Hi, I am new. I am looking for a pair of high quality headphones that have exceptional mids and highs, but also have good sounding bass. I have heard that the Sennheiser hd 558 are very good with mids and highs, but lack bass. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly metal, rap, and rock. I am looking for the best sounding headphone that is the best for listening to music through the headphone jack on my pc or an ipod. I would prefer the headphones to not have to be amped. I want a headphone that will catch all the bass notes in rap music, but also sound tight and punchy with fast double bass in metal. Bass is very important, but the mids and highs are just as important, and I would like a headphone that can capture every little detail and sound very full. I definitely don't want a headphone that seems to be missing mids. My price range is roughly $200 or less, but I would like to know all the available options that cost more too. And what is the absolute best headphone that money can buy for what i'm looking for? thanks for any advice.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- got a 200 dollar spending limit for my xmas present what should i get Last post on 11/7/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser build problems anyone? Last post on 12/15/14 at 6:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the ATH M50 Just overrated ? Last post on 12/20/14 at 1:08am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison between ATH M50 and Sennheiser HD558 please Last post on 9/16/14 at 5:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best headphones in $200 range with the best mids and highs and also excellent bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Id also recommend the mdr ma900. They have nice bass, crystal clear mids, and a gigantic sound stage.
I was torn between the Audio Technica ATH-WS99, the Audio Technica ATH-A900X, and the Ultrasone HFI780, but after more research, I think I might go for the ws99's. I keep hearing they have tons of bass, and sub bass specifically, that not only is in quantity, but also quality. I also keep hearing that they have great sounding mids and highs and are great for rock and metal. So where is the best place to buy some ws99 headphones. I see a pair on ebay for $206.99 shipped.
The seller is "Buy". Would you recommend buying from that seller?
And before I pull the plug, is there any reason why I shouldn't get the ws99's? Is there a better headphone?
After searching the UPC of the ws99 headphones that i found on ebay, I found even better deals on the headphones.
Both are selling the ws99's for $191.15. Would you buy from these sellers? Are they actually REAL Audio Technica WS99's?
Edited by Trunks159 - 5/16/13 at 5:34am
- Best headphones in $200 range with the best mids and highs and also excellent bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 14 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 33 seconds ago
- › In the market for new over ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › For HD600, stay with iBasso D-zero or get Magni? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › HRT MicroStreamer 4 minutes ago
- › What is this Schiit?! - constant rumbling on new Lyr 2 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Iphone 5 compatible with fiio amps?
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3