or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 36

post #526 of 6727

I believe I read somewhere (on the other Aurisonics thread, I think) that Dale had said he'd made some changes to the material used in the clear sleeves to reduce or eliminate yellowing... and I think that earwax would stand out really badly on the black, no matter how much you clean your ears! (Just an assumption though, never tried it). As for pricing, I know that it's considered a custom order, but I'm not sure exactly what the price difference would be... Drop 'em an email and I'm sure they'll get you the info though. Very friendly guys in my experience ;)

post #527 of 6727
How would it look completely clear/polished?
post #528 of 6727

Flysweep posted some pics of his polished-sleeve G-2 here, although they have a different plate. Sexified. 

post #529 of 6727

I've been following this thread for a bit and am excited to say I should have my AS-2's back from a re-fit tomorrow, along with the ASG-2.  My son already loves looking for the mail truck so stalking to postman should be a fairly easy task wink.gif  

 

As for earwax and the black/stealth finish - a small amount of earwax doesn't stand out as badly as you might think it would.  

post #530 of 6727

Awesome, man!!! I'd be interested to hear any comparisons to the PFE 232 when  you get them tongue_smile.gif

post #531 of 6727
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post

I've been following this thread for a bit and am excited to say I should have my AS-2's back from a re-fit tomorrow, along with the ASG-2.  My son already loves looking for the mail truck so stalking to postman should be a fairly easy task wink.gif  

 

As for earwax and the black/stealth finish - a small amount of earwax doesn't stand out as badly as you might think it would.  

 

Sweet! I'm glad you'll finally have it back. Have you decided what to do with the G2 yet?

 

PM sent.

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

Awesome, man!!! I'd be interested to hear any comparisons to the PFE 232 when  you get them tongue_smile.gif

 

 

 

38x38px-ZC-edd2ed6c_MeControlXXLUserTile.jpeg
eke2k6
Jun 4, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Oh, I forgot you had a pair!

 

I don't remember reading any impressions from you about it. How do you like it?


Jun 4, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I love them!  Depending on the album/track some vocals can almost be a little too present (mostly Adele) but I just think Dale did a great job with them.  My bone with acoustic guitar (or any string instrument for that matter) is that they always sound processed and with the AS-2 it sounds like the person is playing the instrument right next to me and I can hear the timbre and overtones on the strings. Funny enough, before I had touched the AS-2 I was really nervous about selling my 232's and until about a month ago they were in a sealed box (warranty exchange).  I opened them so I could do a comparison and the 2's blow them out of the water.

 

Did you hear the Westone 4?  It might sound crazy but the AS-2 remind me of them but with much more clarity and soundstage.  I think I listened at one point for 2-3 hours straight and had no fatigue issues at all and only took them out because I had to be somewhere, lol. 

post #532 of 6727
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Sweet! I'm glad you'll finally have it back. Have you decided what to do with the G2 yet?

 

 

I'm actually really excited about having the custom and non-custom version of this one.  There might be times when listening to customs isn't ideal - especially if I need to take them out quickly -  so it works out really well.  I've also started training for a full marathon (did I mention I'm a little crazy??) so I am contemplating giving the G2 a shot while running.  I think that would make an upcoming 16-mile treadmill run 100x more enjoyable.  

post #533 of 6727
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post

I'm actually really excited about having the custom and non-custom version of this one.  There might be times when listening to customs isn't ideal - especially if I need to take them out quickly -  so it works out really well.  I've also started training for a full marathon (did I mention I'm a little crazy??) so I am contemplating giving the G2 a shot while running.  I think that would make an upcoming 16-mile treadmill run 100x more enjoyable.  

 

eek.gif

 

I agree that the universal would be better, because the custom's bone conduction would amplify your footsteps.

post #534 of 6727

this review left me scratching my head.

 

i listened to 1+2 and RDBv1 at lengths and i cannot agree to the conclusions in this review. i have not heard the other IEMs in this review so i am curious may be to do so in future.

the source i use is RWAK+T1 amp. i also know at least about one headfier who sold his TG!334 and kept 1+2.

 

the selection of sources in this review is also interesting, Clip and iphone4? ok, Clip is highly acclaimed cheaper source but i doubt this will be anywhere close to C3 leave alone my RWAK and using a good amp with them i am sure will leave both Clip and iphone4 biting the dust. excuse me but did you ever tried to pair some great megabuck loudspeakers with some average cambridge audio source? and what? i know a few examples when people had excellent loudspeakers but never could appreciate them because of the wrong source. at least one my friend was nearly crying loud when he heard his loudspeakers after changing his source to the one i recommended him.

 

so... hm.... i would be very curious how all these IEMs would sound with AK120 or RWAK or Terra or Ibasso DAPs... i just cannot believe that me (rather new to headfi but experienced with high-end) and a handful of reputable headiers were so wrong in our impressions about 1+2 or RDBv1.

 

so i disagree with the comparison section while i cannot comment on review itself.

 

NB: have you tried to pair MBL Strahlradiators with Cambridge Audio??? try it... you will understand my points much better then biggrin.gif


Edited by Gintaras - 6/12/13 at 12:03am
post #535 of 6727
The clip is a neutral dap. The fact that you consider the terra a better dap with its rolled off treble and high OI shows you know little about this stuff. Do you know how OI affects FR?
post #536 of 6727
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

The clip is a neutral dap. The fact that you consider the terra a better dap with its rolled off treble and high OI shows you know little about this stuff. Do you know how OI affects FR?

 

i know what OI and FR means and this is why i went for RWAK instead of AK but i also believe my ears rather than only specs on paper. also if AK or Terra or even C3 would not be better sounding i doubt so many people would be upgrading from Clip... all i can say is RWAK or Terra are surely better sounding than Clips, Cowons or C3 which i still have in my possession.

post #537 of 6727
Lol not to mention the AK120 is a disaster in IMD. Goes to show you how a shinny price tag can give off a clouded image of sound. Clip and iPhones use good DACs not only that but they are well implemented, they will lack power with certain headphones, but not IEMs.

They aren't better, just different. Maybe the 1plus2 likes resistance thus sounds better with high OI, but then the zip can surpass it with 33 ohms added
Edited by Inks - 6/12/13 at 12:21am
post #538 of 6727

links, what are your comparisons? i love Apple products and have many of them in my house but i never liked iPods and iPhones... mind this i have iPhone4, 4S, iPhone5, Touch 4, iPad3 and 4 ... so i did my comparisons and conclusion was never in favor of Apple.

 

i still do not have AK120 since more temptations down the road and i do not want to stack on single brand only, mind this i find RWAK to be fairly decent player, not perfect but better than many from competition i heard and used.

 

LoL... yes, more LoL if you wish.

post #539 of 6727
Those who stick with a Clip+ because it measures well have every right too, however those who stick with a Clip+ and assume they''re getting the most detail, soundstage, separation and high fidelity sound experience extracted from ther IEM's are absolutely kidding themselves. I think everyone would like a perfect measuring player myself included, but that doesn't stop me trying other DAP''s, which you can see the list on my profile. The Clip+ is very average and lacks detail and soundstage. I'm not about to get into any measurement wars about this or even remotely interested in what the OP used. D what you want, discuss until the cows home about it. I listen with my ears and know to well the Clip+'s limitations, it doesn't stop me using it out and about, but for serious listening those who rely on one will never move forward.
post #540 of 6727
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Those who stick with a Clip+ because it measures well have every right too, however those who stick with a Clip+ and assume they''re getting the most detail, soundstage, separation and high fidelity sound experience extracted from ther IEM's are absolutely kidding themselves. I think everyone would like a perfect measuring player myself included, but that doesn't stop me trying other DAP''s, which you can see the list on my profile. The Clip+ is very average and lacks detail and soundstage. I'm not about to get into any measurement wars about this or even remotely interested in what the OP used. D what you want, discuss until the cows home about it. I listen with my ears and know to well the Clip+'s limitations, it doesn't stop me using it out and about, but for serious listening those who rely on one will never move forward.


Well said H20. I totally agree. I had many Sansa products and loved how they sounded beginning with e280 V2 (same as Sansa Fuze chip). But I've come a long way from that and my iphone4. While the iphone4 is the best ipod I've heard to date I still do not see it as the holy grail for portable audio. In terms of convenience it surely is one of the best if not the best. In terms of sound. Not a chance ;).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)