or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 143

post #2131 of 6769

people are different and so are their tastes and ears.

 

i would not blame someone for not liking particular product, unless there is purported attempt to bash product without merits. honest opinions are always welcome no matter my agreement or disagreement with them.

 

NB: funny, something happened with font ...


Edited by Gintaras - 7/31/13 at 8:59am
post #2132 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

What's the IEM with the most subbass you guys have heard?

Sennheiser IE800 has a bunch.
post #2133 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Sennheiser IE800 has a bunch.

But people told me that the impact is less than FX700 by a bit (slightly). You have or had FX700 too. Perhaps you can share you opinion on this?

post #2134 of 6769
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

But people told me that the impact is less than FX700 by a bit (slightly). You have or had FX700 too. Perhaps you can share you opinion on this?

 

The IE800's bass is more about rumble than impact. The FX700 is pure, very concentrated impact.

post #2135 of 6769
I've been doing a lot of reading on the G-2 since I'm expecting mine to come soon. When I compare Rin's analysis to everything I've read it just feels wrong. Something isn't right... It makes me a bit sad reading his thoughts and conclusions.

(I guess it's a good thing I also have a pair of UE900 on the way which are supposed to be superb with blocked pinholes and 100 Ohms of added impedance.)
post #2136 of 6769
It's entirely a different kind of bass character. The FX700 has a midbass emphasis with, to me a very sharp and powerful attack and a comparatively longer decay there. The IE800 has a very slanted subbass to midbass emphasis with a lot of weight on the very low end rumble. It keeps clear of the mids more.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

The IE800's bass is more about rumble than impact. The FX700 is pure, very concentrated impact.

Aaaaaand he beats me to it, more succinctly no less.
Edited by vwinter - 7/31/13 at 9:41am
post #2137 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

But people told me that the impact is less than FX700 by a bit (slightly). You have or had FX700 too. Perhaps you can share you opinion on this?

Impact is mid bass and the fx700 will have much more. Almost all of the ie800 bass (+12db) is below 80hz and centered at 50hz. It will have a much larger sub bass rumble.
post #2138 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

I've been doing a lot of reading on the G-2 since I'm expecting mine to come soon. When I compare Rin's analysis to everything I've read it just feels wrong. Something isn't right... It makes me a bit sad reading his thoughts and conclusions.

(I guess it's a good thing I also have a pair of UE900 on the way which are supposed to be superb with blocked pinholes and 100 Ohms of added impedance.)

Personally just looking at the frequency response charts, I can at least say I heard 200hz - 11khz just about how it's graphed there.

Edited: down to 200, my mistake.
Edited by vwinter - 7/31/13 at 10:03am
post #2139 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Personally just looking at the frequency response charts, I can at least say I heard 500hz - 11khz just about how it's graphed there.

 

Yeah, but I'm not sure about the rest of it. 

 

I know Aurisonics did their own measurements, I'm wondering what their FR graphs look like now....

post #2140 of 6769

Mids and treble measure as I'd expect them to, the treble isn't forward as people say it is, still controlled and restrained, but not restrained to the point where it becomes problematic  The bass on the other hand...  Well, that's what looks odd to me. 

post #2141 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Mids and treble measure as I'd expect them to, the treble isn't forward as people say it is, still controlled and restrained, but not restrained to the point where it becomes problematic  The bass on the other hand...  Well, that's what looks odd to me. 

It'd be pretty terrible if this pair was somehow defective just like Tyll's. I have to say though that I heard the bass to sound pretty much like the graph. I don't think if would sound as rolled off as it looks, since the mids and highs are comparatively less emphasized. The bass at 60Hz looks to be about as emphasized as the mids peak.
post #2142 of 6769
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Mids and treble measure as I'd expect them to, the treble isn't forward as people say it is, still controlled and restrained, but not restrained to the point where it becomes problematic  The bass on the other hand...  Well, that's what looks odd to me. 

 

Exactly. A 20db drop off below 100hz? 

 

Please.

post #2143 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Mids and treble measure as I'd expect them to, the treble isn't forward as people say it is, still controlled and restrained, but not restrained to the point where it becomes problematic  The bass on the other hand...  Well, that's what looks odd to me. 

 

The problem with the treble is the roll off, which it isn't. It is more extended than that. Most of it is OK, but dropping off before 20k is definitely not the case. 

 

And yeah, the bass is definitely head scratching. 

post #2144 of 6769
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Exactly. A 20db drop off below 100hz? 

Please.

Well the drivers aren't matching, and the better driver with less roll off isn't so bad. Would you say that if both drivers measured like the good one then it'd look closer to what you're hearing?
post #2145 of 6769
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


Well the drivers aren't matching, and the better driver with less roll off isn't so bad. Would you say that if both drivers measured like the good one then it'd look closer to what you're hearing?

 

I didn't notice the peach line. Yeah it's closer, but I clearly feel movement at 15hz, which isn't shown on the graph.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)