or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 319

post #4771 of 6782
Oh wow, so quite a bit HAS changed then. New dynamic and new BAs. Very interesting! I'm curious whether the upper midrange has been filled in more
post #4772 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

The original has insanely long ear guides. Would be interesting to know just whay happened between the 2 and the 2.5. If the main difference is a new cable I'd be very disappointed. But still relieved because I can save my upcoming money smily_headphones1.gif

Aurisonics told me they switched it out for a smaller 14.2mm driver and had it retuned so I think there should be a difference. I have never owned the original version but hopefully it will be better lol.

post #4773 of 6782

Is it just me or do others find the product intervals a little annoying and somewhat confusing (from ASG1, 1.1, 1.2,1.3; ASG-2, and now ASG-2.5)?

 

If the sound signature and/or physical components has changed, why not go up the full version?  It'll sure help that, "Do I have the latest version, do I?" voice in the head.

 

And before anyone throws down a troll card, I've owned all the ASG1 series as well as being an early adopter when it was the FOTM, heard the ASG-2, own the AS-2, and waiting on the Rockets to blast off to my doorsteps.

post #4774 of 6782

I don't think the reps from AS would mind so I'll quote some of the differences explained to me:

 

"The current revision (the 2.5) is still very similar to the last model. The major difference in the sound is that the highs are a little less "shouty", and a bit more comfortable for most people. The low end is still there, and of course, you still have the adjustable bass port to increase or decrease it to your liking." 

 

To date the ASG-2 was my favorite IEM and then I sold it to try new IEMs to soothe my curiosity.  When I was ready to return to the ASG-2 I then learned of this Rockets IEM but was too late on the Kickstarter project.  I was going to pick up a used ASG-2 and then I leanred of this ASG2.5.  X5 should be here in about 2 weeks.  For me X5 + ASG2.5 = done & done :beerchug:.  I probably have a hundred pages of thread to read during my hiatus from the ASG-2 lineup.  Lets see what you all have been talking about in regards to the ASG-2 ;)....tip rolling, cables, etc.

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

The original has insanely long ear guides. Would be interesting to know just whay happened between the 2 and the 2.5. If the main difference is a new cable I'd be very disappointed. But still relieved because I can save my upcoming money smily_headphones1.gif
post #4775 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha421 View Post
 

Is it just me or do others find the product intervals a little annoying and somewhat confusing (from ASG1, 1.1, 1.2,1.3; ASG-2, and now ASG-2.5)?

 

If the sound signature and/or physical components has changed, why not go up the full version?  It'll sure help that, "Do I have the latest version, do I?" voice in the head.

 

And before anyone throws down a troll card, I've owned all the ASG1 series as well as being an early adopter when it was the FOTM, heard the ASG-2, own the AS-2, and waiting on the Rockets to blast off to my doorsteps.

 

I agree but I also think this has been taken out of context by vendors and here on headfi.  I joined this starting at the ASG2 so I have no idea what happened before, but the 2.5 was just supposed to be a slight upgrade to the existing ASG2, not different enough to warrant a brand new product like an ASG3 if you will.  Audeze did the same thing with their LCD2 if I remember correctly.  I think many headphone companies do it but dont tell the public so this type of thinking doesnt pop up with certainty.  I think the vendors seem to be on different pages about what is going on and telling different headfier/customers different things that they are hearing.  Think of the 2.5 just like the LCD2.2.  It will replace current and future ASG2 sales with the newer model, it wont be run side by side with the original 2.

post #4776 of 6782
Finally the ASG2.5 is officially listed on Aurisonics website!
post #4777 of 6782
Anymore expression on the new 2.5. Please
post #4778 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

Finally the ASG2.5 is officially listed on Aurisonics website!

Indeed! Interesting, says ask for price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Anymore expression on the new 2.5. Please

I should receive mine within the next two days!

post #4779 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post

Indeed! Interesting, says ask for price.

I should receive mine within the next two days!
Awaiting your impressions and off with the H300! biggrin.gif
post #4780 of 6782

This looks very interesting, looking forward to seeing impressions as I am in the market for a new iem.

post #4781 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


Awaiting your impressions and off with the H300! biggrin.gif

Nice!
I too await comparisons with the H300 :)
I'm sure they will be very different signature wise

 

Wish ASG2.5 amps up the treble region though whilst removing sibilance... that would be ideal

post #4782 of 6782

I have bad news :(

I just received them but the right unit bass control does not work. I'm 100% sure it's a defect. It just keeps going round and round and does not control the bass levels in any way. Left unit however works fine. I will send it back and receive a new pair. I refuse to listen to it until I receive one that works properly! :( Sigh

post #4783 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post
 

I have bad news :(

I just received them but the right unit bass control does not work. I'm 100% sure it's a defect. It just keeps going round and round and does not control the bass levels in any way. Left unit however works fine. I will send it back and receive a new pair. I refuse to listen to it until I receive one that works properly! :( Sigh

 

Sorry to hear that my friend.

I was really looking forward to your review/impressions.

I hope all goes well.

post #4784 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Nice!

I too await comparisons with the H300 smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sure they will be very different signature wise

Wish ASG2.5 amps up the treble region though whilst removing sibilance... that would be ideal
Yes, even when comparing ASG2 to H300, the sound signature is vastly different with ASG2 focusing more on bass (mid bass) and mids especially vocals. Treble seem to take a step back hence a warmer and non-fatiguing sound presentation. The H300 focus on bass (really good sub bass impact, well-textured, detailed bass) and highs especially the treble extension. The mids of H300 isn't particularly recessed nor take a back seat just that the bumped up emphasis on lows and highs makes the mids feel that way. On certain tracks where vocals are the forte, H300 is able to present vocals really intimate and lush too. biggrin.gif
post #4785 of 6782

I sent mine back for repair over a month ago, and Andy Rowland said (when I mentioned hearing about a new AS2 or 2.5):

 

 "Just remember that we are constantly improving our products. Anything truly drastic in a change will be properly announced. Like we announced rockets, for example."

 

I still think that a good quality aftermarket cable makes a huge difference with these, just like EQ did with their earlier models.   Strongly encourage anyone wanting a noticable difference, especially in openness, dynamics and highs to check out the Nocturnal Hydra or similar cable rather than worrying about the new improved version that may not really exist, and if it does, surely doesn't make that noticable a difference from what I've read.   Cables really make a noticable difference.

 

  Do you realize that EKE has the Tralucent Uber cable on his ASG-2, no wonder he raves about his ASG-2!!   And assuming he used the Uber comparing to other IEM's then definately his ASG-2 would have an edge over comparing with just the stock cable, which in my opinion could not be any poorer quality and surely doesn't do a $600 IEM justice!   Here is what Anakchan said about the Uber cable "http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-uber-cable/reviews/8933."


Edited by soundbear - 4/24/14 at 5:54am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)