Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) - Page 292

post #4366 of 5189
Eke, I guess you should give S-EM6 more time and try with different sources. Mine sounded too warm and dark as you described with AK 120, and I do not recommend this pairing, but when I use it with Sony Z1 and Neutron they are very very good, still warm but with believable highs, marvelous mids and deep bass, a truly unique and envolving sound signature. Never appreciated warm sound until now.
post #4367 of 5189
Yaa it seems pretty disappointing... And i was rly thinking they woyld be right up my alley from what ive heard of the sound sig... But this seems rly off for a 1k iem
post #4368 of 5189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Yaa it seems pretty disappointing... And i was rly thinking they woyld be right up my alley from what ive heard of the sound sig... But this seems rly off for a 1k iem

 

 

Yeah, it's really not what I was expecting. Still, I'd recommend hearing for yourself if you can. I definitely wouldn't pay anything close to $1k for these. Not even $500.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post

Eke, I guess you should give S-EM6 more time and try with different sources. Mine sounded too warm and dark as you described with AK 120, and I do not recommend this pairing, but when I use it with Sony Z1 and Neutron they are very very good, still warm but with believable highs, marvelous mids and deep bass, a truly unique and envolving sound signature. Never appreciated warm sound until now.

 

I did try with a few tips and sources. The result was still within similar parameters.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post
 
 

I'm very clearly anthropomorphizing here but that photo is unbearably adorable. Like "awwwwww!" Sweet. Like childhood friends.

Btw, your G2 looks sick Eke. You did a fantastic job there.
 

Ha, that's what I was going for.

 

:beerchug: Thanks man. I was surprised how it came out. I was expecting the shell to be clear under all that, but the black faceplate was a pleasant surprise.

post #4369 of 5189

Nice impressions eke!

But I think you have a unique sense of hearing though haha, always nice to hear new opinions though

post #4370 of 5189

I think Eke has just found his perfect match in the ASG-2. The one(s) he loves for what she(?)/they(?) are. Where the unique signature and its flaws just adds to the passion and deep understanding of the mutual pleasure of simply being a dependable life companion.

post #4371 of 5189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Nice impressions eke!

But I think you have a unique sense of hearing though haha, always nice to hear new opinions though

 

What's unique about it?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post
 

I think Eke has just found his perfect match in the ASG-2. The one(s) he loves for what she(?)/they(?) are. Where the unique signature and its flaws just adds to the passion and deep understanding of the mutual pleasure of simply being a dependable life companion.

 

 

It's not that, really. It's just that top-tier IEMs feel a bit stagnant to me now. I was telling a friend the other day that I don't think there'll be any drastic improvements in SQ over the current crop until there's an improvement in technology. Otherwise, it's all just tuning and preference.

post #4372 of 5189
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


It's not that, really. It's just that top-tier IEMs feel a bit stagnant to me now. I was telling a friend the other day that I don't think there'll be any drastic improvements in SQ over the current crop until there's an improvement in technology. Otherwise, it's all just tuning and preference.

+1

There's already cool stuff like this. Here's to new earphone audio tech in 2014. Cheers!
post #4373 of 5189
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

+1

There's already cool stuff like this. Here's to new earphone audio tech in 2014. Cheers!
Cool!! But I though a watch has already been able to do that quite sometime haha
post #4374 of 5189
Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post

Eke, I guess you should give S-EM6 more time and try with different sources. Mine sounded too warm and dark as you described with AK 120, and I do not recommend this pairing, but when I use it with Sony Z1 and Neutron they are very very good, still warm but with believable highs, marvelous mids and deep bass, a truly unique and envolving sound signature. Never appreciated warm sound until now.

 

I do have to agree, I didn't hear the S-EM6 as overly warm, and mine are the ones that Eke has borrowed for the comparison.

The SD3 are certainly warmer.

I thought the S-em6 works really well with the iBasso DX50 and the HDP R10. Excellent sound, to my ears anyway, and because of the size, a good fit and comfortable to wear, unlike some earphones out there, all make it a winner in my book.

Eke, I respect your opinion, but I hear it different (or at least remember hearing it different).

 

As for the Noble 6 comparison I completely agree, both are very similar.

Thanks for taking the time to write up your views.

 

Cheers :beerchug:

post #4375 of 5189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post
 

 

I do have to agree, I didn't hear the S-EM6 as overly warm, and mine are the ones that Eke has borrowed for the comparison.

The SD3 are certainly warmer.

I thought the S-em6 works really well with the iBasso DX50 and the HDP R10. Excellent sound, to my ears anyway, and because of the size, a good fit and comfortable to wear, unlike some earphones out there, all make it a winner in my book.

Eke, I respect your opinion, but I hear it different (or at least remember hearing it different).

 

As for the Noble 6 comparison I completely agree, both are very similar.

Thanks for taking the time to write up your views.

 

Cheers :beerchug:

 

No worries, C. We all hear differently, for different reasons :beerchug:

post #4376 of 5189

is someone touring the S EM6 around?

post #4377 of 5189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

is someone touring the S EM6 around?

 

Not to my knowledge, no.

post #4378 of 5189

ah... carlsan said he tried the same S EM6 you were trying so i thought maybe... ah well haha

post #4379 of 5189
Thread Starter 

Hyyybrid waarrssss! XBA-H3 here! Will add it and the K3003 when the latter arrives.

 

post #4380 of 5189

Looking forward to your H3 thoughts.  

 

Ahh, I miss the EX1000 bass...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6)