or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 87

post #1291 of 6772
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Being stuck (hopefully forever lol) in the iem lower echelons, I am curious about your impressions of the H-200's detail and resolution relative to something such as the AS-2...

 

The AS-2 is a step above the H-200 in terms of resolving ability, balance, and other technicalities.  While diminishing returns certainly play a role in all this, I feel the premium in price (for the AS-2) is worth the improvement in sound.  That being said, the H-200 is a fine IEM and definitely one of the better universals I've heard.  Easily one of my favorite universals under $500.

post #1292 of 6772

^ Excellent FlySweep - thanks. Btw, I'm glad you didn't catch any of Eke's nasty flu lol!

 

P.s. Eke, I'm honoured that your 5000th post was to me!

beerchug.gif


Edited by waynes world - 7/9/13 at 1:45pm
post #1293 of 6772
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

 

P.s. Eke, I'm honoured that your 5000th post was to me!

beerchug.gif

 

Sigh. I need to spend less time around here.

post #1294 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

 

P.s. Eke, I'm honoured that your 5000th post was to me!

beerchug.gif

 

Sigh. I need to spend less time around here.


That's probably safer for your wallet as well eke
post #1295 of 6772
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Eke, for the benefit of yours find one DAP and one IEM that will suit your musical tastes. This will help you rediscover music instead of spending precious time on looking for best of best which will never be found ;-)
 

 

Oh, but I already have :)

 

I'm just doing this because I enjoy the community, and my perspective may help someone else.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post


That's probably safer for your wallet as well eke

 

beerchug.gif

 

 

 


 

 

I just listened to "Chop Suey" and "Toxicity". My arms are tired from playing air drums and guitars. I love how distortion guitar sounds on the ASG-2. The slightly dry midrange, coupled with the sheer power of the presentation makes for some ridiculous guitar crunch and snare impact.


Edited by eke2k6 - 7/9/13 at 3:07pm
post #1296 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I just listened to "Chop Suey" and "Toxicity". My arms are tired from playing air drums and guitars. I love how distortion guitar sounds on the ASG-2. The slightly dry midrange, coupled with the sheer power of the presentation makes for some ridiculous guitar crunch and snare impact.

 

This bodes well for me... I listen to more metal than anything else, and a lot of headphones and IEMs seem to miss the right texture and tone of guitars. Eyeballing the mailman intently enough to warrant a restraining order already, don't need too much more positive feedback on these...

post #1297 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

 

This bodes well for me... I listen to more metal than anything else, and a lot of headphones and IEMs seem to miss the right texture and tone of guitars. Eyeballing the mailman intently enough to warrant a restraining order already, don't need too much more positive feedback on these...

Oh I really really want to how bands like Bongripper sound with the G-2 :D


post #1298 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Oh, but I already have :)

 

I'm just doing this because I enjoy the community, and my perspective may help someone else.

 

ok, i was pulling your leg after you pulled mine... look forward to SD3 vs. ASG2 run rolleyes.gif

post #1299 of 6772
Also looking forward to impressions biggrin.gif. Im on borderline between SD-3 and ASG-2. I like dt1350 and yuin pk1 if thats any indicator of my preferences.
post #1300 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

jackhammerf5.gif

 

eke, that's one of the funniest gifs I've ever seen (literally laughed out loud — brilliant!)

post #1301 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Oh I really really want to how bands like Bongripper sound with the G-2 biggrin.gif

I'd never actually listened to Bongripper before your link, but that was a pretty killer groove!! I'll have to check them out as soon as my computer is fixed. Personally, I love using Protest the Hero and Meshuggah for guitar-- they're different, but both unspeakably badass wink.gif.

Thanks for the recommendation, man!!
post #1302 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post


I'd never actually listened to Bongripper before your link, but that was a pretty killer groove!! I'll have to check them out as soon as my computer is fixed. Personally, I love using Protest the Hero and Meshuggah for guitar-- they're different, but both unspeakably badass wink.gif.

Thanks for the recommendation, man!!

No problemo ;)
Bongrippers Hate Ashbury and The Great Barrier Reefer are just mindmelting.

I would use Bongripper only to test how Sludge sounds with an IEM/headphone. If it can handle all the muddyness etc. :D
Both PTH and Meshuggah are not a piece of cake for mediocre IEMs.

I think it's better for me not to start list all my test tracks/bands here :D
Would get me kicked out of the thread for spamming off-topic stuff to a non healthy extend.

post #1303 of 6772

@ Tom Yum Goong: no problem man, feel free to PM me if you wanna keep chatting-- I'm always down for talking metal ;). 

 

@ everyone: MY ASG-2 IS IN NASHVILLE AS WE SPEAK!!!!!!! I might possibly (with any luck) be able to get them on Friday-- which would make me ecstatic beyond all rational measure. The mailman should most certainly fear for his bodily well-being over the next few days........ WOOOO-HOOOO!!!

 

*this post sponsored by too much sugar after sleep deprivation. Many heartfelt apologies to any and all I may have injured or offended-- gear lust is a serious condition. Check the DSM-5. 

post #1304 of 6772

ASG seem to love this kind of musics:

 

post #1305 of 6772
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

ASG seem to love this kind of musics:

 

 

I thought ASG is a basshead IEM? or only when the bass port is partly open?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)