or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 185

post #2761 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnero View Post


I find this intriguing. The ASG-2's came on my radar just days before they had their intro sale so I missed out on the promo pricing. As I read more about them though the more interested I became, yet I was reluctant to jump on board right away at full price because I was worried what the resale value would be like (because of the initial sale pricing) if I didn't like them. With this in mind I figured I'd try to get a taste for the Aurisonics house sound by picking up a used ASG-1.2 but they were one of the most atrocious sounding IEM's I've ever heard which put quite a damper on any enthusiasm I had for the ASG-2's.

Of course I then got my chance with the demo pair of 1plus2's which, for my preferences at least, pretty much hit the nail on the head in regards to an end game high-end IEM. That's not to say I'm not still interested in hearing and potentially owning others that are on the market though so I've been keeping an eye on this thread and hoping to get to demo a pair some time in the near future.

Like yourself I very much disliked ASG-1 v1.2, I still question to this day if that pair of mine were faulty, without dwelling on the subject to much, I contacted their previous owner asking if they had been put through the washing machine, they were so dark, treble absent, and I was not joking when I asked him. I kept them in my house for about 12 hours before selling. I simply couldn't understand why someone would want to sell something like that, or why someone would even design something to sound that way. Unless of course they had something happen to them, I still wonder about that.

Because of this I was very reluctant to even try ASG-2, I was so let down by the first pair I figured why even give Aurisonics another chance, but I have been pleasantly surprised, I would fear not about trying ASG-2 or looking into a demo, these sound very nice to my ears.. I can already picture a vision of what Dale was trying to accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Elnero, ASG-2 can make a very nice back up IEM for a different tuning, but ASG-2 is very good on its own and has magic vocals to it. otherwise 1+2 is .... hm i know many will hate me for saying this ... is top of the top, you take pain one time paying it and then you can forget about upgrades. consider me biased and ask others before deciding.

i can say ASG-2 as very capable backup IEM for my 1+2 and very special for vocal music and acoustic. sometimes i really have hard time picking one but for universal IEM covering all genres 1+2 still holds the first place in my book and... not by little.ph34r.gif


At double the price even before slapping a high end cable on Tralucents so they should be top of the top. I don't know, in the short time I've listened to both 1plus2 and ASG-2 I tend to agree with Gintaras, if you want true precision and accuracy along with technical ability to strike down an elephant pay the premium price for 1plus2, however this isn't to say ASG-2 cannot punch up there, not at all IMO.

For example, ASG-2 immediately have less vocal sibilance than 1plus2 to these ears, in saying that though they're both totally different approachs to music making each unique, I can see why Gintaras would want both these earphones and I can also see why he likes ASG-2 so much as the hype is justified IMO. As I said to someone in a PM this evening, if 1plus2 is equivalent to a precision orchestra concert, striking every note the conductor says on time, ASG-2 sound (kind of) more like a grunge metal band letting loose in their garage, you really cannot help but just let loose and headbang.

Either way, you're still partying very hard.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 8/16/13 at 6:56am
post #2762 of 6782

as i was listening casually one song popped up to my mind, lovely composition from another interesting French singer. good song for testing, details, subtleys, voice and lower bass. as expected lower bass does not reach as low as i would expect knowing how this song sounds in reality. otherwise amazing result, ASG-2 delivers many fine details and keeps very clean separation, black space remains top notch.

 

 

and another wonderful work to chew on :-D

 


Edited by Gintaras - 8/16/13 at 4:16am
post #2763 of 6782

My god, Gintaras... I had to go cleanse the pallet with another Ave Maria... Truth be told, I can't stand that kind of anemic singing. I'm a snob, what do you want?

 

 

I am listening to a demo set, because I sent my customs in for repair and there was a mishap. I should be back to the glory soon...


Edited by jpmilner - 8/16/13 at 4:15am
post #2764 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmilner View Post

My god, Gintaras... I had to go cleanse the pallet with another Ave Maria... Truth be told, I can't stand that kind of anemic singing. I'm a snob, what do you want?

 

I am listening to a demo set, because I sent my customs in for repair and there was a mishap. I should be back to the glory soon...

 

ah mate, i know i know i know... many people just want original and classical performance but for once we are creative people and should keep our mind open, besides concentrate on emotionality, original is stunning and Segara is literally breathing emotionality into mic, after i listen on my front rig her performance of this song leaves me speechless no matter how well i am accustomed with Maria Callas singing basshead.gif

 

but we are humans and our tastes differ, for what is worth i am glad you went back to Maria Callas, perhaps Segara was a good reason for you for doing this tongue.gif

 

but soon, very soon, we will put off lovely tear-squeezing ballads and will go for something more hard real:

 

 

Edit:

 

on a side note I would say Madonna lovers beware, ASG-2 loves Madonna and Madonna loves ASG-2, i listened to Ray of Light album and that WOW-ed me, crazy synergy.


Edited by Gintaras - 8/16/13 at 5:20am
post #2765 of 6782

just recalling this amazing concert i've been to, George Michael sings Going to a Town, have a nice weekend

 

post #2766 of 6782

Seems eke2k6 is brave confident enough to allow his pair of ASG-2s to land on a very friendly sparrow's treetop in the not so distant future. We'll see how it goes, but seeing that our most popular Head-fier bird dude thinks the K3003 really is a great phone, I'd seriously advice against taking any of his comments seriously if he isn't all that impressed by the ASG-2's sonics.

 

eke knows very well that I'm a cable sceptic, so we've agreed I would not try the ASG-2s with any Paulaner or Jack Daniel's cables — my impressions will only be based on the $550 ASG-2 as is.

post #2767 of 6782
antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif
post #2768 of 6782
Misic, i struggle to understand your comment, do we need a specialist to decode your statement? I hope your name is not Alan Greenspan? ;-P
post #2769 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif

Bwahaha
post #2770 of 6782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Seems eke2k6 is masochistic enough to allow his pair of ASG-2s to land on a very friendly sparrow's treetop in the not so distant future. We'll see how it goes, but seeing that our most popular Head-fier bird dude thinks the K3003 really is a great phone, I'd seriously advice against taking any of his comments seriously if he isn't all that impressed by the ASG-2's sonics.

 

eke knows very well that I'm a cable sceptic, so we've agreed I would not try the ASG-2s with any Paulaner or Jack Daniel's cables — my impressions will only be based on the $550 ASG-2 as is.

 

Fixed that for you wink_face.gif

 

 

Oh, you're going to try the voodoo cables or I'll send my pet cat over there for a family feast...and by that, I mean he'll feast on your family.

 

It's that specific cable that made me a Belieber, so I hope it'll do the same for you.

post #2771 of 6782
Paulaner cables? PFUI :-(((
How about Lagavulin 25 y.o. cable? ;-)

Eke, glad to see you back, happy to report that your ASG-2 pair was sweating big way today, spinned music for the most of the day. They flattened me with Madonna and George Michael, one of best pop music presentation i heard and vocals... ohhhh vocals to die for, this area is nearly perfect, even 1+2 would have hard time competing with ASG in vocal presentation. I am very happy to hear this and since ASG2 is a different IEM, H20 summed it up vers well in one of his posts, i am seriously considering adding them to my rig and geting rid of H200 and V1.

Mate, you won.
Edited by Gintaras - 8/16/13 at 8:14am
post #2772 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Paulaner cables? PFUI :-(((
How about Lagavulin 25 y.o. cable? ;-)

Eke, glad to see you back, happy to report that your ASG-2 pair was sweating big way today, spinned music for the most of the day. They flattened me with Madonna and George Michael, one of best pop music presentation i heard and vocals... ohhhh vocals to die for, this area is nearly perfect, even 1+2 would have hard time competing with ASG in vocal presentation. I am very happy to hear this and since ASG2 is a different IEM, H20 summed it up vers well in one of his posts, i am seriously considering adding them to my rig and geting rid of H200 and V1.

Mate, you won.
+1. The ASG2 is indeed spectacular!
post #2773 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Like yourself I very much disliked ASG-1 v1.2, I still question to this day if that pair of mine were faulty, without dwelling on the subject to much, I contacted their previous owner asking if they had been put through the washing machine, they were so dark, treble absent, and I was not joking when I asked him. I kept them in my house for about 12 hours before selling. I simply couldn't understand why someone would want to sell something like that, or why someone would even design something to sound that way. Unless of course they had something happen to them, I still wonder about that.

Because of this I was very reluctant to even try ASG-2, I was so let down by the first pair I figured why even give Aurisonics another chance, but I have been pleasantly surprised, I would fear not about trying ASG-2 or looking into a demo, these sound very nice to my ears.. I can already picture a vision of what Dale was trying to accomplish.
 

 

A week or two ago I became aware that there was a demo pair here in Canada, I was in the process of working out the details to get it sent to me before it went back across the border when I realized the timing wouldn't work as I have to be on the mainland for a couple of weeks. Hopefully once I get back and things settle down for us I will be able to work out something again.

post #2774 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Paulaner cables? PFUI :-(((
How about Lagavulin 25 y.o. cable? ;-)

 

Yeah, I can bring my Ardbeg Uigeadail cable along next time we meet and we can have a double-blind audition. wink.gif

post #2775 of 6782
James, sounds pretty good, problem is we most likely will begin to sing after a good dose of audition :-D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)