the 2.5 keeps all the things I love about the G-2, tones down the midbass a bit, and gets a hair more spaciousness (not sure if that's really the word I want to use here...) to the treble! 

 

Btw, although we're waiting on confirmation that they're still planning on coming, Aurisonics should be at the Music City Meet in Nashville on May 10th if anybody is in the area and wants to swing by. Link here

post #4807 of 5470

Just got my finalized ASG 2.5 in.  I think I am the first here to get them in. They decided to discontinue the frost and agreed to update mine free of charge and even shipped it back Express so I got it in one day.  The color looks amazing.  Its a dark smoke and personally I think it looks better than the stealth ones I saw on here.   I have them in the 2nd and 3rd pictures for a size comparison with the Fischer Amps FA-4E XB.  

 

Ill be stepping out now but I'll leave it burning in.  The Fischer offers some stiff competition... I wonder who will win out.  

 

 

 

post #4808 of 5470
popcorn.gif

Can't wait to see how it goes!!
post #4809 of 5470
Good thing they discontinued the frost. Mine even after extra uv coating started to turn yellow. Wonder if they offer smoke faceplate change rolleyes.gif
post #4810 of 5470
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusic13 View Post

Good thing they discontinued the frost. Mine even after extra uv coating started to turn yellow. Wonder if they offer smoke faceplate change rolleyes.gif



Neither frost nor stealth is the real deal biggrin.gif
post #4811 of 5470

God damn that set is smokin. Like the Terminator of IEMs

post #4812 of 5470

I need an opinion from ASG-2 owners. I just demo'd the latest version of the ASG-1. I was impressed by the bass quality and vocal presentation. In fact I was blown away at how they sounded with much of what I listen to (modern jazz and vocal oriented stuff). But, with the music I enjoy from the 70's era (Steely Dan, Boz Scaggs, Eagles, Stones), it stumbled. The sound was vailed, the vocals moved to the back of the presentation and everything sounded compressed. I could write that off to poor mastering/recording, but I also demo'd some 1964 V3's at the same time and those handled everything well, with no noticeable degradation from genre to genre or from era to era. The V3's just never wow'd me in any area like the ASG-1's. In hind sight, I should have demo'd the ASG-2, but I just overlooked them, thinking they were out of my price range. So my question is, would the ASG-2 be a different animal. Is there something about the ASG-1's treble presentation that clouded the older recordings? Can anyone confirm what I was hearing or tell me if those issues would potentially be corrected with the ASG-2. I realize not many people have the new 2.5, but any forum members experience with ASG-2 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

post #4813 of 5470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwins050 View Post
 

I need an opinion from ASG-2 owners. I just demo'd the latest version of the ASG-1. I was impressed by the bass quality and vocal presentation. In fact I was blown away at how they sounded with much of what I listen to (modern jazz and vocal oriented stuff). But, with the music I enjoy from the 70's era (Steely Dan, Boz Scaggs, Eagles, Stones), it stumbled. The sound was vailed, the vocals moved to the back of the presentation and everything sounded compressed. I could write that off to poor mastering/recording, but I also demo'd some 1964 V3's at the same time and those handled everything well, with no noticeable degradation from genre to genre or from era to era. The V3's just never wow'd me in any area like the ASG-1's. In hind sight, I should have demo'd the ASG-2, but I just overlooked them, thinking they were out of my price range. So my question is, would the ASG-2 be a different animal. Is there something about the ASG-1's treble presentation that clouded the older recordings? Can anyone confirm what I was hearing or tell me if those issues would potentially be corrected with the ASG-2. I realize not many people have the new 2.5, but any forum members experience with ASG-2 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

 

ASG 1 is a VERY dark sounding iem that doesnt have a lot of treble. The ASG 2 add the BA driver to help bring the treble out a bit more, and it does by a good amount. Overall sound is still on the darker side for the ASG 2 though

post #4814 of 5470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwins050 View Post
 

I need an opinion from ASG-2 owners. I just demo'd the latest version of the ASG-1. I was impressed by the bass quality and vocal presentation. In fact I was blown away at how they sounded with much of what I listen to (modern jazz and vocal oriented stuff). But, with the music I enjoy from the 70's era (Steely Dan, Boz Scaggs, Eagles, Stones), it stumbled. The sound was vailed, the vocals moved to the back of the presentation and everything sounded compressed. I could write that off to poor mastering/recording, but I also demo'd some 1964 V3's at the same time and those handled everything well, with no noticeable degradation from genre to genre or from era to era. The V3's just never wow'd me in any area like the ASG-1's. In hind sight, I should have demo'd the ASG-2, but I just overlooked them, thinking they were out of my price range. So my question is, would the ASG-2 be a different animal. Is there something about the ASG-1's treble presentation that clouded the older recordings? Can anyone confirm what I was hearing or tell me if those issues would potentially be corrected with the ASG-2. I realize not many people have the new 2.5, but any forum members experience with ASG-2 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

 

 

Check out the very first post of the thread :)

 

Also, there are a bunch of impressions there that I cataloged from other owners/tour members. Some compare to their own ASG-1.

post #4815 of 5470
Thread Starter 

^ Adding to this, if price is your issue with the ASG-2, I created an EQ for my ASG-1 that transformed it into the best IEM I had ever heard at the time. Have a look at my ASG-1 review here. You'll find my opening sentences mirror yours a lot.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604547/review-aurisonics-asg-1-diamond-in-the-rough-rev-1-2-update-added

 

Quote:
 

 

Sound

 

The whole point of the ASG-1 was to address the "faults" of the original version. I am happy to say that every issue I described has been resolved. However, one problem has arisen.

 

I'll start off with the most glaring fault of this revision of the ASG-1. The treble.

 

It's refined, it's richly defined with timbre as good, or better, than the GR07 (yeah, I know). The problem is that there's barely any of it. This leads to an overall darker sound that I feel HAS to be EQ'ed to restore some balance to the sound. When I do EQ it, it's the best earphone I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Below is the EQ is use on the Equalizer app for iPhone. As a matter of fact, it's just the "Treble Booster" preset. Though, this is my favorite EQ setting: +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)