Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 241

post #3601 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by tienbasse View Post

Actually I kinda felt bad about it (like a blackhole in my wallet), but I bargained such a nice discount on the A&K players that I ended buying th AK120 for the equivalent of 1000$ (no VAT plus 10% discount). Brand new box + perfectly legit receipt = intense satisfaction (morally, not financially!).

where did you get such a great price for ak120? I want one too smily_headphones1.gif
post #3602 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


where did you get such a great price for ak120? I want one too smily_headphones1.gif

 

Come to Hong Kong.  Folks are selling their 1 week old perfect condition AK120 for $1100..... or 2 months old also quite perfect condition ones for $1000.

post #3603 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Come to Hong Kong.  Folks are selling their 1 week old perfect condition AK120 for $1100..... or 2 months old also quite perfect condition ones for $1000.

paying flight from Europe to HK will remove all price benefits by far frown.gif

people in HK are spoiled... people in Europe are economically oppressed redface.gif
Edited by Gintaras - 9/21/13 at 9:47am
post #3604 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


paying flight from Europe to HK will remove all price benefits by far frown.gif

 

hence you need to come to HK for more than just the Headfi stuff... lol... btw those classified are done deals anyway :)  

 

On a related note we are seeing more AK120, and RWAK100, and even an RWAK100s on the FS boards locally.  Maybe I can pick up the AK120 again in a another few weeks with the leather case in a better condition than the one I sold and still have pocket change for a set of complys.... 
post #3605 of 5277
We need more people cutting up old comply tips and stuffing them in the canal that leads to the bass valve. Interesting results here but as usual I want more people to hear the same thing.
post #3606 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

We need more people cutting up old comply tips and stuffing them in the canal that leads to the bass valve. Interesting results here but as usual I want more people to hear the same thing.

Interesting... I got a bunch a comply tips that just sit there. What are we supposed to be hearing? Increased sub bass?
post #3607 of 5277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

We need more people cutting up old comply tips and stuffing them in the canal that leads to the bass valve. Interesting results here but as usual I want more people to hear the same thing.

 

Ok, I'll bite. 
 
Complies are too expensive to cut up for experiments, so I took a vertical cross section out of the tip that comes with the cheapo philips 3580 (see below)
 

 

 

I'm pretty sure I hear lessened mid-bass/more sub-bass. I say pretty sure, because there isn't much of a way to A/B this.

 

Thanks Nukeshock and Moon!

post #3608 of 5277
Interesting. Are you shoving enough material in there to fill up the entire canal, or just enough to obstruct the opening?
post #3609 of 5277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Interesting. Are you shoving enough material in there to fill up the entire canal, or just enough to obstruct the opening?

 

Hmm, good question. I'm sure there's enough down there to fill at least half the canal.
 
I'm using Nickelback's Burn It To The Ground instrumental as a test track of sorts. The kick drum seems to reverb better way down low. It's nothing drastic, as the G2 only needed a couple extra db, but it's really pleasant.
post #3610 of 5277
Thread Starter 

Note though, I have a piece of foam hanging out as a handle to reverse the mod.

 

Another test track: http://grooveshark.com/s/The+Traffic+Jam+feat+Damian+Marley/cWI6R?src=5


Edited by eke2k6 - 9/21/13 at 12:44pm
post #3611 of 5277
The cleaning tool has a great metal loop that allows you to push the foam in and pull it out. I have about half of the canal filled with old comply tip that is expanded almost fully. So it's more inserted than stuffed into the canal. All creds to Unity for this one!
post #3612 of 5277
Interesting. Reminds me of the old foam mod tips for the ol HP-MD33 to address its boxy sound. Guess the key here is knowing just how much foam to use. Gonna have a go at it later.
post #3613 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

hence you need to come to HK for more than just the Headfi stuff... lol... btw those classified are done deals anyway :)  

 

On a related note we are seeing more AK120, and RWAK100, and even an RWAK100s on the FS boards locally.  Maybe I can pick up the AK120 again in a another few weeks with the leather case in a better condition than the one I sold and still have pocket change for a set of complys.... 

 

lol someone having seller's-remorse? ;).

post #3614 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

lol someone having seller's-remorse? ;).

 

Yup.. missed the awe-stuck reaction I got at shops I got from others when I pulled out an AK120 AND and HM901 to demo stuffs...:evil:

 

DX50 just don't conjure up the same emotional shock to shopkeepers or fellow customers.  Next time maybe I'd just flash out a deck of hundreds bills (or actually thousands bills in local ccy) for the same effect!  /s  :biggrin:  But seriously Just amazed how quickly electronics depreciate.  DAPs are the worst especially we got some many new models with such short release cycle now.  My IEMs and Headphones are keeping their value much better.

post #3615 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

Yup.. missed the awe-stuck reaction I got at shops I got from others when I pulled out an AK120 AND and HM901 to demo stuffs...:evil:

 

DX50 just don't conjure up the same emotional shock to shopkeepers or fellow customers.  Next time maybe I'd just flash out a deck of hundreds bills (or actually thousands bills in local ccy) for the same effect!  /s  :biggrin:  But seriously Just amazed how quickly electronics depreciate.  DAPs are the worst especially we got some many new models with such short release cycle now.  My IEMs and Headphones are keeping their value much better.

 

I actually didn't lose much of anything on my DX100 sale and I had it for just under a year when I sold it. :D The problem more so is with DAPs that are overpriced to begin with and it makes the issue of depreciation that much worse.


Edited by lee730 - 9/21/13 at 11:42pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)