or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 99

post #1471 of 6728
Thread Starter 
I've been spending my morning listening to the SD3 and G2.

The SD3 is a solid tier to two below the G2 in every way, and I really mean every way.

Sinth was kind enough to send me a few (pretty great) tracks, and I'll sneak a couple of them into the comparison. I'm going to jot down my thoughts now, then piece everything together when I get in front of a real keyboard. I might head to my campus library tonight to do so.
post #1472 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I've been spending my morning listening to the SD3 and G2.

The SD3 is a solid tier to two below the G2 in every way, and I really mean every way.

Sinth was kind enough to send me a few (pretty great) tracks, and I'll sneak a couple of them into the comparison. I'm going to jot down my thoughts now, then piece everything together when I get in front of a real keyboard. I might head to my campus library tonight to do so.

That folks is scary, wow.

post #1473 of 6728
It'd be good to contrast your comparison of the two with carlson
post #1474 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

That folks is scary, wow.

I obviously don't have the SD3, but ask anyone who knows me here and they'll tell you I'm an "I'll believe when I hear it" kind of guy and while I've only spent precious little time with the ASG-2 so far, I can say that it is almost shockingly capable, for what that's worth.
post #1475 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post

It'd be good to contrast your comparison of the two with carlson


I'll do a one to one comparison when I get the SD3's back, Eke has my pair.

I do believe that he is right in saying that the ASG2's are a step up. That is what I am hearing as well.

I don't think I agree on the ASG 1.2 comparison I would put the SD3 up a step or two above those, which I should add is not a bad thing as I always thought the ASG 1.2 were excellent at their price level.

 

But we will see his descriptions later today or tomorrow, I should think.

 

So far, to me anyway, Eke's comparison's aren't so much showing the weakness of the SD3, which I think are an excellent earphone, but more the incredible strengths of the ASG-2's which way rise above their price point and is equal or better to $1,000 earphones.

post #1476 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post


I'll do a one to one comparison when I get the SD3's back, Eke has my pair.

I do believe that he is right in saying that the ASG2's are a step up. That is what I am hearing as well.

I don't think I agree on the ASG 1.2 comparison I would put the SD3 up a step or two above those, which I should add is not a bad thing as I always thought the ASG 1.2 were excellent at their price level.

 

But we will see his descriptions later today or tomorrow, I should think.

 

So far, to me anyway, Eke's comparison's aren't so much showing the weakness of the SD3, which I think are an excellent earphone, but more the incredible strengths of the ASG-2's which way rise above their price point and is equal or better to $1,000 earphones.

What does James Blake sound like in comparison mate, same soundstage but uber clear ?

post #1477 of 6728
My dac and amp is on order so not especially looking to get another iem at this time tongue.gif but good to keep your ear to the ground. I only spent very brief time with the sd3 and reacted the same way as with heir 5.0 demo, the full sound had me going back to the clarity of the 4.ai
post #1478 of 6728
Carlsan, I think Eke was saying that they remind him of the sonic character of the ASG-1.2. He didn't really say anything about technical prowess.

Sonic character is my new coined phrase lol meaning something like the overall feeling of the sound. I'm still working on a nifty definition. I like it. smile.gif
post #1479 of 6728
Battle?

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce, in red corner is all proud stripe & stars covered ASG2 and in blue corner all mighty Teutonic roof breaker SD3.
Who of them will carry it forward, who will become the asolute champion? gloves off.... Savage battle show awaits us :-)

Round 1 begins, with Eke leading ASG and Sinth whispering something into SD ear :-)
Edited by Gintaras - 7/14/13 at 11:02am
post #1480 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Carlsan, I think Eke was saying that they remind him of the sonic character of the ASG-1.2. He didn't really say anything about technical prowess.

Sonic character is my new coined phrase lol meaning something like the overall feeling of the sound. I'm still working on a nifty definition. I like it. smile.gif


LIke i as well, thanks for the clarification.

 

 

Quote:
What does James Blake sound like in comparison mate, same soundstage but uber clear ?

 

Sinth - I'll do a comparison when I get them back, would prefer to do earphone to earphone comparison, my memory of sound isn't always the best.

 

 

Quote:

Round 1 begins, with Eke leading ASG and Sinth whispering something into SD ear :-)

 

From what I'm reading, may not get past one round....

 

post #1481 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post


LIke i as well, thanks for the clarification.

 

 

 

Sinth - I'll do a comparison when I get them back, would prefer to do earphone to earphone comparison, my memory of sound isn't always the best.

 

 

 

From what I'm reading, may not get past one round....

 

 

This has Rocky IV written all over it ;-) 

post #1482 of 6728
No suprises. wink.gif

Ultrazino prefers the sd3 over eke's favorite iem ie800, they(ie800) don't have the best reputation in the german hifi forum(the iem crowd there prefer BAs), at this level it simply depends on whom you ask.
post #1483 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Sonic character is my new coined phrase lol meaning something like the overall feeling of the sound. I'm still working on a nifty definition. I like it. smile.gif

 

Sounds waaay more trendy than "sound signature". We might also start using "sonic signature" and "sound character" and confuse the hell outta people. wink.gif

post #1484 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

This has Rocky IV written all over it ;-) 

I always suspected Dolph Lundgren was German...

Edit:
So I just did a quick googling of the the man to make sure he wasn't actually German lol and came across this article about Dolph Lundgren trivia and if even a third of this is true then wow.
Edited by vwinter - 7/14/13 at 1:23pm
post #1485 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Battle?

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce, in red corner is all proud stripe & stars covered ASG2 eke2k6 and in blue corner all mighty Teutonic roof breaker SD3 Ultrazino.
Who of them will carry it forward, who will become the asolute champion? gloves off.... Savage battle show awaits us :-)

Round 1 begins, with Eke eke's dog leading cheering for ASG eke and Sinth whispering something into SD Ultrazino's ear :-)

 

A couple of minor corrections.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)