or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 209

post #3121 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I'm working on a paint mod myself. Hope to have something good in a few days. The bass knob, and different logo pose a different set of challenges than the original G-1 :l

Can't wait to see that^ 👍

Color?
Edited by UnityIsPower - 8/22/13 at 10:24am
post #3122 of 6728
Same as my old G-1. Blue logo on the left side, red logo on the right. Black face plates. Was thinkin of masking off the plate and then spray painting the other half white. So they will be black and white. Not sure though cause I really like seeing the drivers thru the underside of the phones. I love nerdy **** like that haha.

There're pics of my G-1 mods in my profile if you're curious how the finished result may look. I was thinkin of picking up a matte laquer for the face plate though, since I liked the way that klfl's stealth pair looked. I dunno, we'll see
post #3123 of 6728

Idsychrono, i do not find a link to the ASG1 mod in your profile

post #3124 of 6728
post #3125 of 6728
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Same as my old G-1. Blue logo on the left side, red logo on the right. Black face plates. Was thinkin of masking off the plate and then spray painting the other half white. So they will be black and white. Not sure though cause I really like seeing the drivers thru the underside of the phones. I love nerdy **** like that haha.

There're pics of my G-1 mods in my profile if you're curious how the finished result may look. I was thinkin of picking up a matte laquer for the face plate though, since I liked the way that klfl's stealth pair looked. I dunno, we'll see

 

 

Maybe you could do a matte finish next time. I'm really envious of the newer stealth plates.

 

My ideal ASG-2 would be a polished body, with the new matte plates. The logos would be blue for left and red for right.

 

 

I wonder if one can DIY the frosted version to look polished...

post #3126 of 6728
I would love a matte dark blue with silver lettering and red/blue dots filling the small logo circles.
post #3127 of 6728
I'm pretty sure you can get it looking like a chrome/metallic finish if you wanted to. I was hangin out at Home Depot awhile back and there are cans of Krylon in different types of finishes. Can control is really the only limiting factor. Not sure how well it goes on. Matte laquer I can get, I've already got a brighter red/blue for the logos, so it should look better than my G-1 mod. You can get the plates to look shiny/polished fairly easily. It's the underside that is hard
post #3128 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Sexy thing biggrin.gif
is this yours Eke?

biggrin.gif

You had Eke's and know what they look like lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

No wonder it's frosty then.

No thread is safe from you today is it? smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I'm working on a paint mod myself. Hope to have something good in a few days. The bass knob, and different logo pose a different set of challenges than the original G-1 :l

Don't worry Eke, I got this:

Awesome! Can't wait to see them. I know you've been planning this for a while now. Time better spent than writing up impressions no doubt.
post #3129 of 6728

UnityS, Eke, thanks smily_headphones1.gif

 

Vwinter, Eke's are black or at least were at the time i had them confused.gif

post #3130 of 6728
Gin, yes, he is LOL'ing cuz you asked eke if the clear ones were his when you auditioned the stealth pair, which belong to eke.

He could have a back up pair but he already posted he was thinking of getting GR07's as a back up I believe. Also, $650 X2... 😳

Idsy... How does a matte white body and plate with gray lettering and blue/red dots work out in your mind? Would look good?
Edited by UnityIsPower - 8/22/13 at 11:47am
post #3131 of 6728

Unity, thanks, i was joking too tongue.gif i knew Eke's are black :)

 

today i remembered one more soundtrack which is my favorite and could be good torture for IEM. sadly ASG2 is gone. the album is full with good jazz, instrumentals and a couple great vocal works, especially Lullaby as sang by Sinead O'Connor.

 

of course Youtube quality will do no justice this music, you need quality rips or original CD. Anthony Mingella was great director, love this movie and the book is great too.

 

 

post #3132 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Idsy... How does a matte white body and plate with gray lettering and blue/red dots work out in your mind? Would look good?

Sounds cool to me. My original G-1, the left plate was originally gonna be white/blue logo, before I abandoned that idea. White is difficult to apply smoothly and consistently is the reason why. I suppose you could pull it off it if you were clever/determined enough, but your dark blue/silver idea would be easier to achieve
post #3133 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Sounds cool to me. My original G-1, the left plate was originally gonna be white/blue logo, before I abandoned that idea. White is difficult to apply smoothly and consistently is the reason why. I suppose you could pull it off it if you were clever/determined enough, but your dark blue/silver idea would be easier to achieve

Seeing as I know nothing about paint, this is very interesting stuff. Why is white such a pita?
post #3134 of 6728
It's prone to patchiness when you apply it. Ever painted a house? It's like any white paint really. It needs multiple coats to ensure even coverage. The problem is, this can get gloppy/thick and uneven in places. It's a pain to work with. I would assume that spray paint might fair better, but I have no idea, honestly

Let's leave all the paint talk to PMs. Muzak's watching

Edit:

Little sneak peek:
http://i.imgur.com/VdLBf58.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EKRy2Ex.jpg

Just gotta clean it up, and add black as the next step.
Edited by Idsynchrono_24 - 8/22/13 at 12:57pm
post #3135 of 6728

Is there an airbrush artist among us?  I see a cottage industry growing here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)