Completely forgot about the ES700. Look into that can. it'll do metal justice IMO.
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 5/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- ## SOLD ## Authentic Grado SR-80 Headphones with "Pink" Mesh Protecting the Drivers ##... Last post on 11/21/13 at 4:15pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Grado SR 80i or SR 225i ? Last post on 11/6/13 at 8:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- advice on amp for nexus 7. music and movies. Last post on 11/4/13 at 11:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- WTB: Grado SR-60 or SR-80 - Preferably, Not the "i" Series, but Let me Know What you... Last post on 11/8/13 at 11:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) Last post on Yesterday at 4:56 pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Momentum vs Amperior - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think you may enjoy the M100.
They have a very "fun" sound sig.
The bass is a exagerated but it is punchy and I didnt find it too boomy.
They have a nice sparkly treble as stated above and I enjoyed listening to metal on them (from Iron Maiden to Lamb of God).
I owned the Momentums for a while and I found them to be far better on the whole for me than the M100's, as I also listen to a lot of other Genres (sounded fantastic for Eagles - Hell Freezes Over and Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged for an example), however for metal and any electronic music the M100's have it in spades.
I personally use my Mad Dog 3.2's to listen to a lot of metal and I find it enjoyable enough.
Though they are a darker phone, I find them having plenty of mid/treble for guitar/vocals without being harsh and enough bass to satisfy my unless I am listening to electro house music etc, in which case I just use my Vmoda LP2's, which are more or less useless for anything other than electronic music.
You could probably pick up a good cond pair of M100's for around the $200 mark.
Hope this helps.
....recently the price of the amperiors as been dropping like crazy...
I got my hd25s for 55 euros a month ago and i can easilly sell them again for about 90. Right now the amperior are costing 140 euros. Is it worth Giving up my hd25s and dropping 50 more euros for a pair of amperiors?
Are the amperiors better (sonically) than any of the 2 i already have?
(I listen mainly to pop, rock and edm)
- Momentum vs Amperior
- › Bigger soundstage means less tight musically. 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new closed headphones - HD600/Mad Dogs & HD700/?? 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK 9 - Has anyone tried it? 2 minutes ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › To buy Onkyo C-7030 or not to buy? 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital