Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 267

post #3991 of 5330

Honestly I'm REALLY enjoying the GR07 BE right now. I really think it makes less compromises FR-wise vs the ASG-2. Electronic music just sounds more coherent all around to me. Bass hits just as low without the mid-bass emphasis, and the highs are still detailed without being too forward. I know I've put the RE0 above the GR07 in the past, but the GR07 is still a very good buy. Just a very impressive lack of flaws. More tomorrow. 

post #3992 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post
 

Honestly I'm REALLY enjoying the GR07 BE right now. I really think it makes less compromises FR-wise vs the ASG-2. Electronic music just sounds more coherent all around to me. Bass hits just as low without the mid-bass emphasis, and the highs are still detailed without being too forward. I know I've put the RE0 above the GR07 in the past, but the GR07 is still a very good buy. Just a very impressive lack of flaws. More tomorrow. 

 

it sounds like you must like Sony MDR7550 even better then, no joke.

post #3993 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

it sounds like you must like Sony MDR7550 even better then, no joke.


I currently have Sony EX1000 with me on extended loan, while I think they're good, no problems there, I'm not overly fascinated by them like I thought I'd be. Some of the best bass texture I've heard, however I can kind of relate (going off very vague audio memory) GR07 MK2 being lesser priced and comparable (in some ways). When I compare I still lean towards a properly driven ER4S over the Sonys. GR07 MK2 is a classic Gintaras, if you hadn't  jumped straight on the high end 'show no mercy' train for 1Plus2 I think you may of enjoyed them. 

post #3994 of 5330

I just heard the 7550 for a short audition. My impressions were that with a more prominent treble they would be direct upgrades to GR07. Now they were more of an upgrade all over except for the treble which I found to be too rolled off. I guess that's where the Ex1000 comes in.

post #3995 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


I currently have Sony EX1000 with me on extended loan, while I think they're good, no problems there, I'm not overly fascinated by them like I thought I'd be. Some of the best bass texture I've heard, however I can kind of relate (going off very vague audio memory) GR07 MK2 being lesser priced and comparable (in some ways). When I compare I still lean towards a properly driven ER4S over the Sonys. GR07 MK2 is a classic Gintaras, if you hadn't  jumped straight on the high end 'show no mercy' train for 1Plus2 I think you may of enjoyed them. 

+1, this is how i heard 7550 too, some best texture bass and little else to remember :D

 

as regards GR07 thanks but no, i spent great deal on IEMs and now i want something complimentary to my 1p2, something more sweet intimate and rich like ASG2 or should we talk TG334? or Uber cable? ;)

post #3996 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post
 

I just heard the 7550 for a short audition. My impressions were that with a more prominent treble they would be direct upgrades to GR07. Now they were more of an upgrade all over except for the treble which I found to be too rolled off. I guess that's where the Ex1000 comes in.

 

you know i agree about bass, disagree about the rest. i found 7550 to be dull and boring no matter great bass texture. trebles and mids were thin, congested and lacking good decay, which put overall musical picture in some different way which i did not like. yes, someone who craves for neutral over musicality might like them but not me. this is why i like ASG2 no matter all its sins discussed here :L3000:

post #3997 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

+1, this is how i heard 7550 too, some best texture bass and little else to remember :D

 

as regards GR07 thanks but no, i spent great deal on IEMs and now i want something complimentary to my 1p2, something more sweet intimate and rich like ASG2 or should we talk TG334? or Uber cable? ;)


You spoilt yourself to soon, went straight for the kill. :o

Hence my reasoning "if" you hadn't done so you may of enjoyed GR07. Totally forget it now, you've been poisoned I'm afraid, but saying nicely as possible you may of missed gaining some experience points up the ranks along the way, by leap frogging straight to top end. What a glorious sound 1Plus2 is though. ;)


Edited by H20Fidelity - 10/31/13 at 12:39am
post #3998 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


You spoilt yourself to soon, went straight for the kill. :o

Hence my reasoning "if" you hadn't done so you may of enjoyed GR07. Totally forget it now, you've been poisoned I'm afraid, but saying nicely as possible you may of missed gaining some experience points up the ranks along the way, by leap frogging straight to top end. What a glorious sound 1Plus2 is though. ;)

 

spoiled? no!!! look at Abyss new headphone, this is what i call spoiler :D

 

i cannot say anything about GR07 because have not heard and no plans.

post #3999 of 5330

Okay the ASG-2 and GR07 BE definitely vary a lot depending on the track. This particular track sounds much better on the ASG-2, with better tonality and a better sense of detail and space. Treble is still a touch hot for me, but mostly this song sounds very good on the ASG-2. The GR07 BE actually exudes a brighter tonality, making vocals a little too thin in comparison. The dynamic range on this track is wonderful btw. Lots of instruments and detail to pick out. I think I'd still pick the GR07 BE for electronic music, since it's a little more even handed. But man, the ASG-2 really does nail some tracks. 

 

post #4000 of 5330
Thread Starter 

Awesome track, gnarl.

 

If you really want a treat on the G2, check out Slow and Steady by Of Monsters and Men. Whoa!

post #4001 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Awesome track, gnarl.

If you really want a treat on the G2, check out Slow and Steady by Of Monsters and Men. Whoa!

I'll definitely check them out! I suppose I'm developing an appreciation for non DF tuning, but I wish the ASG-2 was more versatile. One track will sound great and another will be unlistenable imo. For example I can't enjoy a single Queen track with the ASG-2. It's a very hit or miss sound to me.

Again a/bing the ASG and ER4S shows how they couldn't be any more different. I definitely takes getting used to the different signatures. I think my brain starts to process more ety bass after a while, while initially it can seem "missing". I think what's missing is the feeling of the bass versus the actual sound of the bass. There is clearly more bass detail on the ER4, but it doesn't seem like it at first listen. Once my brain adjusts to the sound of the bass, the feeling of thick solid bass on a bass heavy track starts to come through. It's like I get that satisfied bass head feeling not from the emphasis, but rather from being able to easily follow all the constantly shifting characteristics of the bass line. It's a much different approach to sound vs the ASG-2. Hope this makes sense!
post #4002 of 5330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


I'll definitely check them out! I suppose I'm developing an appreciation for non DF tuning, but I wish the ASG-2 was more versatile. One track will sound great and another will be unlistenable imo. For example I can't enjoy a single Queen track with the ASG-2. It's a very hit or miss sound to me.

Again a/bing the ASG and ER4S shows how they couldn't be any more different. I definitely takes getting used to the different signatures. I think my brain starts to process more ety bass after a while, while initially it can seem "missing". I think what's missing is the feeling of the bass versus the actual sound of the bass. There is clearly more bass detail on the ER4, but it doesn't seem like it at first listen. Once my brain adjusts to the sound of the bass, the feeling of thick solid bass on a bass heavy track starts to come through. It's like I get that satisfied bass head feeling not from the emphasis, but rather from being able to easily follow all the constantly shifting characteristics of the bass line. It's a much different approach to sound vs the ASG-2. Hope this makes sense!

 

It's definitely different. I remarked earlier how my ASg-2 sounded like crap after using the HF5 for the month I had the G2 on tour. The signatures are probably polar opposites.

 

I have respect for the Etys. The HF5 really showed me top tier refinement (lack of any grain whatsoever) and effortlessness at a steal compared to most of these products nowadays. The issue is that it has to achieve a ridiculously deep fit for it to show its stuff. I'm assuming its even more so for the ER4S' even more DF tuning.

post #4003 of 5330
You can always try to EQ the G-2. It responds so well to EQ. You can end up somewhere in between DF and the original ASG-2. That's when I realised just how competent the drivers really are.
post #4004 of 5330
Noob question pls! What is df?
post #4005 of 5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushnburn46 View Post

Noob question pls! What is df?

It is someone who criticizes the ASG2 on this thread, abbreviation of Dead Fu**er

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)