Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) - Page 126

post #1876 of 5284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

What tips are you using?

 

Not the best isolation i've had but it isn't horrible.

I tried the bi-flange and now using t-500 comply. I can hear it when I use a stapler or when the door that is on the other side of the wall of my office closes.

 

The bass on this is quite different than any IEM I've heard before. Some songs/parts sound absolutely amazing and the best I've heard but then at other parts I don't like it. Trying to figure out what it is, but at this moment I think it might be the mid-bass.

post #1877 of 5284

Actually since upgrading IEM and headphones, studio recordings of Red Hot Chili Peppers are unlistenable. The bad mastering is apparent even with moderate price / capability cans. Live in Hyde Park is fine however.

post #1878 of 5284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Depends on your point of reference. I have the Ety HF5 here, and the G2's isolation is only slightly less. For instance I can barely hear the vacuum cleaner with music playing.

 

 

 

It's Continuum for me.

 

The isolation is nothing like that for me. I feel like it was worse than the TF10. I just toss a folder across my work desk and I heard the *thud* with music playing at low-medium volume. I don't think I would have heard that with Shure.

post #1879 of 5284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc21 View Post

I tried the bi-flange and now using t-500 comply. I can hear it when I use a stapler or when the door that is on the other side of the wall of my office closes.

 

The bass on this is quite different than any IEM I've heard before. Some songs/parts sound absolutely amazing and the best I've heard but then at other parts I don't like it. Trying to figure out what it is, but at this moment I think it might be the mid-bass.

 

As far as isolation, I'd roll tips a bit. Try some single flange tips and see if you can get a solid seal on them.
I think it is the mid-bass impact, it can be a tad abrasive at first. try and turn the valve to about .25 (after the first notch).

There's definitely a different with a thorough burn in - I'm at 140 hours or so of pink noise and it's smoothed out quite a bit.


Edited by dnullify - 7/22/13 at 3:44pm
post #1880 of 5284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc21 View Post

 

The isolation is nothing like that for me. I feel like it was worse than the TF10. I just toss a folder across my work desk and I heard the *thud* with music playing at low-medium volume. I don't think I would have heard that with Shure.

 

Ok, that's not supposed to happen. Are you sure the bass port is closed or open? Turn it towards the first notch. The circle is the open position.

post #1881 of 5284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

 

As far as isolation, I'd roll tips a bit. Try some single flange tips and see if you can get a solid seal on them.
I think it is the mid-bass impact, it can be a tad abrasive at first. try and turn the valve to about .25 (after the first notch).

There's definitely a different with a thorough burn in - I'm at 140 hours or so of pink noise and it's smoothed out quite a bit.

Pretty sure my port is all the way closed. My best guess is also the mid bass impact as that was the same reason I did not like the D5000.

 

Also, it seems like the bass is better with the silicone tips vs the comply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Ok, that's not supposed to happen. Are you sure the bass port is closed or open? Turn it towards the first notch. The circle is the open position.

It's turned all the way away from that circle). It's not quite at the first notch but it won't turn anymore. 


Edited by mc21 - 7/22/13 at 3:49pm
post #1882 of 5284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc21 View Post

 

It's turned all the way away from that circle). It's not quite at the first notch but it won't turn anymore. 

 

Hmm. Is there a white notch on your bass port slider thingy? Where is it pointing?

post #1883 of 5284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Hmm. Is there a white notch on your bass port slider thingy? Where is it pointing?

Yes, and it's pointing at the first notch. Also, I tried turning it all the circle just to check but the bass sounds the same to me? Hope it's not stuck at fully open or something.

 

I can actually hear myself snapping my fingers with music playing. This doesn't seem right.


Edited by mc21 - 7/22/13 at 3:54pm
post #1884 of 5284

No that doesn't...

 

You definitely should hear a difference with the port at the circle vs the first notch. I mean, a thunderous difference.

post #1885 of 5284
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc21 View Post

Yes, and it's pointing at the first notch. Also, I tried turning it all the circle just to check but the bass sounds the same to me? Hope it's not stuck at fully open or something.

 

I can actually hear myself snapping my fingers with music playing. This doesn't seem right.

 

Ok, just checking all the bases.

 

It sounds the same? Now I'm stumped.

 

FWIW, I also hear myself snapping my fingers with the Etymotic (foam tips) here, and it has the best isolation on the planet.

post #1886 of 5284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Ok, just checking all the bases.

 

It sounds the same? Now I'm stumped.

 

FWIW, I also hear myself snapping my fingers with the Etymotic (foam tips) here, and it has the best isolation on the planet.

Maybe I've just not remembering my se535 isolation correctly. I've trying the bass port all the way open and all the way close again right now with an entire song or two instead of just a segment to make sure.

post #1887 of 5284

Okay, I take my comment back about the bass being the same. I just played a very bass heavy song and could tell the difference immediately.

 

As for the isolation, I could easily hear myself typing with no music and the bass port open. With no music and the bass port all the way closed, I could faintly hear the keys clicking but I actually had to listen for it.

 

I think it's best if I just use it as normal and see if there's any isolation problems from a practical use standpoint instead of over analyzing it like I am doing right now.

post #1888 of 5284
Hmmm... I keep messing with tips but I don't quite feel like I have a good seal.
post #1889 of 5284

Now I feel like an idiot. I just tried on my jaybird bud x (daily driver at work) and it has even worse isolation than the asg-2. From that, I think it's probably fine. I was just worried because it seem much worse than my se535 from memory and I intend to use these on the plane. Now I just have to hope the mid bass impact smooths out with some burn in and these are perfect.

post #1890 of 5284

I'd think that's normal. They're IEMs after all, not earplugs.

 

I don't have a single pair of IEMs that can block out the typing on my macbook with no music on... not even my atrio's which are inserted pretty deep.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1)