or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: InEar StageDiver Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: InEar StageDiver Series - Page 16

post #226 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by aertoria View Post

Would like to hear the comparison with se846
The se846 is on another level playing ground than the SD2. Both have really different sound signatures. The se846 is fun, energetic and vibrant across the entire frequency range whereas the SD2 is tuned to be flatter and neutral but sports some warmth in the mid range.
post #227 of 239

A new StageDiver 4 review: http://www.headfonia.com/inear-stagediver-4-well-tuned/

post #228 of 239
Hello
Do anyone here have compared the sd-1 vs sd-2 ?
I would be interested to know how close the sd-1 perform in comparision with the sd-2.
post #229 of 239

I would also be interested to know which size correspond to which size of ears. Mine seems standard but I won't be able to try these before I order so I would be sure that the fit will be good.

Anyone had problem with SD-N and had to order SD-Ns instead ?

 

Thanks.

post #230 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


The se846 is on another level playing ground than the SD2. Both have really different sound signatures. The se846 is fun, energetic and vibrant across the entire frequency range whereas the SD2 is tuned to be flatter and neutral but sports some warmth in the midI bel

I believe you have to take the SD 4 to compare with the SE846,IE800 and K3003, as the SD2 is a bit above entry level compared to the big 3 

post #231 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post

I believe you have to take the SD 4 to compare with the SE846,IE800 and K3003, as the SD2 is a bit above entry level compared to the big 3 
I've heard the SD4 and to me it just sounded off. But that's me, probably an isolated case. To me the SD4 is really tuned down to a personal preference and taste. The SD2 packs a tough fight. Putting against other big players like Westone 4, Shure 535 I actually preferred the SD2.

I do agree with you that the SD2 is above entry level. Just like the Angie is above 846 and etc.
post #232 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

to my ears the sd2 is more of a u-shaped signature. slightly boosted treble and bass, without boosting upper bass and mids, which results in a more airy sounding. i agree, that soundstage depth and imaging is not on par with sd3 but still impressive. great review!

It seems the SD2 is more comparable to the Grado GR10,maybe with a bit more bass?

post #233 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


I've heard the SD4 and to me it just sounded off. But that's me, probably an isolated case. To me the SD4 is really tuned down to a personal preference and taste. The SD2 packs a tough fight. Putting against other big players like Westone 4, Shure 535 I actually preferred the SD2.

I do agree with you that the SD2 is above entry level. Just like the Angie is above 846 and etc.

I did mean the price,not the performance, I don´t necessarely believe a 1000 dollar in ear is better than a 400 dollar one. You mean that the SD2 is more neutral and therefore closer to your liking, but next week, I will know more, I will demo the 2, 3 and 4 SD models. I am not a basshead but I like progrock with a fairly dominating bass guitar, like Magma,Poil, Primus, Alco Frisbass,Bill Laswell,classic Yes with Chris Squire dominating role like on Fragile and Close to the Edge, so I want a punchy natural sounding bass but without disturbing mids and highs, important with music from Magma, where you have earthshaking Fender Jazz bass with aerie sounding female vocals.

post #234 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post
 

Strength? In sound Signature?

 

- Pure Silver Litz Cable (stock on is Silver plated Copper and will turn green in a few months)

- Can be customised (Carbon splitter, Skull, etc)

- Neutralises the Big bass of the SD3 sound, and increase the details of the treble. SD-3 will no longer be warm..perfect combo

Than it is cheaper to buy the SD 2. 

post #235 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migou67 View Post
 

@zenstep, I have the SD3 and IE80, for me you can remove the IE80 from the list, the SD3 is much better than the Sennheiser because the latter has a much better isolation and fit, IE80 is below average in this case. The ASG-2 can be also evaluated for your need, I was comparing both before, price and availability was better in EU for the SD3, that was one of the raisons of my choice for the SD3.

Isolation and fit, but what about the sound compared to the IE80?

post #236 of 239

Does anyone know how the SD2 compares to the Earwerkz Supra2? Can't seem to find a solid comparison and I'm trying to decide between the two. 

post #237 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post
 

Isolation and fit, but what about the sound compared to the IE80?

 

It is much more at the fit and noise attenuation they differ for me, in terms of sound I appreciate both, they have a close signature (quality bass and large soundstage), the difference comes also from his BA or Dynamics drivers. I'm not enough qualified to explain the differences in detail with my poor ears and audio knowledges :o

post #238 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migou67 View Post

It is much more at the fit and noise attenuation they differ for me, in terms of sound I appreciate both, they have a close signature (quality bass and large soundstage), the difference comes also from his BA or Dynamics drivers. I'm not enough qualified to explain the differences in detail with my poor ears and audio knowledges redface.gif
Don't bother, only what you hear is important, you don't need any specific knowledge for that, you either like the sound or you don't , I did ask because the SD 3 I did not demo, the 2 sounds great but is a bit to flat for my taste and the 4 is exellent but out of my price range.
post #239 of 239

Anyone from Brazil ?

a review in Portuguese here

 

fs

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: InEar StageDiver Series