- 191 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Canberra, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 2/3/15 at 6:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 1/26/15 at 3:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding on a good set of closed-back phones below $300 Last post on 1/23/15 at 5:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Gear sale! Ultrasone Pro 900, Sony MDR1RBT Vsonic gr07 MKII, and more! Last post on 2/10/15 at 6:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
beats pro vs sennheiser momentum - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi to all! :) Im looking for a stylish full size headphones with really good sound quality,and deciding between pro and momentums.Basically Im listening to rap,hip hop,house,club music. So for me bass suppose to be really impressive and deep,next I am expecting overall clear,crisp sound. Next thing is build quality, from what I saw on the internet beats pro I think is better chioce when it comes to the build.
So,if someone could give me andvice I would really appreciate it :)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Anniversary Edition 32ohm
They fit everything that you want in a headphone and will give you much better clarity and overall sound than the Giant obnoxious Beats. Cheaper better looking and sound a lot better when used for other applications besides music. Movies and gaming will be worlds better than the beats who do not do sound staging or depth or anything that isn't loud obnoxious bass. If you want a true bass cannon of a headphone that still has class go with the M-Audio Q40's. They hit harder and have this strange thing called a mid-range so you can actually hear vocals and instrument separation. Crazy right!! :)
All joking and snarky-ness aside the two cans I mentioned above are both better than the Beats. They may not get you the attention of others if you are walking around town but they will sound better and be more functional than the beats which is clearly more important when we're talking about headphones.
these are only 2 headphones which I am interested in,because of style and build quality,so which pair would suit me better? Oh yes,also I am interesting in hd650 but Im not a professional,and I will use headphones without any amp,so what I have heard that there arent good without amp and Im better off with momentum,is that true?
You don't think the V-Moda's are stylish? They have very good build quality.
Neither. Get the V-MODA Crossfade M-100. It's better for what you listen to than either of those. I know because I have them. They are some pretty bass heavy headphones. However the bass does not drown out the mids and highs like it does on the beats. My friend has the Ultrasone Pro 900 and the bass is no wear near as punchy on those as it is on the M-100. It's by far the best set of headphones for what you're looking for. Also the V-MODAs don't require an amp because they only have a 32Ω impedance.
EDIT: Whatever you do, do not waste your money on the Beats. They are over priced garbage.
Edited by Tman5293 - 5/24/13 at 9:54pm
Unfortunately a lot of these people here hate beats because there is a bias towards them. That bias is mainly due to the beats Studio. I have had that bias too but am coming out of it.
I have heard the Momentums and they are a sweat sounding headphone. They are kind of forward but pleasantly smooth at the same time. However the build quality cannot be accurately tested because they havent been out for that long.
Im a hip hop artist myself. Though I would probably go for the Momentums for the instrumental hip hop. I wouldn't recommend them for that genre as a whole. I would recommend the Beats Pro. You would have to muster up some confidence to go against what most audiophiles recommend but here is the problem with Head-fiers like myself, we tend to start listening to the headphone more than the music. You want to feel the music and to appreciate them aesthetically. To feel the music I would pick the Beats pro. Djs say they are sturdy as well. (NOT BEATS STUDIO. DO STAY AWAY FROM THOSE)With most closed headphones, the difference in clarity is not miles apart (for most of them) For example. While listening to the momentums and the akg k550 and the you notice that the akg k550 singles out the instruments more and isnt as smooth and is technically better but most people prefer the momentums whose sound isn't that far from the k550 in details. Then the shure 940's sound super detailed but have no bottom end to pull the sound together and the clarity and detail means nothing when it doesn't sound real.
So in short go for what the headphone was made for. Beats was made for "Beats" (hip hop beats). Full sounding, clear, and hard hitting. Though for a headphone that would be a better all-rounder I would say the Momentums hands down for a more real life, natural sound that doesn't do hip hop half bad.
For the best of both that has a lean towards hip hop but can still handle others... I would recommend the v-moda m-100 but you to my surprise dont like the looks. I still think the beats would atleast tie them for hip hop but lose to them(m100) for aesthetics, custom features, sibilance, and build.
For clarity I would get an amp and pair it with something open
Edited by grizzlybeast - 6/19/13 at 9:34pm
I beg to differ. I think the V-MODA M-100 sounds better than the momentum.
that and some modded fostex's. but yeah I wouldn't say you are far off.
They are pretty amazing.
Funny that I stumbled across this thread. I was looking for info about Fiio E12. ANyway, I bought the Sennheiser Momentums a few days back. I have two open cans from Audio Technica and Sennheiser. Wanted a portable, good sounding closed can. I recently received a Beats as a gift which I bought back. DO not get Beyerdynamics etc if style is one of the factors. Beyers are awesome but hugeeeee. I just about shortlisted to VModa M100 and Momentums. MOmentums were more expensive so I was a little hesitant. When I listened to the Sennheisers, it was a done deal right there and then. It's been about a week and I am so happy I got the Momentum. I got the black with red stitch which looks way cool while it sounds good and is built well. Only gripe is that the carrying case is bit big since they do not fold. The case is good and sturdy though. The earcups barely go over my ears but even with light overlap they are comfortable and sonics do not get effected. In my opinion Sennheiser is charging a little bit of a premium price for these but heck, they are worth it though $290 would have been a better price. I bought mine from the Apple Store as the carried them and I could compare the VModa and Momentums there. Amazon would have saved a few bucks but then I would have had to wait for a few days:).
Oh and for the sound, the do carry bass, not overdone but nice warm sounding with no interference with the mids. Mids and highs were very clear. The upper highs rolled off a bit but I think I felt that more since I am used to the clarity and sound stage of my open cans. These are perfect and above all at 18ohm, the are easily drivable. You would always have someone point out one thing or the other. Matter of fact is that music and sound tastes are very personal and any product, however expensive or high tech it is will always have + and -. Best wa is to tr to listen to them and if you do not like them even after the break in, do not hold on for long. Best is to listen before buying if possible.
- beats pro vs sennheiser momentum
- › Three Word Story 22 seconds ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 27 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2