Hi, I am new. I am looking for a pair of high quality headphones that have exceptional mids and highs, but also have good sounding bass. I have heard that the Sennheiser hd 558 are very good with mids and highs, but lack bass. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly metal, rap, and rock. I am looking for the best sounding headphone that is the best for listening to music through the headphone jack on my pc or an ipod. I would prefer the headphones to not have to be amped. I want a headphone that will catch all the bass notes in rap music, but also sound tight and punchy with fast double bass in metal. Bass is very important, but the mids and highs are just as important, and I would like a headphone that can capture every little detail and sound very full. I definitely don't want a headphone that seems to be missing mids. My price range is roughly $200 or less, but I would like to know all the available options that cost more too. And what is the absolute best headphone that money can buy for what i'm looking for? thanks for any advice.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking to upgrade Last post on 5/11/13 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- got a 200 dollar spending limit for my xmas present what should i get Last post on 11/7/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best headphones in $200 range with the best mids and highs and also excellent bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Id also recommend the mdr ma900. They have nice bass, crystal clear mids, and a gigantic sound stage.
I was torn between the Audio Technica ATH-WS99, the Audio Technica ATH-A900X, and the Ultrasone HFI780, but after more research, I think I might go for the ws99's. I keep hearing they have tons of bass, and sub bass specifically, that not only is in quantity, but also quality. I also keep hearing that they have great sounding mids and highs and are great for rock and metal. So where is the best place to buy some ws99 headphones. I see a pair on ebay for $206.99 shipped.
The seller is "Buy". Would you recommend buying from that seller?
And before I pull the plug, is there any reason why I shouldn't get the ws99's? Is there a better headphone?
After searching the UPC of the ws99 headphones that i found on ebay, I found even better deals on the headphones.
Both are selling the ws99's for $191.15. Would you buy from these sellers? Are they actually REAL Audio Technica WS99's?
Edited by Trunks159 - 5/16/13 at 5:34am
- Best headphones in $200 range with the best mids and highs and also excellent bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 40 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 46 seconds ago
- › Looking for some all around headphones. 55 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2