So I just tested out the Shure SRH-840, I really like its sound, only wish it had more bass. So is there another headphone with the same sound like the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass? My budget is a max of €150,- ($200).
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- To AMP or Not to AMP - Driving Headphones in the $150-$300 Range Last post on 11/7/14 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any suggestions for comfortable headphones? Last post on 10/27/14 at 12:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any way to make my Shure SRH840's more comfortable? Last post on 10/30/14 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last update : 2014/12/07) Last post on Yesterday at 11:42 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones Under $200 (Bias Free) Last post on 8/29/14 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1r is very balanced. Slightly emphasized bass, mid emphasized.
Ws99 has slightly emphasized mids, and emphasized bass.
Can't get the ATH WS99 in my country, and the MDR 1-R is out of my budget.
Those are too expensive in my country aswell. Is there any good amp/DAC that can give the 840's better sound quality and more bass without dipping the other frequencies?
I posted this in the 840 thread for you, also. You would be better of just purchasing the Fiio E11 with it's bass boost option. I have the E12 and the bass boost works wonderfully when needed.
I had a pair of SRH 840´s and felt exactly the same as you, the sound quality was amazing but the lack of bass somewhat let them down, I also had the Sony MDR-1r (gladly I sold them recently), in my opinion the sound quality was not in the league of the 840's but the bass was pretty good, the SRH 840 had such an impressive quality to it, I loved them and am currently negotiating buying another pair. My only gripe was they did feel a bit heavy.
- Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only with more bass?
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 32 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIOVALVE LUMINARE: an Universal Headphone Amp with three... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 10 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)