Hi, I am new. I am looking for a pair of high quality headphones that have exceptional mids and highs, but also have good sounding bass. I have heard that the Sennheiser hd 558 are very good with mids and highs, but lack bass. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly metal, rap, and rock. I am looking for the best sounding headphone that is the best for listening to music through the headphone jack on my pc or an ipod. I would prefer the headphones to not have to be amped. I want a headphone that will catch all the bass notes in rap music, but also sound tight and punchy with fast double bass in metal. Bass is very important, but the mids and highs are just as important, and I would like a headphone that can capture every little detail and sound very full. I definitely don't want a headphone that seems to be missing mids. My price range is roughly $200 or less, but I would like to know all the available options that cost more too. And what is the absolute best headphone that money can buy for what i'm looking for? thanks for any advice.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking to upgrade Last post on 5/11/13 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- got a 200 dollar spending limit for my xmas present what should i get Last post on 11/7/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Yesterday
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best headphones in $200 range with the best mids and highs and also excellent bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Id also recommend the mdr ma900. They have nice bass, crystal clear mids, and a gigantic sound stage.
I was torn between the Audio Technica ATH-WS99, the Audio Technica ATH-A900X, and the Ultrasone HFI780, but after more research, I think I might go for the ws99's. I keep hearing they have tons of bass, and sub bass specifically, that not only is in quantity, but also quality. I also keep hearing that they have great sounding mids and highs and are great for rock and metal. So where is the best place to buy some ws99 headphones. I see a pair on ebay for $206.99 shipped.
The seller is "Buy". Would you recommend buying from that seller?
And before I pull the plug, is there any reason why I shouldn't get the ws99's? Is there a better headphone?
After searching the UPC of the ws99 headphones that i found on ebay, I found even better deals on the headphones.
Both are selling the ws99's for $191.15. Would you buy from these sellers? Are they actually REAL Audio Technica WS99's?
Edited by Trunks159 - 5/16/13 at 5:34am
- Best headphones in $200 range with the best mids and highs and also excellent bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Replacement for AIAIAI TMA-1 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › I need help in regards to gaming sound. 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)