I was just recently gifted a $230 Amazon gift card and my dilemma is I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade my current collection. I have a few that I'm interested in, the M50, HD598, HD558, Momentums, COP, and MDR1R. But I'm not opposed to other reccommendations.
So in summary, here's what I'm considering:
1) Keep the two I have and get the best I can for the $230, or
2) Sell the QC15s (I know someone who will give me $250 for them) and get one do it all headphone that will meet all my criteria, or
3) Sell the QC15s and get two headphones that are really good at different traits in my criteria.
Which option would you go with and what headphone(s) would you recommend and why?
Please only limit it to 2 headphones max. I only want one do it all headphone that meets all my criteria below, or two, 1 open and 1 closed/portable.
Here's my criteria for my headphone(s):
1) Music - I mainly listen to music with live instruments (Gospel, Jazz, Funk, etc.). I'm a drummer so I love a headphone that brings out the details of acoustic drumsets (Strong kick base drum impact, clear toms, crystal clear non siblant cymbal work) while still maintaining great accuracy and detail with the other instruments on the track. The M50s did all of this well in my limited time with them.
2) Immersive Gaming - Realistic gunshots and explosions with good detail retrieval for some online multiplayer. Don't need competitive footstep listening though.
3) Some movie watching
4) Source - Ipad and Galaxy S3 (lossless or 320kb) for music, dolby headphone processor for gaming and movies. Don't want an amp.