Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 305

post #4561 of 5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post


Well, actually I own ASG-2 but find myself listening S EM6 most of the time. We all hear very differently..

Wish I could demo the S-EM6 cause I am really liking the SM64 right now. Haha I remember telling MoonYeol how they were stressing me out when I first got them. It's a different story now...AS just started getting their stuff into Korea. Hopefully ES will bring their higher end stuff in too.

post #4562 of 5300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post


Well, actually I own ASG-2 but find myself listening S EM6 most of the time. We all hear very differently..

 

That's still no indication of performance.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

hey i just remembered. Whatever happened to the whole revised version of the ASG-2? Wasnt there suppose to be a 2.2 coming out?

 

 

 

It'll be out fairly soon.

post #4563 of 5300

Good news then... its been so long since anyone's talked about it that it seems to have been forgotten...

 

are u still not allowed to give any clues as to what its like Eke? (you did get to try the 2.2 right? if i remember correctly...)

post #4564 of 5300
I don't get why Dale doesn't just let the cat out of the bag. He already mentioned that AS have got a full sized phone coming out soon...
post #4565 of 5300

where was that mentioned?? That's insaneeeeee

post #4566 of 5300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

Good news then... its been so long since anyone's talked about it that it seems to have been forgotten...

 

are u still not allowed to give any clues as to what its like Eke? (you did get to try the 2.2 right? if i remember correctly...)

 

 

No, I haven't tried it. From what I heard though, there'll be a couple of hardware changes. You didn't hear it from me though :D

 

 

The full-sized was mentioned by Dale on kickstarter.

post #4567 of 5300

mmm so i ended up EQing up 4k-10k region on the SEM6 by about 5dB on itunes to get a sound that i feel is natural and has some sense of air to it.

 

soundstage overall still isnt really impressing me but with that EQ the SEM6 really breathes a lot more life into the music.

post #4568 of 5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

Dont exactly appreciate ur cute little sarcasm there buddy. Ive stated that i feel something is wrong and still have hopes for the SEM6. We've dedicated this thread to comparing iems with the ASG-2, as you can see, so if you want be going around saying this thread is dedicated to talking trash about the SEM6 and screwed up claims, then kindly escort yourself out.

 

Fair enough, but please also kindly understand that I am not blindly in love with S-EM6. I use many others and I always want to be fair.

Nothing is perfect.

post #4569 of 5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post

Well, actually I own ASG-2 but find myself listening S EM6 most of the time. We all hear very differently..
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

That's still no indication of performance.

 

Agreed, it's an indication of preference, just like your own comparison. :rolleyes: 

post #4570 of 5300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

Agreed, it's an indication of preference, just like your own comparison. :rolleyes: 

 

 

Touche

post #4571 of 5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Agreed, it's an indication of preference, just like your own comparison. rolleyes.gif  

Winning!
post #4572 of 5300
Ok, does anyone have any experience with both the ASG2 and the Shure 846? What are your comparisons and opinions of each?
post #4573 of 5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post

Ok, does anyone have any experience with both the ASG2 and the Shure 846? What are your comparisons and opinions of each?

 

846: better sub-bass, less punchy mid bass / sweet and smooth mid, vocal / sparkling and shape treble (but less sparkling compare to 1p2) / better sound stage / better dynamic range

ASG2: a little lack of sub-bass, punchy and power full mid bass, a little much mid bass to me / neutral mid, vocal / smooth treble, no harsh or spike.

 

The Shure 846 sounds good right from the box but you will need to to spend more time for the ASG-2. It is not an ideal iem for impatient users.

 

Shure 846 is a great all-around iem. ASG2 is better for EDM, fast pace music genres. 

post #4574 of 5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post

846: better sub-bass, less punchy mid bass / sweet and smooth mid, vocal / sparkling and shape treble (but less sparkling compare to 1p2) / better sound stage / better dynamic range
ASG2: a little lack of sub-bass, punchy and power full mid bass, a little much mid bass to me / neutral mid, vocal / smooth treble, no harsh or spike.

The Shure 846 sounds good right from the box but you will need to to spend more time for the ASG-2. It is not an ideal iem for impatient users.

Shure 846 is a great all-around iem. ASG2 is better for EDM, fast pace music genres. 

I gave you a well deserved rep! Also...I bought the asg2 pretty much the month it came out. I've always appreciated it. Put a smile on my face right away. Asg2 does edm nicely. It has a very pleasing sound to my ears. I agree 100% on the subbass or lack of. It is an iem I have grown with and will keep forever. I picked up the 846 a few hours ago, even before asking the initial question on the asg2. I don't even want to put it in my kind that the 846 is an upgrade, I just want a different sounding iem. I take your review with a real seriousness.
post #4575 of 5300

I am desperately trying to make a decision about my next IEM.  I have had the Westone W3 and W4 and the Heir Audio 3a.i and 4a.i.  I listen to stuff like classic rock, blues rock, country, and metal and I love bass.  Right now I'm torn between many models including the Aurisonics ASG-2, InEar Stage Diver 3, Heir Audio 5 or the 4CIEM, Shure 535, one of the new Noble Audio products, or possibly the Unique Melody 3DD Universal. Ultimately, I'd like to have the Shure 846 or Sennheiser IE-800 but my budget is only around $600. Can I get some input please?


Edited by ebjarrell - 2/15/14 at 5:45am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)