or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 180

post #2686 of 6782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbear View Post

The SPC cable by Chris Himself seems pretty practical in terms of price:

http://hplaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184

 

Perhaps a group buy since he is a member of the "club"?

 

Actually, I think this: http://hplaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=193 may come closest to Gavin's OBEAH cable.

post #2687 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbear View Post

The SPC cable by Chris Himself seems pretty practical in terms of price:
http://hplaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184

Perhaps a group buy since he is a member of the "club"?

I think the cable Dale liked in terms of sonic improvements was the pure silver, twice the cost of the SPC, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Actually, I think this: http://hplaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=193
 may come closest to Gavin's OBEAH cable.

Then there's that lol.
Edited by vwinter - 8/14/13 at 9:31am
post #2688 of 6782
Thread Starter 

Oh God. I'm talking about how cables improve sound. I guess I better get saving for some NOS Virtual Dynamics Judge powercables.

post #2689 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Oh God. I'm talking about how cables improve sound. I guess I better get saving for some NOS Virtual Dynamics Judge powercables.

This thread is like one cable mention away from turnin into the 1P2 thread, which is why I only mentioned the cable thing to Gin in a PM. For our sake, and mostly Muzak's, let's quit while we're ahead lol
post #2690 of 6782

i suppose Gavin does some Vodoo to his cables, perhaps talking to them and kissing tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

 

now listening to Madonna's Hanky Panky, love it.... unfortunately no possible to find clean video copy on youtube.

and it sounds sooooooo sweet with ASG2 and Tralucent G/S cable, envy me tongue.gif

 

check OST Dick Tracy for complete original soundtrack, IMHO by far the best album of Madonna, this was the only her album I would listen non-stop.


Edited by Gintaras - 8/14/13 at 9:59am
post #2691 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

i suppose Gavin does some Vodoo to his cables, perhaps talking to them and kissing tongue.gif
biggrin.gif


now listening to Madonna's Hanky Panky, love it.... unfortunately no possible to find clean video copy on youtube.
and it sounds sooooooo sweet with ASG2 and Tralucent G/S cable, envy me tongue.gif


Yep a lot of kissing for the silver gold, and for the uber he puts them...you don t want to know.
post #2692 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


This thread is like one cable mention away from turnin into the 1P2 thread, which is why I only mentioned the cable thing to Gin in a PM. For our sake, and mostly Muzak's, let's quit while we're ahead lol

and what happens if we not? devil_face.gif

 

what puzzles me is why so many dudes here wanted black Stealth copy of ASG2? i check Eke's black ASG and find paint wearing out and spots... would not this be more pragmatic to buy Frosty version of them?


Edited by Gintaras - 8/14/13 at 9:57am
post #2693 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

and what happens if we not? devil_face.gif

Muzak, LCFiner, if you guys are watching this, let it be known that I tried :P
post #2694 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Yep a lot of kissing for the silver gold, and for the uber he puts them...you don t want to know.

 

mate, what counts is the result biggrin.gif

post #2695 of 6782
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

and what happens if we not? devil_face.gif

 

what puzzles me is why so many dudes here wanted black Stealth copy of ASG2? i check Eke's black ASG and find paint wearing out and spots... would not this be more pragmatic to buy Frosty version of them?

 

The wearing was the result of a specific incident (or series of incidents). Not due to regular wear and tear.

 

We all know that black don't crack.


Edited by eke2k6 - 8/14/13 at 10:33am
post #2696 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

and what happens if we not? devil_face.gif


what puzzles me is why so many dudes here wanted black Stealth copy of ASG2? i check Eke's black ASG and find paint wearing out and spots... would not this be more pragmatic to buy Frosty version of them?

Because the stealth looks sexy on pic? I kind of guess it's like trying to date a model. Instead of going for the girl working in the apple store.
post #2697 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


LOL
Although I do agree with Gintaras that the S/G cable makes an immediately noticeable difference in cleaning up the sig, and expanding the stage, it's a hilariously expensive. It's like $700 or $800 from Tralucent I believe. I'm personally hoping that the mods that Dale's working on will achieve similar results for a lot less. I will also agree with Gintaras in sayin that the Tralucent cable has got some funky mojo going on. I actually bought another hybrid silver/OCC copper that did not make a difference to my ears, not sure what Gavin does to his cables but that knowledge is likely proprietary.

I noticed the difference when I compared the two cables using Mars Volta, cause Omar likes to layer like 15 guitars on top of one another or some ****. With the stock cable, the G-2 makes a valiant effort in separating and lending some semblance of intelligibility to these overlapping channels, but with the S/G, the sense of space and articulation audibly improves. I suppose my only nitpick is that midbass impact and quantity is attenuated a bit too much for my tastes, so drums and bass don't sound as meaty as the stock, but eh, what can ya do? Wait for Dale's mods I guess

 

 

Thank you eke and Idsynchrono_24.

post #2698 of 6782

Anyone tried Jack Daniel's cables with the ASG-2?

post #2699 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Anyone tried Jack Daniel's cables with the ASG-2?
Yes, they are quite neat.
post #2700 of 6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

and what happens if we not? devil_face.gif


what puzzles me is why so many dudes here wanted black Stealth copy of ASG2? i check Eke's black ASG and find paint wearing out and spots... would not this be more pragmatic to buy Frosty version of them?

I think it was Andy (of AS) who mentioned that Dale had looked into it and that they were replacing the finish with an epoxy based paint that was super tough. There are definitely some niggling glitches and bugs in the current batch, but AS has monitored the thread closely and I like that they are taking feedback from the community to better the product rather than resting on their laurels. Should be some good stuff comin down the pipes soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Anyone tried Jack Daniel's cables with the ASG-2?

Slam enough Four Lokos and you can probably get the stock iBuds soundin like the 009 lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)