Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) - Page 28

post #406 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Sweet! Thanks for the initial impressions. It seems they actually line up with mine, despite our differing preferences.

I'm just curious if you think they are in the same technical ballpark.

 

You bet! And right now, no I don't think they are in the same ballpark technically.I find the imaging, soundstage, transparency and texture of the 1p2 a step up from the G-2. 

 

I just busted out my FI-BA-SS. And it's right in between the G-2 and 1p2 in mid coloration, with the 1p2 being less colored. 

 

I did some quick listen with my Heaven VI, and the mids are a bit more thick on the Heavens, but not a whole lot. The Heaven Vi as you know has those Fad mids, thick and rich. It's my opinion the G-2 is a pretty colored phone. If I'm going to go that colored, I might as well go with the Heaven magic. But liking coloration is definitely a matter of preference. 

 

The 1p2 for me does things nothing else can. But it's too much on brightly mastered stuff, which a lot of it I like. So, I am going to need a pair of G-2! But if I had to pick one, 1p2 for sure, right now. 


Edited by SoundFreaq - 6/6/13 at 8:29pm
post #407 of 5048

This thread has made me want to look into Flat-4 and Final Audio Design products... 

 

I really hate this site sometimes. I really think that Flat-4 and the ASG-2 will be all I need based on what I've read for a while though. ASG-2 suits my sound preferences, and the Flat-4 would be my analytical IEM, which I've been looking for. I've been told several would fit the bill, but considering that it seems that eke and I share some of the same preferences, I'd go with his word on this one. How much I'd use it, I don't know, but I feel like it is something I need to have in my collection.

post #408 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

I really think that [a couple of IEMs] will be all I need based on what I've read for a while though.

The famous last words of many a wallet here.
Edited by vwinter - 6/6/13 at 8:50pm
post #409 of 5048
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 

You bet! And right now, no I don't think they are in the same ballpark technically.I find the imaging, soundstage, transparency and texture of the 1p2 a step up from the G-2. 

 

 

 

Interesting...

 

I actually found them to be dead even in soundstage size using my binaural test tracks. I do find the 1P2 to create a better image, thanks to its treble clarity. Transparency is where I feel the G2 actually takes it, along with texture. For me, transparency goes beyond notes and clarity, it includes things like dynamic range, natural decay, etc. I feel as if the G2 captured the little hills and valleys of the recording better than the 1P2. My experience with the TG334 late in 2012 actually expanded my listening horizons. I was so confused by this iem that was thick, heavy, and seemingly slow, yet could pull the soul out of a track.

 

As for texture, I feel like the G2's more forward midrange gives it the edge here, allowing for more visceral texturing. Still, this is only your first night with the G2. Maybe, as you grow accustomed to the sound sig, you'll come over to the dark sidedt880smile.png

post #410 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


The famous last words of many a wallet here.

 

Which is why I said for a while... It will never be enough... Eventually I'll upgrade and get more, but for the greater majority of things I listen to... I think that will hold me until I get a job and have a more disposable income.

post #411 of 5048

Those Flat4's are a special animal. Try to demo before buying. I know that's hard, but worth it. 

post #412 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Those Flat4's are a special animal. Try to demo before buying. I know that's hard, but worth it. 

 

It won't happen anytime soon. Perhaps Dimitri will come back for the fall NY Head-fi meet and I can entice him to bring a pair along. It will be a niche IEM for me. I'll probably get a brighter supraaural to replace my TMA-1 (which I plan on getting rid of) before I get that IEM. I plan on upgrading to the ASG-2 by the end of the month. Depending on my paycheck and how much I need to throw at my student loans perhaps next week.

post #413 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post

As it stands right now:

 

Sennheiser IE80

Aurisonics Asg-2
Sennheiser IE8

Ath-cks1000
Westone 3

JVC-fxz200

Sony xb90ex
Westone UM3X

Sennheiser IE800

JVC fx700
Atrio M5
Denon C300
 

From http://www.head-fi.org/t/454855/rank-the-iems-youve-heard/525#post_9499951

 

Sennheiser IE80 is rated higher than Aurisonics ASG-2. May I know why please?

 

Sennheiser IE800 maybe more preferred to Aurisonics ASG-2, but Sennheiser IE80?

post #414 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

 Still, this is only your first night with the G2. Maybe, as you grow accustomed to the sound sig, you'll come over to the dark sidedt880smile.png

 

 Ha! Absolutely. First night in is just the beginning. 

post #415 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post

 

From http://www.head-fi.org/t/454855/rank-the-iems-youve-heard/525#post_9499951

 

Sennheiser IE80 is rated higher than Aurisonics ASG-2. May I know why please?

 

Sennheiser IE800 maybe more preferred to Aurisonics ASG-2, but Sennheiser IE80?

Because 5 people (sic) have heard the ASG-2, whereas 30,000 have heard the IE80 - there's strength in numbers.

post #416 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post

 

From http://www.head-fi.org/t/454855/rank-the-iems-youve-heard/525#post_9499951

 

Sennheiser IE80 is rated higher than Aurisonics ASG-2. May I know why please?

 

Sennheiser IE800 maybe more preferred to Aurisonics ASG-2, but Sennheiser IE80?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Because 5 people (sic) have heard the ASG-2, whereas 30,000 have heard the IE80 - there's strength in numbers.

 

I'm interested to know why since quite a number of users here own ASG-2, IE80 and IE800. And why he still preferred IE80 over ASG-2?

post #417 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post

 

 

I'm interested to know why since quite a number of users here own ASG-2, IE80 and IE800. And why he still preferred IE80 over ASG-2?

If that's the case - as an owner of both the IE8 and IE80 (which, I admit I love) I would be interested in the answer.

post #418 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Interesting...

I actually found them to be dead even in soundstage size using my binaural test tracks. I do find the 1P2 to create a better image, thanks to its treble clarity. Transparency is where I feel the G2 actually takes it, along with texture. For me, transparency goes beyond notes and clarity, it includes things like dynamic range, natural decay, etc. I feel as if the G2 captured the little hills and valleys of the recording better than the 1P2. My experience with the TG334 late in 2012 actually expanded my listening horizons. I was so confused by this iem that was thick, heavy, and seemingly slow, yet could pull the soul out of a track.

As for texture, I feel like the G2's more forward midrange gives it the edge here, allowing for more visceral texturing. Still, this is only your first night with the G2. Maybe, as you grow accustomed to the sound sig, you'll come over to the dark sidedt880smile.png

I agree Eke. Especially in regards to the 334's initially confounding nature. As Shane mentioned, I was more shocked by how I WASN'T shocked by its sig. It's something that slowly wins you over. I think I'm with Kyuu in that I'm likely just gonna settle on the G-2/Flat-4 as my two phone combo. The 334 doesn't actually provide me with more aural pleasure than the Flat-4, just a different kind. As Eke mentioned, I'm really starting to feel extreme diminishing returns where I can't justify an $800 increase in price for something I can easily live without.

Chris - awesome impressions man! As we both know, a phone's sig can be pretty deceptive at the get go, give it some time and I'm thinking the G-2 will really grow on you. I see from your impressions that it isn't as polarizing as the Flat-4 from the onset, so it's already off to a good start I'd say smily_headphones1.gif
post #419 of 5048
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post

 

 

I'm interested to know why since quite a number of users here own ASG-2, IE80 and IE800. And why he still preferred IE80 over ASG-2?

 

I'm personally more interested as to why the IE800 and FX700 are so low on the list.

post #420 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

I'm personally more interested as to why the IE800 and FX700 are so low on the list.

too bassy? And also, FX700 has laid back midrange and bad isolation.

I'm pretty sure it's just preference to the sound signature instead of purely sound quality wise. Imagine they are eq'ed to a similar sound signature, the ranks will probably differ.

I've just heard the K3003 and ultrasone IQ. I honestly don't think those IEMs are any better than FX700 or PFE 232 purely from sound quality wise.

It's mostly just preference of the presentation of the IEMs, how the bass/midrange/treble comes in together as a whole for a song.


Edited by Mini0510 - 6/6/13 at 10:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6)