Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) - Page 128

post #1906 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

What option is that ? Chrome plated or black rhodium ? Where did you buy them from. Can you give them to me for free and thank me for taking them away?

Good question. I'm actually confused myself. I ordered the chrome with clear polished shell. But the plate looked a lot darker and less shiny than chrome plates I saw from other pics. It looks more black rhodium than chrome to me.... below is pic with a mirror to illustrate how "black" it is:



Too bad I can't compare it with another pair of chrome locally. Well, maybe I forgot somewhere along the process I paid more to further upgrade...... biggrin.gif
Edited by kkcc - 7/23/13 at 2:59am
post #1907 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Good question. I'm actually confused myself. I ordered the chrome with clear polished shell. But the shell looked a lot darker and less shiny than chrome plates I saw from other pics. It looks more black rhodium than chrome to me.... below is pic with a mirror to illustrate how "black" it is:



Too bad I can't compare it with another pair of chrome locally. Well, maybe I forgot somewhere along the process I paid more to further upgrade...... biggrin.gif

That does look a lot like my old black rhodium pair. Just like it actually only with paint on the letters. I have pics further back.
post #1908 of 5034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

What a nice surprise! Didn't expect to receive these today... but it is smaller than I saw from earlier pics?

 

 

Congrats!

 

I'm curious how it would sound with your W4 balanced cable and amp.

post #1909 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Good question. I'm actually confused myself. I ordered the chrome with clear polished shell. But the plate looked a lot darker and less shiny than chrome plates I saw from other pics. It looks more black rhodium than chrome to me.... below is pic with a mirror to illustrate how "black" it is:



Too bad I can't compare it with another pair of chrome locally. Well, maybe I forgot somewhere along the process I paid more to further upgrade...... biggrin.gif
So how does the giant killer sound? Better than 1plus2 and 334 combined with strawberries on top and naked ladies coming out of it?
post #1910 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


So how does the giant killer sound? Better than 1plus2 and 334 combined with strawberries on top and naked ladies coming out of it?

Monsieur Monchichi, would you please read the first page of this thread?
tongue.gif

post #1911 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Monsieur Monchichi, would you please read the first page of this thread?
tongue.gif
I am kidding of course. I am sure they are great and will hopefully get a loaner this summer...
post #1912 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I am kidding of course. I am sure they are great and will hopefully get a loaner this summer...

I knew you were kidding. How could one not write such a comment? After all we are speaking about the most hyped IEM in this price range!
I don't have high hopes to get a loaner here in Germany but...hope dies last!

Really excited about all the upcoming impressions/reviews!

post #1913 of 5034
I don't know. The G1 threads were pretty crazy but not really seeing the same with the G2 threads. In comparison the Flat 4 threads are much more active. At least it's not like the RE400/600 thread drama.
post #1914 of 5034
Some drama is good sometimes...gets things in perspective wink.gif as long as it is not a graph crusade.
post #1915 of 5034

That's cause the songbird is holdin down the fort all by his ownsome. It's like an echo chamber in there :l 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 I love the F-4

post #1916 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I don't know. The G1 threads were pretty crazy but not really seeing the same with the G2 threads. In comparison the Flat 4 threads are much more active. At least it's not like the RE400/600 thread drama.

 

Not quite. This thread was started 2 months ago and is already 128 pages long (with 60,577 views). By contrast, the only truly active Flat4 thread (the KAEDE thread) was started 8.5 months ago and is 61 pages long (with 27,675 views), and in the last few weeks it's been practically a single person who's been keeping it active.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/23/13 at 12:01pm
post #1917 of 5034
Sound update after rolling more tips and listening to more tracks;

Good:
Mids
Non-fatiguing highs
No driver flex (Just as u said Andy)

Not so great:
Lows

Aldo the port does its job of increasing bass, it is not to me pleasant. Because it carries other parts of the frequency with it, and because the increase to the bass is more of a bloom increase then anything, the port is a bit useless. It really seems rather loose compared to the GR07's. I want to close it completely but would like more bass with some dubstep tracks for example.

I tested to see if I'm just being a basshead by increasing volume to more then I'm comfortable with levels.


^my limit

Even at this point, the bass sounds flabby when opening the ports too far(more then barely open). It's not that their isn't enough bass range in the port(there is) but that the way it's increased is not particularly liked. I rather have the v GR07 bass quantity if the quality suffers this much with increase. I think ekes post on the port is right on the money:



I went in wondering if I would like this, I did not, lol.

I have to say that for the price, I would personally be content with GR07 BE's after trying these. They are for sure a noticeable improvement over BE's(with port closed-to-barely open) but how much you value the difference will vary by individual.

My experience is reminding me more of gnarlsagan's and audionewbi's impressions. I might just sell them and stick with my GR07's forever. Or keep them as a testament to my love for eke.... never forget you fruend....


As for the cosmetic issues, hand assembled/painted or not, I should expect better craftsmanship and I stand by that post. I might let it go also, only to not deal with shipping them back, but it is still an issue worth mentioning. I also just noticed the port on the right side doesn't turn completely to the closed notch.

Getting ready to send them off for more experience peeps to dissect them.

I'll keep messing with them until I ship. As I finish writing this, I want to say ports closed seems like the winner. A shame really as it kind of defeats the purpose of having it.

YMMV.

Edit: Just want to note Andy is now aware of my finish issues and offering assistance.

Edit 2: Note I felt like this during my entire time with the ASG 2's


Edited by UnityIsPower - 8/4/13 at 11:57am
post #1918 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post



As for the cosmetic issues, hand assembled/painted or not, I should expect better craftsmanship and I stand by that post. I might let it go also, only to not deal with shipping them back, but it is still an issue worth mentioning. I also just noticed the port on the right side doesn't turn completely to the closed notch.

Getting ready to send them off for more experience peeps to dissect them.

I'll keep messing with them until I ship. As I finish writing this, I want to say ports closed seems like the winner. A shame really as it kind of defeats the purpose of having it.

YMMV.

 

I personally have no issues with slight cosmetic issues with hand painted things. No one is perfect as a machine. But that is just me...

 

As for the bolded part, Mine is the same way, but it isn't so much as it doesn't close all the way to the notch as the notches are slightly off. If you open them all the way, they should also go slightly over the last notch. These are relatively small issues to me. I bought these more for the sound than anything. However I do understand that they are issues none the less.

 

For me though... The lows are perfect when opened just a bit, but no more than half way between the first and second notch. After that, it becomes too much. I could see that being effective if I was behind a drum set on stage. But that's about it. Between second and third I think is passable. It is definitely more bloat than I'd like, but I can definitely see some people liking it. 

 

I will say that if they do the cross valve mod and make it so that the subbass is affected rather than midbass, I'll enjoy these more. 

post #1919 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I don't know. The G1 threads were pretty crazy but not really seeing the same with the G2 threads. In comparison the Flat 4 threads are much more active. At least it's not like the RE400/600 thread drama.

 

Not many own these and I for one am still waiting for additional ASG-2 vs SD3 comparisons.

 

Besides post count is meaningless. 99% of the SE846 thread is pointless "so expensive blah blah" and of no archival value. The sooner a new impressions thread is created when they do finally come out the better!

post #1920 of 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Not quite. This thread was started 2 months ago and is already 128 pages long (with 60,577 views). By contrast, the only truly active Flat4 thread (the KAEDE thread) was started 8.5 months ago and is 61 pages long (with 27,675 views), and in the last few weeks it's been practically a single person who's been keeping it active.

Perhaps a bad comparison but I still don't think the asg-2 is in hype territory. Active threads don't equal hype. Lots of reasoned and varied impressions and experiences so far, especially with recent deliveries, producing good info and feedback. If the drama and hype from the old G1 threads resurfaces, then I wouldn't be posting here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6)