So I just tested out the Shure SRH-840, I really like its sound, only wish it had more bass. So is there another headphone with the same sound like the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass? My budget is a max of €150,- ($200).
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which earpads are compatible Last post on 2/9/15 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $100-$200 closed back headphones Last post on 2/19/15 at 1:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hello Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking For Some New Cans Last post on 2/3/15 at 6:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
1r is very balanced. Slightly emphasized bass, mid emphasized.
Ws99 has slightly emphasized mids, and emphasized bass.
Can't get the ATH WS99 in my country, and the MDR 1-R is out of my budget.
Those are too expensive in my country aswell. Is there any good amp/DAC that can give the 840's better sound quality and more bass without dipping the other frequencies?
I posted this in the 840 thread for you, also. You would be better of just purchasing the Fiio E11 with it's bass boost option. I have the E12 and the bass boost works wonderfully when needed.
I had a pair of SRH 840´s and felt exactly the same as you, the sound quality was amazing but the lack of bass somewhat let them down, I also had the Sony MDR-1r (gladly I sold them recently), in my opinion the sound quality was not in the league of the 840's but the bass was pretty good, the SRH 840 had such an impressive quality to it, I loved them and am currently negotiating buying another pair. My only gripe was they did feel a bit heavy.
- Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 29 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 2 minutes ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 8 minutes ago
- › Problems with my Viablue t6 small 3.5mm 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2