or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 92

post #1366 of 6759
Agreed. With no EQ the iPhone 4s doesn't sound warm to me at all. I consider the cMoy as not warm as well with the stock JDS opamps as a point of reference. Could the 4 vs 4s sound much different? 3rd party music apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Aka, expectation bias. It's amazing that an amp section that measures DEAD flat can sound warm.

I have the T1 here, and there's zero tonal difference between it and my iPhone 4.

Go have another listen.
post #1367 of 6759
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


Is it just me, or does the g2 ascend to another level with live music recordings?

 

G1 did the same, so I'm going to have to say "yes."

 

I'll confirm when I get mine L3000.gif


Edited by kyuuketsuki - 7/12/13 at 11:36am
post #1368 of 6759
Thread Starter 
So James Blake's Limit to Your Love just came around on shuffle. I remember saying in the review that the g2's mids could always rise above the bass, no matter how loud and heavy it got. This is a puuurfect example of that.
post #1369 of 6759
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

So James Blake's Limit to Your Love just came around on shuffle. I remember saying in the review that the g2's mids could always rise above the bass, no matter how loud and heavy it got. This is a puuurfect example of that.

I don't know about rise above (1st open notch) but Its kind of startling actually lol. I was saving this line for my write-up but... without knowing anything about ASG-2, one could be forgiven for thinking that the BAs handle the mids and highs and the dynamic does solo bass duty, but that's apparently not the case.

Kind of how shigzeo did in his short impressions from the Musica Acoustics booth.
Edited by vwinter - 7/12/13 at 11:45am
post #1370 of 6759

haha... there are notches around the bass ports. I hadn't noticed them yesterday, although my eyes were pretty dilated from an eye exam.

 

So turns out my bass ports are right now between 0 and the first notch.

 

Can't wait to hear them with 50+ hours on them. I'm using a pink noise track at moderate volume now - hopefully that will hasten the process.

post #1371 of 6759
Thread Starter 
About the bass ports, the circle is actually the fully open port. The more you turn it towards the circle, the bassier it will get. The first slit is the closed position. Turn it towards that to close the port.
post #1372 of 6759
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

About the bass ports, the circle is actually the fully open port. The more you turn it towards the circle, the bassier it will get. The first slit is the closed position. Turn it towards that to close the port.

You and Idsynchrono are my heroes lol.

The difference between one notch and closed is massive. With that much added bass, for it to be as tight as it is is astounding. I might try halfway between the two later. That's Dale's preference right?
post #1373 of 6759

typo on my part, they are between the first dash and the second dash. it bottoms out on the first, so i'm assuming that it indicates closed.

 

I might try at some point to fill the grooves with some sort of pigment... black nail polish maybe?

post #1374 of 6759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

You and Idsynchrono are my heroes lol.

The difference between one notch and closed is massive. With that much added bass, for it to be as tight as it is is astounding. I might try halfway between the two later. That's Dale's preference right?

I think I remember him saying he liked it on the second notch. The guy's mad, I tell you!
post #1375 of 6759

damn it all...i am seriously considering the T1 now for my classic...the X02 is too bassy for the g-2s they did very well with my ER4S and my tf10 but not the g-2s unfortunatly for my wallet...please tell me the T1 doesnt add on the bass if it just controls and gives it better depth i dont mind but more bass is kinda out of the question , i already have the classic on treble booster...http://store.treoo.com/main/tralucent-audio-t1-portable-headphone-amplifier.html#.UeBORfkyaqc

 

this is where i buy my audio gear im a VIP member so i get pretty awesome discounts and offers. is the description true ? im dying over here listening to the g-2 on my setup and being irritated by the high amount of bass...it is actually giving me nausea 

post #1376 of 6759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

damn it all...i am seriously considering the T1 now for my classic...the X02 is too bassy for the g-2s they did very well with my ER4S and my tf10 but not the g-2s unfortunatly for my wallet...please tell me the T1 doesnt add on the bass if it just controls and gives it better depth i dont mind but more bass is kinda out of the question , i already have the classic on treble booster...http://store.treoo.com/main/tralucent-audio-t1-portable-headphone-amplifier.html#.UeBORfkyaqc


this is where i buy my audio gear im a VIP member so i get pretty awesome discounts and offers. is the description true ? im dying over here listening to the g-2 on my setup and being irritated by the high amount of bass...it is actually giving me nausea 

Yes, the T1 is perfectly neutral to my ears.
post #1377 of 6759
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I think I remember him saying he liked it on the second notch. The guy's mad, I tell you!

Given the fact that he's still alive, this cannot be true. biggrin.gif

I think I'm going to settle on halfway between closed and one notch. It gives just a bit more bass without hurting the lower mid to midbass transition and keeping the mids in line.
post #1378 of 6759

Man!

 

standard bass ports were a good idea! it goes from polite/bright to thunderous with one half turn of a screwdriver!

 

I turned the volume down, and opened the vents to the first click... definitely eased off the harshness that way.

post #1379 of 6759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Given the fact that he's still alive, this cannot be true. biggrin.gif

I think I'm going to settle on halfway between closed and one notch. It gives just a bit more bass without hurting the lower mid to midbass transition and keeping the mids in line.

That's where mine is too. Just right
post #1380 of 6759
i can only confirm T1 neutral and capable of adding missing refinement, it will not spice your music but it will add texture and help blacken space a bit, in fact it will do to portable what good PSU unit with power amp would do to front end home rig, a highly welcome gain in sound quality which makes me happy about T1.
Edited by Gintaras - 7/12/13 at 2:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)