Which would you buy/prefer?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/14/14 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer copying the looks of ATH-M50? Last post on 4/11/14 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/12/14 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for Headphones + Amp for Portable + Home use. Last post on 3/6/14 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
AKG K167 vs Audio Technica ATH M50?
Poll Results: Which would you buy/prefer?
55% (5)AKG K167
44% (4)Audio Technica M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
K167 might sound better, but they are inferior to the M50 in basically every single other way. Uncomfortable, useless folding mechanism, flimsy, creaky, and (to me) pretty ugly.
Also, not everyone likes Tiesto.
I agree with you that not everyone like Tiesto cause I myself is included in that category but still, K167 is still a better sub to ATH-M50 to me. I find the ATH-M50 bass bloated. I did rather get the a bit harsh sounding bass on the K167.. Also the forward mids of K167... Just nice!
Just my 2cent
Oh, no, I agree with you completely. The AKG K167 does, without a doubt, sound better to me than the M50... but in terms of build, the K167 is just a joke, and because of that, I can't recommend it.
- AKG K167 vs Audio Technica ATH M50?
- › Hello from Missouri 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › best headphone/amp combo for Classical. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › CLEANING URBANEARS PLATTAN?????? 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob