or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 48

post #706 of 6767
Thread Starter 
It was starting to feel like I was the only one parroting about the ASG-2, so I combed through the thread this morning and compiled all the impressions and comparisons that were posted here by others. I'll add it to the first post, below the original review, and keep it updated s more roll in.
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/45#post_9458027

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/60#post_9458505

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/60#post_9458747

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/90#post_9461420

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/345#post_9498847

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/360#post_9500547

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/375#post_9500737

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/390#post_9504321

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/405#post_9504463

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/420#post_9505119

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/420#post_9506756

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/465#post_9511701

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/480#post_9512133

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/615#post_9519819

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/630#post_9520576
post #707 of 6767

Thank you, that really helped me, I finish reading till page 20 reading every post, this makes my job a lot easier. 

post #708 of 6767

anyone able to compare the ASG-2 with K3003? Thanks.

post #709 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

anyone able to compare the ASG-2 with K3003? Thanks.

There's just no pleasing some people. tongue.gif
post #710 of 6767
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

anyone able to compare the ASG-2 with K3003? Thanks.

James444 did a comparison between the 1Plus2 and K3003, and found them to be very much alike. I guess you could use my and SoundFreaq's respective comparisons to come to a primitive conclusion.
post #711 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


There's just no pleasing some people. tongue.gif

If I did not have borrowed the money I would have purchased with minimum research, wish I win the lotto some day, if I win big I promise I spend a good 20 K on give away on head-fi.

 

I am stuck in between cardas ears speaker and ASG-2. From cardas FR chart it seems to be a bass monster with low treble detail which suggest why ASG-2 is the better option. 


Edited by audionewbi - 6/15/13 at 8:02am
post #712 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

If I did not have borrowed the money I would have purchased with minimum research, wish I win the lotto some day, if I win big I promise I spend a good 20 K on give away on head-fi.

I am stuck in between cardas ears speaker and ASG-2. From cardas FR chart it seems to be a bass monster with low treble detail which suggest ASG-2 why is the better option. 

I was honestly truly joking. smile.gif

It's tough when all you have are FR graphs to go decide upon. Sometimes they sound exactly like it looks and sometimes they don't because there are lots of other factors involved. Are you in a particular hurry? Because I'm sure someone around here will get the Cardas Ear Mirror sooner than later and post about it.
post #713 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


I was honestly truly joking. smile.gif

It's tough when all you have are FR graphs to go decide upon. Sometimes they sound exactly like it looks and sometimes they don't because there are lots of other factors involved. Are you in a particular hurry? Because I'm sure someone around here will get the Cardas Ear Mirror sooner than later and post about it.

I am not in hurry but patient is not one of my virtues :-D

post #714 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

If I did not have borrowed the money I would have purchased with minimum research, wish I win the lotto some day, if I win big I promise I spend a good 20 K on give away on head-fi.

 

I am stuck in between cardas ears speaker and ASG-2. From cardas FR chart it seems to be a bass monster with low treble detail which suggest why ASG-2 is the better option. 


Uhh, Cardas is a terrible shyster and his ear speakers reportedly have no treble. Don't buy anything from him, ever.

 

Problem solved!

post #715 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post


Uhh, Cardas is a terrible shyster and his ear speakers reportedly have no treble. Don't buy anything from him, ever.

Problem solved!
thanks I think I can place my order tomorrow with more confidence
Edited by audionewbi - 6/15/13 at 8:28am
post #716 of 6767
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post


Uhh, Cardas is a terrible shyster and his ear speakers reportedly have no treble. Don't buy anything from him, ever.

Problem solved!

You should probably put an emoticon somewhere in there...
post #717 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


You should probably put an emoticon somewhere in there...

 

What if he is serious biggrin.gif

post #718 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post

Hi Audionewbi, who's your favorite living sarodiya? I like Brij Narayan, he is excellent.

For the issues of hearing protection on the stage, you actually have it backwards. Musicians tend to turn up their monitors to hear/feel the bass against the background roar. A vented dynamic driver bass, which has air moving for a real bass energy, allows the musician to have this bass feel at a lower overall volume. That means the treble, which is where hearing loss and hearing fatigue tends to most often occur, is also lower.

Interestingly, isolation alone doesn't seem to lead musicians to turn down their volume, although it's part of the picture.

These points come from my discussions with ciems manufacturers who focus on building ciems for stage use.

An armature custom with spikes at 5khz for fatigue and damage and bass that lacks the moving air of real bass energy-leading musicians to turn up the volume to try to get what they are missing is a recipe for hearing damage. That's part of the reason why the new jh13fp, for example, which is being reviewed as even brighter than its predecessor, may be well reviewed by brightness loving audiophiles, but is possibly a big mistake for a stage musician. This is only some informed speculation, of course.

It's interesting.

+1

post #719 of 6767

I've just place my order from the Australian seller who had the clear frost one in stock. I am assuming that down the track when I had the cash I can possibly get the cosmetic face plates added without any problem, is it a correct assumption?

 

From the pictures it seems like the face plate are simply screwed in. 

 

I like to thank the thread started for this thread, from the impression I have read in this thread ASG-2 should be just what I need to bring my string based music and chamber music to life. The only thing which I am a bit worried is the forward vocal.

post #720 of 6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I've just place my order from the Australian seller who had the clear frost one in stock. I am assuming that down the track when I had the cash I can possibly get the cosmetic face plates added without any problem, is it a correct assumption?

 

From the pictures it seems like the face plate are simply screwed in. 

 

I like to thank the thread started for this thread, from the impression I have read in this thread ASG-2 should be just what I need to bring my string based music and chamber music to life. The only thing which I am a bit worried is the forward vocal.

 

Audionewbi, i am very curious to hear your impressions about ASG-2 with AK120, i can see all positive responses but have not seen someone with AK commenting on them.

NB: AK is not Kalashnikov but is Astell&Kern :-D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)