- 214 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Canberra, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 9/8/15 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 2/24/16 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
beats pro vs sennheiser momentum - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi to all! :) Im looking for a stylish full size headphones with really good sound quality,and deciding between pro and momentums.Basically Im listening to rap,hip hop,house,club music. So for me bass suppose to be really impressive and deep,next I am expecting overall clear,crisp sound. Next thing is build quality, from what I saw on the internet beats pro I think is better chioce when it comes to the build.
So,if someone could give me andvice I would really appreciate it :)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Anniversary Edition 32ohm
They fit everything that you want in a headphone and will give you much better clarity and overall sound than the Giant obnoxious Beats. Cheaper better looking and sound a lot better when used for other applications besides music. Movies and gaming will be worlds better than the beats who do not do sound staging or depth or anything that isn't loud obnoxious bass. If you want a true bass cannon of a headphone that still has class go with the M-Audio Q40's. They hit harder and have this strange thing called a mid-range so you can actually hear vocals and instrument separation. Crazy right!! :)
All joking and snarky-ness aside the two cans I mentioned above are both better than the Beats. They may not get you the attention of others if you are walking around town but they will sound better and be more functional than the beats which is clearly more important when we're talking about headphones.
these are only 2 headphones which I am interested in,because of style and build quality,so which pair would suit me better? Oh yes,also I am interesting in hd650 but Im not a professional,and I will use headphones without any amp,so what I have heard that there arent good without amp and Im better off with momentum,is that true?
You don't think the V-Moda's are stylish? They have very good build quality.
Neither. Get the V-MODA Crossfade M-100. It's better for what you listen to than either of those. I know because I have them. They are some pretty bass heavy headphones. However the bass does not drown out the mids and highs like it does on the beats. My friend has the Ultrasone Pro 900 and the bass is no wear near as punchy on those as it is on the M-100. It's by far the best set of headphones for what you're looking for. Also the V-MODAs don't require an amp because they only have a 32Ω impedance.
EDIT: Whatever you do, do not waste your money on the Beats. They are over priced garbage.
Edited by Tman5293 - 5/24/13 at 9:54pm
Unfortunately a lot of these people here hate beats because there is a bias towards them. That bias is mainly due to the beats Studio. I have had that bias too but am coming out of it.
I have heard the Momentums and they are a sweat sounding headphone. They are kind of forward but pleasantly smooth at the same time. However the build quality cannot be accurately tested because they havent been out for that long.
Im a hip hop artist myself. Though I would probably go for the Momentums for the instrumental hip hop. I wouldn't recommend them for that genre as a whole. I would recommend the Beats Pro. You would have to muster up some confidence to go against what most audiophiles recommend but here is the problem with Head-fiers like myself, we tend to start listening to the headphone more than the music. You want to feel the music and to appreciate them aesthetically. To feel the music I would pick the Beats pro. Djs say they are sturdy as well. (NOT BEATS STUDIO. DO STAY AWAY FROM THOSE)With most closed headphones, the difference in clarity is not miles apart (for most of them) For example. While listening to the momentums and the akg k550 and the you notice that the akg k550 singles out the instruments more and isnt as smooth and is technically better but most people prefer the momentums whose sound isn't that far from the k550 in details. Then the shure 940's sound super detailed but have no bottom end to pull the sound together and the clarity and detail means nothing when it doesn't sound real.
So in short go for what the headphone was made for. Beats was made for "Beats" (hip hop beats). Full sounding, clear, and hard hitting. Though for a headphone that would be a better all-rounder I would say the Momentums hands down for a more real life, natural sound that doesn't do hip hop half bad.
For the best of both that has a lean towards hip hop but can still handle others... I would recommend the v-moda m-100 but you to my surprise dont like the looks. I still think the beats would atleast tie them for hip hop but lose to them(m100) for aesthetics, custom features, sibilance, and build.
For clarity I would get an amp and pair it with something open
Edited by grizzlybeast - 6/19/13 at 9:34pm
I beg to differ. I think the V-MODA M-100 sounds better than the momentum.
that and some modded fostex's. but yeah I wouldn't say you are far off.
They are pretty amazing.
Funny that I stumbled across this thread. I was looking for info about Fiio E12. ANyway, I bought the Sennheiser Momentums a few days back. I have two open cans from Audio Technica and Sennheiser. Wanted a portable, good sounding closed can. I recently received a Beats as a gift which I bought back. DO not get Beyerdynamics etc if style is one of the factors. Beyers are awesome but hugeeeee. I just about shortlisted to VModa M100 and Momentums. MOmentums were more expensive so I was a little hesitant. When I listened to the Sennheisers, it was a done deal right there and then. It's been about a week and I am so happy I got the Momentum. I got the black with red stitch which looks way cool while it sounds good and is built well. Only gripe is that the carrying case is bit big since they do not fold. The case is good and sturdy though. The earcups barely go over my ears but even with light overlap they are comfortable and sonics do not get effected. In my opinion Sennheiser is charging a little bit of a premium price for these but heck, they are worth it though $290 would have been a better price. I bought mine from the Apple Store as the carried them and I could compare the VModa and Momentums there. Amazon would have saved a few bucks but then I would have had to wait for a few days:).
Oh and for the sound, the do carry bass, not overdone but nice warm sounding with no interference with the mids. Mids and highs were very clear. The upper highs rolled off a bit but I think I felt that more since I am used to the clarity and sound stage of my open cans. These are perfect and above all at 18ohm, the are easily drivable. You would always have someone point out one thing or the other. Matter of fact is that music and sound tastes are very personal and any product, however expensive or high tech it is will always have + and -. Best wa is to tr to listen to them and if you do not like them even after the break in, do not hold on for long. Best is to listen before buying if possible.
- beats pro vs sennheiser momentum
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 7 seconds ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 2 minutes ago
- › Artifact in my music? 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Best Symphonie Fantastique by Berlioz in your opinion 6 minutes ago
- › Koss Dynamic 10 (Auditor) 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 7 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...