So I just tested out the Shure SRH-840, I really like its sound, only wish it had more bass. So is there another headphone with the same sound like the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass? My budget is a max of €150,- ($200).
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 Last post on Yesterday at 10:00 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones Under $200 (Bias Free) Last post on 8/29/14 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations Last post on 8/27/14 at 1:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH440 have had it not sure what to get now Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for <$200 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1r is very balanced. Slightly emphasized bass, mid emphasized.
Ws99 has slightly emphasized mids, and emphasized bass.
Can't get the ATH WS99 in my country, and the MDR 1-R is out of my budget.
Those are too expensive in my country aswell. Is there any good amp/DAC that can give the 840's better sound quality and more bass without dipping the other frequencies?
I posted this in the 840 thread for you, also. You would be better of just purchasing the Fiio E11 with it's bass boost option. I have the E12 and the bass boost works wonderfully when needed.
I had a pair of SRH 840´s and felt exactly the same as you, the sound quality was amazing but the lack of bass somewhat let them down, I also had the Sony MDR-1r (gladly I sold them recently), in my opinion the sound quality was not in the league of the 840's but the bass was pretty good, the SRH 840 had such an impressive quality to it, I loved them and am currently negotiating buying another pair. My only gripe was they did feel a bit heavy.
- Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Lcd's and unlistenable cd's 5 minutes ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)