or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 83

post #1231 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


Supremus or not, this is no time to play favorites Muzak5678, the general public browsing this forum deserves to know that the K3003 is the equivalent of having shards of glass blasted into your ears haphazardly coupled with a fart canon. If bass so slow and murky that you've got to crack a window just readin this is your kinda thing, then by all means fellow reader, gamble away your hard earned cash.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I second this. I had the opportunity to add the K3003 to this comparison thread, but declined due to its extremely poor performance.

 

Okay then, so both of you are feeling quite smug about making public information that was meant to be kept private. I have to say I'm very disappointed in you, eke, as you are already are a Headphoneus Supremus, but… oh, nvm.

I won't say anything else, except that as of now I have unsubscribed from this thread.

post #1232 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

REALLY !?!?! even the ASG-2 out performs it !?!?! seriously !?!?! i dont even !!!... if you can please update and add the 3003 comparison eke please , i saw the 3003 , was thinking that it will be my upgrade after the AGg-2 as i like that design alot 

Got damn. You're the most successful troll on this entire page. Did you by any chance attend U of Troll? My family wasn't affluent enough so I had to slum it at the local junior college to get enough credits to get into University of Phoenix. It was a hybrid course with a lot of online work, I guess it shows in my efforts though frown.gif


As an aside, thank god that pesky Muzak character has left the building. All we need now is for Inks to lay down some graphs and declare the G-2 an auditory travesty and all will be well in the world. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1233 of 6740

hold on..what is Headphoneus Supremus and hwo come you guys have information that we dont !?!?!?! if the 3003 is a poor performer then shouldnt us normal headfiers know about it ? I still dont under stand the hierarchy here =/

post #1234 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


Got damn. You're the most successful troll on this entire page. Did you by any chance attend U of Troll? My family wasn't affluent enough so I had to slum it at the local junior college to get enough credits to get into University of Phoenix. It was a hybrid course with a lot of online work, I guess it shows in my efforts though frown.gif


As an aside, thank god that pesky Muzak character has left the building. All we need now is for Inks to lay down some graphs and declare the G-2 an auditory travesty and all will be well in the world. smily_headphones1.gif

An audiory.....travesty

post #1235 of 6740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

You were not supposed to make that information public either.

I'm just following in the footsteps if my older brother, Edward Snowden.
post #1236 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

As an aside, thank god that pesky Muzak character has left the building. All we need now is for Inks to lay down some graphs and declare the G-2 an auditory travesty and all will be well in the world. smily_headphones1.gif


 

It's gonna happen. We all know it :)

post #1237 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

hold on..what is Headphoneus Supremus and hwo come you guys have information that we dont !?!?!?! if the 3003 is a poor performer then shouldnt us normal headfiers know about it ? I still dont under stand the hierarchy here =/

The peckin order around here is quite simple: the Supremus is above you (a mere 100 member) and I (a humble 1000+). They are the arbiters of truth and their word is law. Their ways are not meant to be understood, but merely observed; followed. One does not simply become Supremus, it is said that the title is conferred upon another only by a fellow Supremus in their final moments.

And I'll have you know that "travesty" is a perfectly cromulent word :l

*and with that, I'm gonna vacate this thread until I have something of substance to share, which is perhaps next week, or possibly never
post #1238 of 6740
post #1239 of 6740
Would someone explain what's happening in this thread? I can arrange asylum for eke if need be.
post #1240 of 6740
Thread Starter 
Quote:


I hope this wasn't because of my experience with the silver/gold cable. It's really the only one I've heard a difference with. It's graduated me from a cable non-believer into a cable agnostic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Would someone explain what's happening in this thread? I can arrange asylum for eke if need be.

No need. I've made...arrangements...for James444 and the Angry Bird.
post #1241 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


I hope this wasn't because of my experience with the silver/gold cable. It's really the only one I've heard a difference with. It's graduated me from a cable non-believer into a cable agnostic.
 

 

I'm only a believer in different cable materials. I personally like pure silver with the ASG-2, but that's just me. But really copper will sound like copper. 

 

However, I still want to do an ABX with different cables. Though truth be told I still like after market cables for utility. My moon audio cable is a better length for me for when I wear it behind my back. Curse my longer upper torso!

post #1242 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

I'm only a believer in different cable materials. I personally like pure silver with the ASG-2, but that's just me. But really copper will sound like copper. 

 

However, I still want to do an ABX with different cables. Though truth be told I still like after market cables for utility. My moon audio cable is a better length for me for when I wear it behind my back. Curse my longer upper torso!

 

Cables can do quite a bit to sound.  The length, thickness, material, etc can all make a difference by changing resistive properties of the cable (longer length, thicker cable lowers resistance and gold is less resistive than silver which is less resistive than copper).  The drivers' electrical impedance can play a large roll in how it'll handle a new cable as well. 

post #1243 of 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Cables can do quite a bit to sound.  The length, thickness, material, etc can all make a difference by changing resistive properties of the cable (longer length, thicker cable lowers resistance and gold is less resistive than silver which is less resistive than copper).  The drivers' electrical impedance can play a large roll in how it'll handle a new cable as well. 

 

Most of those things are of minimal difference over the distance that the signal is traveling which is about a meter in most cases. Yes it makes a difference but the question is, is it audible? There is skin effect (which is the effect that would attribute to differences in cables). There are theoretical, measurable and audible differences. Cable differences are almost always both of the former two. And the differences in cable thickness are usually minimal. to create an audible difference. (also keep in mind that skin effect is per unit length, so 1meter is terribly minimal. They use it for long distance calculations usually)

 

Again, I know it is all theoretical possible, but the values are always so minimal it shouldn't be audible in the overall system. I heard differences, preferring a Chris_Himself pure silver cable over others. But I would really want to do an ABX to be sure. 


Edited by kyuuketsuki - 7/6/13 at 3:59pm
post #1244 of 6740
I've read decent reviews on the Lune cable. This is the third revision. I have only one other cable I have tried on the ASG2, the Standard Westone Cable. (From my UM3x) I wasn't pleased with what I heard. The stock ASG2 cable sounds good. However, I would love if the highs were a bit more pronounced as well as the bass (subbass) increasing in depth and layering. I am also not a fan of the ergonomics or memory cable of the ASG2 standard cable. The Lune cable looks to be an upgrade in all of these areas.
post #1245 of 6740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post

I've read decent reviews on the Lune cable. This is the third revision. I have only one other cable I have tried on the ASG2, the Standard Westone Cable. (From my UM3x) I wasn't pleased with what I heard. The stock ASG2 cable sounds good. However, I would love if the highs were a bit more pronounced as well as the bass (subbass) increasing in depth and layering. I am also not a fan of the ergonomics or memory cable of the ASG2 standard cable. The Lune cable looks to be an upgrade in all of these areas.

Cool. Well be sure to let us know how you like it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)