or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 227

post #3391 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Yea, Eke won the Internets today.

Very cool carbon fiber decal work. Having no idea how it works, I applaud your perseverance. Since Eke already won the prize today, satisfaction due to awesomeness will have to be its own reward.

 

Hahaha Thanks ! I Used my ADads arctic 1 watt laser to cut the to size ! directly on the IEM ,So you can say " its was laser cut ! " 

post #3392 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

Hahaha Thanks ! I Used my ADads arctic 1 watt laser to cut the to size ! directly on the IEM ,So you can say " its was laser cut ! " 

Amazing skills!
post #3393 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

Hahaha Thanks ! I Used my ADads arctic 1 watt laser to cut the to size ! directly on the IEM ,So you can say " its was laser cut ! " 

Carbon fiber. Laser cut. Too much awesomeness in one day.

Item -> Ultra Ball -> Press down and B.
post #3394 of 6720
I don't know why for some reason I really like the look of the ASG-2. Thanks for the review which only makes me want one even more.
post #3395 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman2219 View Post

I don't know why for some reason I really like the look of the ASG-2. Thanks for the review which only makes me want one even more.

 

Why? maybe cuz they look awesome?

post #3396 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

 

Why? maybe cuz they look awesome?

Probably the flat black face with red details. I am a sucker for that color combo:biggrin:

 

Or maybe those visible screws.

post #3397 of 6720
Thread Starter 

After close to two months, my ASG-2 is finally back in my ears

 

After spending time with Etymotics that cozy up to one's eardrum, a strange fitting EX600, and James' gargantuan universal UERM, the easy comfort of the ASG-2 is highly appreciated by these ears.

post #3398 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

After close to two months, my ASG-2 is finally back in my ears

 

After spending time with Etymotics that cozy up to one's eardrum, a strange fitting EX600, and James' gargantuan universal UERM, the easy comfort of the ASG-2 is highly appreciated by these ears.

 

Whew!   Finally back to normal!   Say, are you able to wear them when you go cliff diving?:beerchug:

post #3399 of 6720
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbear View Post
 

 

Whew!   Finally back to normal!   Say, are you able to wear them when you go cliff diving?:beerchug:

 

 

Not sure I'd subject them (or my DAP) to Jamaican salt waters, and there are no cliffs in Louisiana :D


 

I figure I may as well give my renewed "initial impressions"  since I'm realizing that my pair has been in the air (transit) for about the same length of time that I've owned it. I'll try to be more objective though.

 

With ports closed:

 

Bass - definitely big. Sine sweeps indicate a bump in the mid-bass, with somewhat flat extension down to 30Hz. At 40% of my iphone's volume, I hear a large roll-off after 25hz, with driver movement down to 15Hz. Of course, if I pump the volume to 80%, I can hear movement at 5Hz. I have use for my hearing though, so I'll never listen at that level.

 

Mids - Unaffected by the bass, but more dense due to slightly laid back upper mid mids (2K and 4K). Incredible timbre though. 

 

Treble - Good timbre, realistically weighted, not particularly airy...might have more to do with upper mids.

 

Overall tonality: warm, but very good detail, dynamics, and transparency (UERM as reference)

post #3400 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

After close to two months, my ASG-2 is finally back in my ears

 

After spending time with Etymotics that cozy up to one's eardrum, a strange fitting EX600, and James' gargantuan universal UERM, the easy comfort of the ASG-2 is highly appreciated by these ears.

 

Still wonder how your ASG-2s managed to survive Gintara's 72-hr daily Madonna marathons.

post #3401 of 6720
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post
 

 

Still wonder how your ASG-2s managed to survive Gintara's 72-hr daily Madonna marathons.

 

 

I still honestly don't know. It must have something to do with the Stealth finish. 

post #3402 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

After close to two months, my ASG-2 is finally back in my ears

 

After spending time with Etymotics that cozy up to one's eardrum, a strange fitting EX600, and James' gargantuan universal UERM, the easy comfort of the ASG-2 is highly appreciated by these ears.

 


And as yours returned my loan unit was sent back yesterday. I'm left with nothing that can quite reproduce vocals the same as ASG-2.

Only ER4S can save me now.

 

post #3403 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

 

Not sure I'd subject them (or my DAP) to Jamaican salt waters, and there are no cliffs in Louisiana :D


 

I figure I may as well give my renewed "initial impressions"  since I'm realizing that my pair has been in the air (transit) for about the same length of time that I've owned it. I'll try to be more objective though.

 

With ports closed:

 

Bass - definitely big. Sine sweeps indicate a bump in the mid-bass, with somewhat flat extension down to 30Hz. At 40% of my iphone's volume, I hear a large roll-off after 25hz, with driver movement down to 15Hz. Of course, if I pump the volume to 80%, I can hear movement at 5Hz. I have use for my hearing though, so I'll never listen at that level.

 

Mids - Unaffected by the bass, but more dense due to slightly laid back upper mid mids (2K and 4K). Incredible timbre though. 

 

Treble - Good timbre, realistically weighted, not particularly airy...might have more to do with upper mids.

 

Overall tonality: warm, but very good detail, dynamics, and transparency (UERM as reference)

 

Hmm, can't say I agree with this assessment. :rolleyes:

post #3404 of 6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Hmm, can't say I agree with this assessment. rolleyes.gif

He was obviously bluffing. biggrin.gif
post #3405 of 6720
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

Hmm, can't say I agree with this assessment. :rolleyes:

 

 

-__-

 

I don't think I like you anymore, James

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


He was obviously bluffing. biggrin.gif

 

well done, sir.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)