So I just tested out the Shure SRH-840, I really like its sound, only wish it had more bass. So is there another headphone with the same sound like the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass? My budget is a max of €150,- ($200).
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones Under $200 (Bias Free) Last post on 8/29/14 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations Last post on 8/27/14 at 1:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH440 have had it not sure what to get now Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for <$200 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 25 vs Shure SRH840 Last post on 6/5/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1r is very balanced. Slightly emphasized bass, mid emphasized.
Ws99 has slightly emphasized mids, and emphasized bass.
Can't get the ATH WS99 in my country, and the MDR 1-R is out of my budget.
Those are too expensive in my country aswell. Is there any good amp/DAC that can give the 840's better sound quality and more bass without dipping the other frequencies?
I posted this in the 840 thread for you, also. You would be better of just purchasing the Fiio E11 with it's bass boost option. I have the E12 and the bass boost works wonderfully when needed.
I had a pair of SRH 840´s and felt exactly the same as you, the sound quality was amazing but the lack of bass somewhat let them down, I also had the Sony MDR-1r (gladly I sold them recently), in my opinion the sound quality was not in the league of the 840's but the bass was pretty good, the SRH 840 had such an impressive quality to it, I loved them and am currently negotiating buying another pair. My only gripe was they did feel a bit heavy.
- Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 19 seconds ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 20 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 4 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Barely Used FiiO X5 5 minutes ago
- › Seattle Head-Fi - Portable Club 5 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)