Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 293

post #4381 of 5476
Is the bass on the Ex-1K that much better than the Ex-600? I know it's highly regarded on here as one of the best examples of dynamic bass
post #4382 of 5476
Thread Starter 

I'm honestly far more excited for the EX1000 than for the H3.

 

I just took a listen to the EX. Holy crap. I can't believe it's taken me 2 years to hear these. People who said these sound like an open stadium were NOT exaggerating. I've heard iems that sound like full sized phones, but the EX1000 is like having the images floating in an infinite space. I think they may sound more open than even the 1plus2, if memory serves me correctly.

 

I hear the treble spike too, but my ears have yet to be raped. I do hear the treble as the least refined part of the spectrum though.


Edited by eke2k6 - 1/18/14 at 5:52pm
post #4383 of 5476

I'd be curious to see what you think about the H3s Eke.

 

On topic of the ASG-2s, I'll be receiving Unity's pair which he has graciously lent to some head-fiers including myself on Wednesday according to USPS tracking.

I'm really looking forward to hearing them. I think they'll probably be my last attempt at trying to find a universal IEM I really enjoy before venturing into CIEMs.

post #4384 of 5476
Whoa, nice smily_headphones1.gif
post #4385 of 5476
Just subbed-just found the thread, been curious about the iems your covering here. Couldn't go through all 293 pages, but the comparisons at the front are great reading, really helpful. Think I'll pull the trigger on one of these soon, ASG-2 sounds appealing from what I read. Thanks for the great review/comparisons.
post #4386 of 5476
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Just subbed-just found the thread, been curious about the iems your covering here. Couldn't go through all 293 pages, but the comparisons at the front are great reading, really helpful. Think I'll pull the trigger on one of these soon, ASG-2 sounds appealing from what I read. Thanks for the great review/comparisons.

 

:beerchug:

 

Only about 100 of them are useful anyway :)

post #4387 of 5476
So, right now I see the ASG-2 on Full Compass for $499, also a used one for sale (but no price given), best price I've seen on a quick search. Someone is selling the Noble 6 for $799, but given the similarities, seems that , given the similarities described. The Discovery Thread (where I spend too much of my life) is also getting hot and heavy over the FAD Heaven V, which is much less, but I get the feeling it is an entirely different kettle of fish. Any thoughts?
post #4388 of 5476
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

So, right now I see the ASG-2 on Full Compass for $499, also a used one for sale (but no price given), best price I've seen on a quick search. Someone is selling the Noble 6 for $799, but given the similarities, seems that , given the similarities described. The Discovery Thread (where I spend too much of my life) is also getting hot and heavy over the FAD Heaven V, which is much less, but I get the feeling it is an entirely different kettle of fish. Any thoughts?

 

Yeah, the Heaven V is definitely different from what I expected, but check out vwinter's impressions/comparison of the HV that I indexed at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

post #4389 of 5476
Checked the links out (I'm really impressed that you have all these links there laid out and easy to find...really organized. Maybe in another life...), both the ASG-2 and Heaven V sound really appealing, may need to get both.
One company that has some offerings that seem like they would fit into the comparisons here is Heir Audio, with their models 3,4,5, in the universals ("i") get positive responses, and I'd be curious how they rate against the ones already in the thread. Again, this is a really interesting thread, glad I found it.
post #4390 of 5476
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Checked the links out (I'm really impressed that you have all these links there laid out and easy to find...really organized. Maybe in another life...), both the ASG-2 and Heaven V sound really appealing, may need to get both.
One company that has some offerings that seem like they would fit into the comparisons here is Heir Audio, with their models 3,4,5, in the universals ("i") get positive responses, and I'd be curious how they rate against the ones already in the thread. Again, this is a really interesting thread, glad I found it.

 

The 4Ai doesn't belong in the same conversation as the iems discussed in this thread, IMO. It's around the GR07's level to my ears.

post #4391 of 5476
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

The 4Ai doesn't belong in the same conversation as the iems discussed in this thread, IMO. It's around the GR07's level to my ears.

 

 

Personally, I 100% agree.  I had the 4Ai a little before the N6 and its not even close. 

post #4392 of 5476
Thread Starter 

Someone asked me a question privately about the ASG-2. I figured the answer belongs here too:

 

Quote:
 
It is a fantastic iem, and my favorite overall for how it presents music. I’ve been somewhat disenchanted with the hyper chase that some still seem to be on. My criteria for a top-tier is a level of refinement (lack of grain/artifacts), plus soundstage dimensions that are enough to make me forget that I’m listening to a mere reproduction of my music. The ASG-2 has its flaws, no doubt, but its strengths outweigh its weaknesses to the point where I simply get lost in the music. I’ve gone a long stretches without it when I’ve loaned it out, and have used other top tier iems in the meanwhile. Still, everytime I get it back, it’s like reading a favorite book again. I think it’s a combination of the weighty, textured bass, the large but intimate staging that carries great height and depth to go along with its width, the overall warm signature that still has sharp clarity in the mids, and treble that can be powdery or sharp depending on the mastering of the track. I also love how its resolving enough to present every little nuance, but polite enough to not thrust it at you analytically. And then the sheer tactility of the images. It’s like I can reach out and touch the guitar strums in front of me, or it’s like I’m the one belting my lungs out in a performance.
 
For a representation of what the ASG-2 is like to me, check out Rivers and Roads by The Head and The Heart.
post #4393 of 5476
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Someone asked me a question privately about the ASG-2. I figured the answer belongs here too:

This is a reaaaally good lowest common denominator kind of description of the ASG-2.

But what was the question? Lol
post #4394 of 5476
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

This is a reaaaally good lowest common denominator kind of description of the ASG-2.

But what was the question? Lol

I'll take "is the the ASG-2 a top tier iem?" for 500.
post #4395 of 5476
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


This is a reaaaally good lowest common denominator kind of description of the ASG-2.

But what was the question? Lol

 

Ha. Well I was asked about how the G2 pits against the other iems I talked about here, so I was just explaining my reasoning.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)