Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 257

post #3841 of 5201
Thank you for the post inks!
post #3842 of 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Dunno about other ASG2 and pairing out there, but I'm enjoying my classicals immensely with my asg-2 on dx50.  I agree it is non flat and non ER4S, but can't agree it is non hifi as it is transparent enough as a window into the music I'm listening to.  I was critical of the ASG2 with my original pair, but it came back much better after the reshell and probably some tuning by Dale and team, which I also understand is apply to the current production.

Bottomline, for those who is considering this IEM, listen a recent batch demo with your ears and decide if it's good or not.   That, or look at some graph and read some words by your eyes and miss out on something that you might actually like.  




Interesting. I remember you were one of the people to mention the G-2's highs leading to timbral issues with classical music. I know Dale mentioned that he learned a lot when touring the Asian market which tends to prefer a much different tuning (for pop, female vocal, classical etc.). I wonder if your G-2 might be one of the first to employ an early, prototypical tuning of what Eke's been alluding to. Do you still have the same trebles issues with your new G-2?
post #3843 of 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Also, Carlsan has given his blessing to send the Cardas and FA-4 to vwinter and shotgunshane. When I ship on Monday, v should have them by Wednesday.

I received the Cardas and FA-4 today.

The cardas cable isn't as bad as I thought after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth I've read over it. It is annoying though below the Y split. The pouch is hilarious. It's like trying to squeeze a fat man into an XS wife beater. You can make it fit but why?

Regarding sound: the bass is very nice- bold and rich. The middle and lower mid are nice too but then it all goes downhill after that... literally. Upper mid sounds pretty scooped out and I'm left wondering, "where the treble at?" If these had any kind of upper mid and treble presence, they might be very pleasing. As it stands now, only bass heads need apply. Now off to create an EQ.
post #3844 of 5201
And the fa-4e?
post #3845 of 5201
Coming soon.
post #3846 of 5201
Cool the fa 4e are always the last one, hope you like them

Try some comply tips if you don't like the sound of the silicone tips, i rather prefer the foams with them except than with my custom tips which make them sound glorious
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 10/19/13 at 2:26pm
post #3847 of 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


I received the Cardas and FA-4 today.

The cardas cable isn't as bad as I thought after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth I've read over it. It is annoying though below the Y split. The pouch is hilarious. It's like trying to squeeze a fat man into an XS wife beater. You can make it fit but why?

Regarding sound: the bass is very nice- bold and rich. The middle and lower mid are nice too but then it all goes downhill after that... literally. Upper mid sounds pretty scooped out and I'm left wondering, "where the treble at?" If these had any kind of upper mid and treble presence, they might be very pleasing. As it stands now, only bass heads need apply. Now off to create an EQ.

Have you listened to the Cardas amped? I agree there's no EX1000-like pieces of glass in my ears treble in the Cardas, but it's there. I wonder why these sound so wonderful to me and not some others (although we agree on the sound of other earphones)? Hmmm? Oh well.

post #3848 of 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post
 It's like trying to squeeze a fat man into an XS wife beater. You can make it fit but why?

 

That is one awesome analogy.  Love it. LOL.

post #3849 of 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

Have you listened to the Cardas amped? I agree there's no EX1000-like pieces of glass in my ears treble in the Cardas, but it's there. I wonder why these sound so wonderful to me and not some others (although we agree on the sound of other earphones)? Hmmm? Oh well.


They sounded good to my ears as well. But I did use them off of my Burson amp at home. Don't remember if I used them with my X3.

post #3850 of 5201

Used a Meier Quickstep.  Didn't help with the upper mid and treble.

post #3851 of 5201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post
 

Used a Meier Quickstep.  Didn't help with the upper mid and treble.

 

Neither did the Tralucent T1 or M-Stage.

post #3852 of 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Interesting. I remember you were one of the people to mention the G-2's highs leading to timbral issues with classical music. I know Dale mentioned that he learned a lot when touring the Asian market which tends to prefer a much different tuning (for pop, female vocal, classical etc.). I wonder if your G-2 might be one of the first to employ an early, prototypical tuning of what Eke's been alluding to. Do you still have the same trebles issues with your new G-2?

Yes, I was not happy with the treble which was harsh and metallic with my original pair. I managed to meet Dale when he was in Hong Kong and discussed more with him 're tuning and DAP pairing etc. I also know he and Gavin (of Tralucent) had a sit down session and probably compared some notes, among other enthusiasts and industry members. Since there was some issues with my custom plating, Dale took mine back to re-plate it, and apply some of the tuning/mod I believe they had since developed after the initial batches and based on my specific feedback.

I am happy it came back with the treble fixed. I also like how it punches deeper in the subbass with a reduced midbass hump. Highly enjoyable and very comfortable to wear, and definitely look the best amongst my iems.

At $550 for the base version it is the same price as the 3DD universal and I would rate the asg2 MUCH higher and represent excellent value.

post #3853 of 5201

kkcc, what IEMs are these?

 

as regards your ASG2 i pray Dale implements these improvements in all ASG2 so i can get a better copy too¬†:L3000:‚Äč

post #3854 of 5201
I also got the old stock, it would be nice for us to be able to send it back for retuning.
post #3855 of 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I also got the old stock, it would be nice for us to be able to send it back for retuning.


Yours sounded pretty sweet though.  ;) Did you ever go ahead with pure silver upgrade cable?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)