or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) - Page 81

post #1201 of 6728

While it is a good sounding IEM I think like all other gears it needs its own audience. People should not have too much of a high expectation. 

post #1202 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

While it is a good sounding IEM I think like all other gears it needs its own audience. People should not have too much of a high expectation.

This is so true... to be honest I wasn't planning to order this had it not been the shiny bling bling looks lol.... I think I would still love it for the looks even if it didn't sound as majestic as eke's been gushing about. wink.gif I'm a big sucker to aesthetics I know LOL
post #1203 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post




This is so true... to be honest I wasn't planning to order this had it not been the shiny bling bling looks lol.... I think I would still love it for the looks even if it didn't sound as majestic as eke's been gushing about. wink.gif I'm a big sucker to aesthetics I know LOL

 

Sounds like me and the 8As ;)... The craftsmanship is something to behold.

post #1204 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Sounds like me and the 8As wink.gif... The craftsmanship is something to behold.


Now that's a cruel curse Lee... Finger cross my take of the ASG-2 will be MUCH better than you with your 8a!!
post #1205 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

While it is a good sounding IEM I think like all other gears it needs its own audience. People should not have too much of a high expectation. 


I had the advantage of hearing them at a meet, so my expectations are only as high as what I heard there. Which was very positive at the price. By very positive I mean that with the different cables, there were only a few aspects of the ASG-2 that I didn't like more than the 1+2. To my ears I found the 1+2 better but only marginally. I recall it having sightly better clarity and presenting the highs in a way that was slightly more pleasing to my ears. But it wasn't near worth the price jump for me. 550 v 1300? honestly... At that price I expected to be floored, but wasn't. I was more impressed with the TG!334 really which changed my perception of how BAs sound. Since I'm a firm believer of dynamic driver IEMs having better texture and a more natural sound than BA IEMs. The TG!334 sounded fantastic to me. I'd honestly probably need to demo them next to the ASG-2 to see if I could hear a difference between dynamic hybrid and full BA, but whether or not I do, I know that both have a sound that is fantastic for the music I listen to.
post #1206 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post


I had the advantage of hearing them at a meet, so my expectations are only as high as what I heard there. Which was very positive at the price. By very positive I mean that with the different cables, there were only a few aspects of the ASG-2 that I didn't like more than the 1+2. To my ears I found the 1+2 better but only marginally. I recall it having sightly better clarity and presenting the highs in a way that was slightly more pleasing to my ears. But it wasn't near worth the price jump for me. 550 v 1300? honestly... At that price I expected to be floored, but wasn't. I was more impressed with the TG!334 really which changed my perception of how BAs sound. Since I'm a firm believer of dynamic driver IEMs having better texture and a more natural sound than BA IEMs. The TG!334 sounded fantastic to me. I'd honestly probably need to demo them next to the ASG-2 to see if I could hear a difference between dynamic hybrid and full BA, but whether or not I do, I know that both have a sound that is fantastic for the music I listen to.

Glad to read this, happy for you. Can I ask what cable you have tried and how much was it? 

post #1207 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Glad to read this, happy for you. Can I ask what cable you have tried and how much was it? 

 

I tried the stock ASG-2 cable ($40?), Moon Audio Silver Dragon ($175), Chris_Himself pure silver ($200), and the silvergold uber cable ($1300?).

 

I actually liked Chris_Himself's pure silver cable best. But the sulvergold cable I tried didn't look like the one that eke tried... so it might have been the older version which he didn't like (and I didn't like it either). It would be interesting to try the updated version, which eke seems to love. 

post #1208 of 6728

Hey eke, just a quick suggestion — I think you should specify the Flat4s you reviewed were the SUIs (not the KAEDEs or KUROs).

 

Apart from the above anal suggestion, let me take this opportunity to say you've got quite a thread going here (81 pages in just over 1.5 months, and nearly 40,000 views!) — well done!


Edited by music_4321 - 7/6/13 at 7:28am
post #1209 of 6728
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Hey eke, just a quick suggestion — I think you should specify the Flat4s you reviewed were the SUIs (not the KAEDEs or KUROs).

I was planning on doing that, but they all sound the same anyway, right? smily_headphones1.gif

I will as soon as I get to a computer. I'm in New Orleans until tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post


Apart from the above anal suggestion, let me take this opportunity to say you've got quite a thread going here (81 pages in just over 1.5 months, and nearly 40,000 views!) — well done!

Thank you, Sir Sparrow.
post #1210 of 6728
According to Romy and Soundfreaq yeah, they are very similar (Kaede v. SUI). I think the difference is likely comparable to Ex600 v. Ex1000. Hard to tell when I've never heard Kaede, but I trust the aforementioned individuals.
post #1211 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

According to Romy and Soundfreaq yeah, they are very similar (Kaede v. SUI). I think the difference is likely comparable to Ex600 v. Ex1000. Hard to tell when I've never heard Kaede, but I trust the aforementioned individuals.

 

It shows you're not a Headphoneus Supremus (don't think you'll ever be one, TBH). When will you / people learn that the higher the model number / more letters in the name (SUI = 3; KURO = 4; KAEDE = 5), the better the product is? If there's a significant price difference between the SUI and the KAEDE, it is for a reason.

As for Romy and SoundFreaq, please don't get me started on those two, particularly the former.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/6/13 at 10:11am
post #1212 of 6728

Noting the rumour of UK / EU distribution being a possibility,

 

Why is this not on the Aurisonics website unless am being blind? musicaacoustics price premium on ASG-2 is too much...

post #1213 of 6728

hey guys dont mean to go off topic but what kind of cable connectors can i use with the ASG-2 is i tthe same as the one on the TF10 ? or the same as the westone plug ?!?!?!

post #1214 of 6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

hey guys dont mean to go off topic but what kind of cable connectors can i use with the ASG-2 is i tthe same as the one on the TF10 ? or the same as the westone plug ?!?!?!

 

Westone if I'm not mistaken.  THe TF10 shouldn't be able to fit it. 

post #1215 of 6728
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

hey guys dont mean to go off topic but what kind of cable connectors can i use with the ASG-2 is i tthe same as the one on the TF10 ? or the same as the westone plug ?!?!?!

The connector is recessed, so you'd need cables that have recessed connectors. The TF10 cables won't fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)