So I just tested out the Shure SRH-840, I really like its sound, only wish it had more bass. So is there another headphone with the same sound like the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass? My budget is a max of €150,- ($200).
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones Under $200 (Bias Free) Last post on 8/29/14 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations Last post on 8/27/14 at 1:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH440 have had it not sure what to get now Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for <$200 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 25 vs Shure SRH840 Last post on 6/5/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1r is very balanced. Slightly emphasized bass, mid emphasized.
Ws99 has slightly emphasized mids, and emphasized bass.
Can't get the ATH WS99 in my country, and the MDR 1-R is out of my budget.
Those are too expensive in my country aswell. Is there any good amp/DAC that can give the 840's better sound quality and more bass without dipping the other frequencies?
I posted this in the 840 thread for you, also. You would be better of just purchasing the Fiio E11 with it's bass boost option. I have the E12 and the bass boost works wonderfully when needed.
I had a pair of SRH 840´s and felt exactly the same as you, the sound quality was amazing but the lack of bass somewhat let them down, I also had the Sony MDR-1r (gladly I sold them recently), in my opinion the sound quality was not in the league of the 840's but the bass was pretty good, the SRH 840 had such an impressive quality to it, I loved them and am currently negotiating buying another pair. My only gripe was they did feel a bit heavy.
- Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD800 in good condition. 9 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 46 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones up to £100 with DacMagic XS USB DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Eclipse Twag V2 OM RSA / ALO Balanced (EU) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)