No worries mate.
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica M50 Vs. Shure SRH 840 Vs. ????? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser 598/558. Reliance on an AMP, iBasse P3 Heron sufficient? Last post on 1/21/15 at 10:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Need Help with a Headphone Buying Decision (QC15, M50, HD598, HD558, Momentums, COP, MDR1R) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I recommend passing on the m50s. I had them for two years, and while I loved how they sounded (my only complaint in this area is that the soundstage on the m50s is underwhelming and quite narrow), how easy they were to drive and the fact that they were built like a tank and could take a beating. The earpads wore down easily with the leather cracking and deflated a bit so that my ears were touching the driver, which is uncomfortable when long periods of use.
Have you considered getting the beyerdynamic custom one pro? The bass on them is adjustable which could meet your drumming needs and fit in with the other types of music you listen to. Also I think they're build better than the other headphones you're considering, especially the m50s and the momentums, simply because they have a detachable cable. They retailed around $200 last I checked.
Also, I myself am a huge fan of Bose headphones simply for the comfort, I think their sound quality to price ratio is horrible, but man, do they feel like pillows on your ears and how light they feel on your head. I personally would love to have a pair of QC15s as I fell asleep.
- Need Help with a Headphone Buying Decision (QC15, M50, HD598, HD558, Momentums, COP, MDR1R)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700x (open) vs ATH-A700x (closed) 25 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 29 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 40 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 1 minute ago
- › Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 4 minutes ago
- › Advice related to AV and speakers and stuffs. 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2